PDA

View Full Version : Crockers Folly

Al 10000
03-08-2014, 18:01
I picked up the August / September edition of London Drinker,

It says the Crockers Folly in St Johns Wood may reopen within the next few months,this is a pub i have not done but has been one i have wanted to do since i first knew about it,lets hope it reopens soon.

Rex_Rattus
04-08-2014, 08:55
I picked up the August / September edition of London Drinker,

It says the Crockers Folly in St Johns Wood may reopen within the next few months,this is a pub i have not done but has been one i have wanted to do since i first knew about it,lets hope it reopens soon.
Agreed - and let's hope that the magnificent Victorian "gin palace" interior has not been wrecked, following years of neglect and occupation by those who would have no interest in pub preservation.

ROBCamra
04-08-2014, 10:12
Called in a couple of times when working in London in the late 90's.

A great looking pub, but the beer never matched the architecture.

Let's hope that someone who knows something about both is now in charge. :cheers:

Grailhunter
04-08-2014, 11:53
Agree this was a marvellous pub for the architecture. As ROBCamra says the beers used to be a bit of an anti climax though. We used to come here after doing the Prince Alfred and Warrington nearby. Two other wonderful pubs building wise but also lacking a bit in ales.
Would be great if this one was to reopen.

aleandhearty
04-08-2014, 12:42
Wow! Mention of Crocker's Folly takes me back a bit. In the early eighties, it was a real regular haunt of mine, as I shared a flat with my college mates, about five minutes walk away. Of course, in those days it was known as The Crown and was quite a music pub. I've very fond memories of being absolutely bladdered on a Friday and Saturday night singing along to American Pie. On the beer front, I'm sure they sold Wadworth's 6X and possibly Pride and ESB?

sheffield hatter
04-08-2014, 14:38
I've very fond memories of being absolutely bladdered on a Friday and Saturday night singing along to American Pie.

Good grief, man! Have you no shame? :eek:

aleandhearty
04-08-2014, 15:57
Good grief, man! Have you no shame? :eek:

:D And I wasn't even joining in ironically! I've always genuinely liked the song.