PDA

View Full Version : Former name changes

bcfczuluarmy
17-06-2014, 20:38
With all the name changes we submit, which are swiftly actioned may I add, is there a way the former names can be added/retained/we can re-add them?

oldboots
18-06-2014, 07:28
With all the name changes we submit, which are swiftly actioned may I add, is there a way the former names can be added/retained/we can re-add them?

Why not add a review with the details.

Reviews retain the name of the pub at the time the review was submitted so there is some record (for example The Den (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/29127/))

For pubs with no review there doesn't look to be a visible record although I dare say it will be in the system.

Dave M
18-06-2014, 08:06
For pubs with no review there doesn't look to be a visible record although I dare say it will be in the system.

For name changes that me and Conrad have been doing for the last 10 years there is no record in the system of the old names (unless they are associated with a review as you say. That said name changes done in the last 6 months using the new interface (almost 200 of them!) have all been recorded so at some point I can potentially show former names.

One of the problems with doing that however is trying to separate out actual name changes from corrections of typos. Something for me to work on at some point.