PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck...

hopwas
18-03-2010, 22:37
... Somehow I fell down the stairs and broke my arm. I was rushed to hospital and X ray confirmed big break between my wrist and elbow. My arm is now on cast.

It was bloody painful! I have experienced 4 broken bones in my life and each has own story.

My plan for next week will still go on.

P.S I don't want any pity as I have been through millions of times :D

Hoppy

Conrad
18-03-2010, 23:12
I broke my little finger once does that count?

;)

hopwas
18-03-2010, 23:24
I broke my little finger once does that count?

;)

Sigh.. That do count :rolleyes: I got badly disfigured pinky finger due to wrestling around with my friend. He body slammed me with my poor pinky finger. My pinky finger got slammed under combined 120 kg of weight...

Now try to imagine the pain...:sick::sick::sick:

Strongers
18-03-2010, 23:57
I broke my middle finger pushing the roller ball on a pub golf machine - I ended up in the rough!

arwkrite
19-03-2010, 06:15
Two broken big toes ( one left and one right) playing five a side football in my youth. They are now arthritic and are really painfull whenever the weather changes.
A set of broken ribs, also in my younger years, from getting blotto on seemingly innocuous barley wine and passing out when stood over the toilet pan.
Broken collar bone when a police car rolled over ( someone else was driving I hasten to add ).
Smashed thumb with hammer whilst stamping metal.
Hairline skull fracture after chains from an overhead crane whip lashed and knocked me out.
I was accident prone but in my older years realise it aint worth all the pain and inconvenience.

Strongers
19-03-2010, 08:42
Two broken big toes ( one left and one right) playing five a side football in my youth. They are now arthritic and are really painfull whenever the weather changes.
A set of broken ribs, also in my younger years, from getting blotto on seemingly innocuous barley wine and passing out when stood over the toilet pan.
Broken collar bone when a police car rolled over ( someone else was driving I hasten to add ).
Smashed thumb with hammer whilst stamping metal.
Hairline skull fracture after chains from an overhead crane whip lashed and knocked me out.
I was accident prone but in my older years realise it aint worth all the pain and inconvenience.

Shall we start calling you Mr Bump?

RogerB
19-03-2010, 10:02
... P.S I don't want any pity as I have been through millions of times :D

You weren't going to get any :D:D. Evel Kneival had a better safety record than you do.

hopwas
19-03-2010, 10:46
You weren't going to get any :D:D. Evel Kneival had a better safety record than you do.

:D

Woke up this morning and It was real agony just to get out of my bed. Couldn't even open my beloved marmite jar *sobs* I had to settle for rather plain toast :(

I just had an unsettling thought, How the hell I can open bottles or cans..:confused::moremad:

Oh well Lets hope it will get improve by Monday as I got a plan on that day..:pray:

Farway
19-03-2010, 14:49
:D I just had an unsettling thought, How the hell I can open bottles or cans..:confused::moremad:

One solution would be get a Watneys Party 7, then using can spanner wirh one hand you are in, or you would be if WP7 still existed ;)

hopwas
19-03-2010, 15:04
One solution would be get a Watneys Party 7, then using can spanner wirh one hand you are in, or you would be if WP7 still existed ;)

Just before my time.

Bought bottle of cider along with long straw :cheers::drinkup::D

Conrad
19-03-2010, 15:13
We were just talking about Diamond White and White Lightning the other night.

Entry drink of choice for my generation and then along came Hooch.

Oggwyn Trench
19-03-2010, 19:54
Amazingly no broken bones yet (touch wood)in my 44 years , though right knee is a bit gammy due to RD 250 , rain and manhole cover on the racing line :moremad:

RogerB
20-03-2010, 09:07
Just a broken ankle for me, something that probably resulted from a softball match in Hyde Park (for the uninitiated, softballs aren't soft!). I didn't even know it was broken until 2 years later when I tore all my ankle ligaments and the X-Ray showed it up! It's still broken now.

hopwas
28-03-2010, 18:08
Update

It been 10 days since my accident. I can happily report that I can now type on keyboard with two handed, cooked myself (I had takeaways and in pub in last 9 days) and opening bottle/cans :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Althrough I am still on cast, it is getting easier by day and only pain I get is very sore elbow.

I got 3 to 5 weeks to go before I get my cast removed.

Conrad
28-03-2010, 22:22
Glad to hear it is healing up.

Some of it going round, a good friend fractured his wrist in a cycling accident a week ago. I'm just busily wrapping myself in cotton wool.

Delboy20
30-03-2010, 20:15
Hi there,

I've got a broken cheekbone. Years ago it somehow got underneath the sole of a boot in a fairly nasty pub fight !! It was in "The Midland Hotel" in Brum if anyone remembers it - nice place !!!

I think it has been converted into shops now but you can still see the name in the stonework.

Cheers,

Del.

hopwas
12-04-2010, 13:55
Just had a letter from hospital saying I have been booked for "MOT" on my arm and if everything goes to plan then hopefully cast on my arm will be removed..:pray::pray::pray:

Conrad
13-04-2010, 12:30
Isn't that just giving you the opportunity to break it again?

I am surprised they are not just going with the full body cast option, preventative health care.

hopwas
13-04-2010, 14:22
Isn't that just giving you the opportunity to break it again?

I am surprised they are not just going with the full body cast option, preventative health care.

I have suffered enough health problems in my whole life.. twice hit by car, ankle dislocated in rugby scrum, fell down the stairs quite few times (alcohol may play part in it)..

Full body cast would be nice.. :whistle:

RogerB
13-04-2010, 14:48

.. twice hit by car,

The driver probably wasn't sure he got you the first time. :eek:

hopwas
13-04-2010, 14:52
The driver probably wasn't sure he got you the first time. :eek:

:rolleyes: Cheeky!

I mean I was hit by car twice in different times..