PDA

View Full Version : Editing a pub crawl

Quinno
27-05-2014, 17:59
Anyone know if it's possible to edit a previously created crawl on PuG?

I want to update this one that's now a bit out-of-date:
http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/crawl/viewcrawl.php?crawl=641

sheffield hatter
28-05-2014, 13:18
When you complete a pub crawl in PuG there's a warning that it will become visible to all site users and consequently uneditable. I think you just have to create a new version.

Quinno
28-05-2014, 16:56
When you complete a pub crawl in PuG there's a warning that it will become visible to all site users and consequently uneditable. I think you just have to create a new version.

That at least means I'm not missing the blindingly obvious!! Cheers.

Now, Dave, an edit button would be brilliant...?

Bucking Fastard
28-05-2014, 20:37
Now, Dave, an edit button would be brilliant...?

I have to agree that an edit function would be a great advantage and allow pub crawl contributors to keep their crawls up to date.I also hope it isn't a vast amount of coding .

Dave M
28-05-2014, 21:00
I have to agree that an edit function would be a great advantage and allow pub crawl contributors to keep their crawls up to date.I also hope it isn't a vast amount of coding .
I recall having a conversation about it with you whilst I was rather drunk at one of last years crawls.

Sadly it is a lot of coding to make them editable, realistically it would be simpler to rewrite the pub crawls entirely. That just isn't going to happen!

The best I think I might be able to offer would be a delete button leaving you to have to recreate the crawl, publish it and delete the old version. Far from ideal I know.

Bucking Fastard
29-05-2014, 08:30
Sounds like a lot of work to get an edit function.A delete button would allow a user to purge a crawl which has gone out of date. I would then be happy to recreate the "up to date" crawl,so I would be happy with this idea Dave.Thanks

Quinno
29-05-2014, 12:05
Sounds like a lot of work to get an edit function.A delete button would allow a user to purge a crawl which has gone out of date. I would then be happy to recreate the "up to date" crawl,so I would be happy with this idea Dave.Thanks

works for me :)

Gann
30-05-2014, 14:43
And me..........:cheers: