rpadam
17-03-2010, 20:27
Indy readers might find this interesting:

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/news.ma/ViewArticle?R=86325

Eddie86
18-03-2010, 01:12
If I may do a shameless plug:

http://www.kilverts.co.uk/board.html

I would be interested to know what appeals and what doesn't to you. Also to know what you would like to see that isn't there. Customer research - feel free to ignore if you wish

Cheers

RogerB
18-03-2010, 09:58
I would be interested to know what appeals and what doesn't to you. Also to know what you would like to see that isn't there. Customer research - feel free to ignore if you wish

There's a few good ideas in there. Not sure anyone drinking all day on the 31st will be in much of a position to participate coherantly in the evening quiz though! I like the guess the ale day. We once did something simlar at a festival where we had a list of tasting notes and we had to match the notes to the beers but that was just a bit of fun between our group. It's a shame I'm 150 miles away - I would be in virtually every night otherwise.

aleandhearty
18-03-2010, 10:26
I rather like the sound of FemALE Day, on April 1st. Anything that remotely encourages the possibility of my wife actually going to the bar and buying a round can't be a bad thing! :)

Conrad
18-03-2010, 21:47
I rather like the sound of FemALE Day, on April 1st. Anything that remotely encourages the possibility of my wife actually going to the bar and buying a round can't be a bad thing! :)
That was the one that jumped out at me as well. Whole week does sound like fun.

I do like Roger's take on the blind testing as well, trying to match up tasting notes, I feel like I could do that, whereas an unmarked tap would leave me hopelessly lost. Also mismatched tasting notes offers lots of potential for Mickey taking.

Eddie86
19-03-2010, 01:04
I'll have to remember that blind tasting one for next year - or for the beer festival. Glad to hear I've kind of hit the target anyway!