PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Generation Map Corrections

bcfczuluarmy
29-03-2014, 22:57
Are these Dave M's remit or do the photo and name change police have access to update these? I ask as I've noticed numerous pubs moved to inept locations that when you correct properly are 2nd Generation so fall into a somewhat seemingly abyss awaiting a review. Given modern online tools the confirmation of a correction of an inept correction should be a quick process yet I keep stumbling on ones that are still awaiting correction after I've corrected or when I correct from the middle of a lake to land get message telling me somebody with wisdom has corrected previously.

I am anal regarding maps as I grew up with one as a comfort blanket so get OCD when something isn't correct and I find it's correct home.

oldboots
30-03-2014, 08:28
Are these Dave M's remit or do the photo and name change police have access to update these? I ask as I've noticed numerous pubs moved to inept locations that when you correct properly are 2nd Generation so fall into a somewhat seemingly abyss awaiting a review. Given modern online tools the confirmation of a correction of an inept correction should be a quick process yet I keep stumbling on ones that are still awaiting correction after I've corrected or when I correct from the middle of a lake to land get message telling me somebody with wisdom has corrected previously.

I am anal regarding maps as I grew up with one as a comfort blanket so get OCD when something isn't correct and I find it's correct home.

One for the organ grinder not us monkeys :D

Farway
30-03-2014, 14:27
I know a few years bag there was a spell of random pub shuffling, but not second generation stuff, and I had to await Word from On High that my local knowledge trumped the computer

At that time there seemed to be a distance limit, so just up the road, or from opposite field / lake was fine but from next village was not