PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield

sheffield hatter
24-03-2014, 14:03
A date for your diaries: I'll be celebrating a significant milestone birthday on Monday, 14th July this year, and what better way to celebrate than a pub crawl around some of the top establishments in my adopted city? I'll be posting a route nearer the time, but this is just a heads up in case some of you would like to join me.

Cheers

aleandhearty
24-03-2014, 14:10
You don't look 60, Will! :D Would be very interested in that. Are you talking about the actual crawl being on the Monday?

sheffield hatter
24-03-2014, 14:14
Are you talking about the actual crawl being on the Monday?

Yes, that's right. A little unconventional, I know, and probably off-putting for a lot of people - though I hope not all. I can easily get Tuesday morning off work, though.:) I'll be timing the route carefully to avoid the Monday night quizzes in both the Fat Cat and the Kelham Island Tavern.

Bucking Fastard
24-03-2014, 14:19
Sounds very interesting Will.It's the day after the World Cup Final ,seems unlikely that there will be much to celebrate on that Sunday.

aleandhearty
24-03-2014, 14:22
A little unconventional, indeed! Shouldn't be a problem with that much notice.

Real Ale Ray
30-03-2014, 15:16
A date for your diaries: I'll be celebrating a significant milestone birthday on Monday, 14th July this year, and what better way to celebrate than a pub crawl around some of the top establishments in my adopted city? I'll be posting a route nearer the time, but this is just a heads up in case some of you would like to join me.

Cheers

You can add myself and Mrs Ale for that date Will, shouldn't be a problem. Look forward to it.

gillhalfpint
30-03-2014, 17:56
Would love to, but will be in Cornwall. Will raise a glass of something decent hopefully.

RogerB
02-04-2014, 10:48
Pencilled it in. After last night I might not be speaking to you though!

sheffield hatter
02-04-2014, 17:15
After last night I might not be speaking to you though!

It was good to meet up with you in Dartford. Especially enjoyed The Malt Shovel (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/15839/) - so much so that I went back for a celebratory pint after the game, on my way to the station. Hope you get enough wins to stay up, and sorry that last night's game wasn't one of them. Actually, that's not quite true - I'm glad we won! :evilgrin:

Hope you can make it to Sheffield.

sheffield hatter
09-06-2014, 14:20
Here's the route for my birthday pub crawl.

Bucking Fastard
11-06-2014, 10:24
Here's the route for my birthday pub crawl.

I'm all booked up for this crawl,it looks very well planned and an excellent choice of pubs.I arrive on the 11.47 and will depart on the 19.12 so whimping out:o on the latter stages of the crawl,if I was to try to hit all 13 pubs:nishelypished: I doubt that I would make it to my 60th.;)

:cheers:

sheffield hatter
11-06-2014, 17:33
I'm all booked up for this crawl,it looks very well planned and an excellent choice of pubs.I arrive on the 11.47 and will depart on the 19.12 so whimping out:o on the latter stages of the crawl,if I was to try to hit all 13 pubs:nishelypished: I doubt that I would make it to my 60th.;)

:cheers:

Pleased to hear you can make it. And the crawl is specifically designed so that people can join in late or leave early without fear of being called wimps, so you are absolved.

trainman
12-06-2014, 12:04
Sorely tempted, but Mon (& effectively Tues) may be beyond me in July.
Anyone travelling from London can still grab £7 e/w on megatrain, but would have to take the 19:29 south. Tough to tear oneself away from the area the tour will be at that time of evening!

sheffield hatter
10-07-2014, 17:10
Only four days until Bastille Day and the Big Six-0. Please join my pub crawl on Monday 14th July and help to ease the pain. If you can't make it, please visit my JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/60thbirthdaypubcrawl instead.

PS Thanks to Mr Fastard who has already given. :cheers:

Dave M
14-07-2014, 17:41
Sorry I wasn't able to join you all today, hope you all had a good day and you had a good birthday Will.

I've just seen on Twitter that there is a bomb scare pretty much right next to the pubs you are currently supposed to be in. Hope it doesn't cause you any issues!

sheffield hatter
15-07-2014, 10:31
Sorry I wasn't able to join you all today, hope you all had a good day and you had a good birthday Will.

I've just seen on Twitter that there is a bomb scare pretty much right next to the pubs you are currently supposed to be in. Hope it doesn't cause you any issues!

We had an excellent day, thanks. The police closed off quite a large area which included Shakespeares (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/43362/), so we had to stay a bit longer in the Kelham Island Tavern (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56068/), which was no great hardship.

It was great to have the company of Real Ale Ray and Fiona, and Bucking Fastard, who were all waiting for me in the first pub of the day. We added The Grapes (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/43189/) to the itinerary on the spur of the moment, because Ray and Fiona were interested in the JFK room there, which would have meant a total of 14 pubs. I'm afraid I was rather sozzled by the time we got to the 12th pub, and gave the last two a miss.

hondo
16-07-2014, 09:29
120% well done

Real Ale Ray
16-07-2014, 10:35
We had an excellent day, thanks. The police closed off quite a large area which included Shakespeares (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/43362/), so we had to stay a bit longer in the Kelham Island Tavern (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56068/), which was no great hardship.

It was great to have the company of Real Ale Ray and Fiona, and Bucking Fastard, who were all waiting for me in the first pub of the day. We added The Grapes (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/43189/) to the itinerary on the spur of the moment, because Ray and Fiona were interested in the JFK room there, which would have meant a total of 14 pubs. I'm afraid I was rather sozzled by the time we got to the 12th pub, and gave the last two a miss.

Had an excellent day Will and enjoyed your choice of refreshment shops, was also good to meet your pals, Kat being No.1 of course as she is great fun!

Bucking Fastard
16-07-2014, 16:01
An all round great day,starting with the weather plus a well organised crawl around some very interesting pubs with fine ale.Always good to drink with a decent bunch of imbibers just a shame I couldn't stay to complete the course.

Sheffield is worthy of a large scale PuG meet up some day but that's a topic for another thread:whistle:

sheffield hatter
18-07-2014, 12:46
Sheffield is worthy of a large scale PuG meet up some day but that's a topic for another thread:whistle:

...over two days, perhaps? Or is that being greedy?

ROBCamra
18-07-2014, 12:50
...over two days, perhaps? Or is that being greedy?

We're often in Sheffield for 2 days and STILL don't get round all the pubs we like in one visit. :eek::evilgrin:

gillhalfpint
18-07-2014, 16:42
We're often in Sheffield for 2 days and STILL don't get round all the pubs we like in one visit. :eek::evilgrin:

Ditto. Staying in a travelodge for 2 nights at the end of October for the beer fest and hopefully a wander round some of our favourites.