PDA

View Full Version : A little problem with Report A Review

Mobyduck
22-03-2014, 07:05
I know I have mentioned this in the past somewhere, but when a report has been dealt with I think the post should be deleted along with it. To use the most recent example here (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?17150-R-S-Hole) Which happens to be Rob Camras (this isn't a pop at you Rob or anyone else,just the current system, there are lots more examples).By the time I have seen this post it has obviously been dealt with ,the post remains,being a regular user of the site I understand what has happened here, to the casual or new user I think it could lead to a bad impression of the site and possibly reflect on the remaining true reviewers, in this case Aqualung and Rex Rattus. Maybe I am doing a disservice to casual and new users intelligence, and maybe I am being over sensitive on the matter, I just feel apart from the above concern's the remaining posts are dead space.Has anyone got any views on the matter.

gillhalfpint
22-03-2014, 07:10
I too have found it off putting to hit a thread about a review and gone to see what it was about only to find it is not there.

ROBCamra
22-03-2014, 09:05
I know I have mentioned this in the past somewhere, but when a report has been dealt with I think the post should be deleted along with it. To use the most recent example here (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?17150-R-S-Hole) Which happens to be Rob Camras (this isn't a pop at you Rob or anyone else,just the current system, there are lots more examples).By the time I have seen this post it has obviously been dealt with ,the post remains,being a regular user of the site I understand what has happened here, to the casual or new user I think it could lead to a bad impression of the site and possibly reflect on the remaining true reviewers, in this case Aqualung and Rex Rattus. Maybe I am doing a disservice to casual and new users intelligence, and maybe I am being over sensitive on the matter, I just feel apart from the above concern's the remaining posts are dead space.Has anyone got any views on the matter.

We all have the facility to edit our own posts, so I've amended mine to show it's been dealt with.

Is that a better way?

Mobyduck
22-03-2014, 09:48
We all have the facility to edit our own posts, so I've amended mine to show it's been dealt with.

Is that a better way?
Yes, thanks Rob, a good solution.