PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff Spoons challenge

Delboy20
25-01-2014, 20:01
Hi all,

As most of you know I am a fan of Spoons but compared to me my old man is a confirmed addict. He is past the 200 mark and shows no sign of stopping !

We are off to Cardiff soon and a quick look shows 9 Spoons in striking distance of the town centre. Now I know that Cardiff is a "drinking" place but 9 ... really ??

We are going to try and do them all but I have a few other pubs that I intend to visit so it could be a long day.

I remember doing 5 Spoons in a day in London a few years ago but surely 9 would be some kind of record ??

Cheers,

Del.

bcfczuluarmy
25-01-2014, 21:11
No my old man is a spoons addict think 13 in a day is his record. Had him down today on a crawl around Bristol from Brum, did the new one in Wells. If you need to do a revisit the first visit wasn't worth getting out of bed for.

london calling
26-01-2014, 23:04
I did 12 Wetherspoon pubs in one day around 2008/9 when the beer fests they had were new and exciting.That was the year/fest they did the Stones -ipa.What a beer. Never done a beer as good since but the Stones -double ipa on now is a bit sweet but its a hop monster. enjoy your day. cheers