PDA

View Full Version : Pub Maps in Street View

rpadam
23-01-2014, 21:22
Perhaps I've been missing something, but I have only just realised that you can look at the interactive pub maps using Street View. The green markers do appear, at about head height, and scaled by distance (so smaller the further way). However, it takes no account of any structures or vegetation blocking the line of sight and things can get very confusing if you end up inside another building. Yet another way to waste half-an-hour!

sheffield hatter
24-01-2014, 09:43
Perhaps I've been missing something, but I have only just realised that you can look at the interactive pub maps using Street View. The green markers do appear, at about head height, and scaled by distance (so smaller the further way). However, it takes no account of any structures or vegetation blocking the line of sight and things can get very confusing if you end up inside another building. Yet another way to waste half-an-hour!

This is a very useful facility when it comes to correcting map points.

bcfczuluarmy
24-01-2014, 17:50
This is a very useful facility when it comes to correcting map points.

Takes away the skill of locating the correct point to an extent but then again I've got OCD when it comes to maps as I prefer them to books...

Aqualung
24-01-2014, 21:18
Takes away the skill of locating the correct point to an extent but then again I've got OCD when it comes to maps as I prefer them to books...

I used Google Streets to correct the position of the E17 Warrant Officer. To my horror afterwards I realised that I had put it on the wrong side of the road so had to make a correction that required approval! The lesson to be learned here is double check any map point corrections that I make.