PDA

View Full Version : Busiest evenings of the week?

RRMatthews
26-10-2013, 09:55
Which two evenings of the week are the busiest, Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Saturday will generally be included, which evening, Friday or Sunday, is busier?

Aqualung
26-10-2013, 14:32
Which two evenings of the week are the busiest, Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday?

Saturday will generally be included, which evening, Friday or Sunday, is busier?

In my experience it's definitely Friday. It's a no-go night for me!! I've never had the impression that Sunday was ever classed as a busy night.

NickDavies
26-10-2013, 17:01
In my experience it's definitely Friday. It's a no-go night for me!! I've never had the impression that Sunday was ever classed as a busy night.

Sunday morning always used to be one of the busiest sessions of the week. Just about everybody turned out for an hour or two before going back at 2PM closing for lunch and a snooze in front of The Big Match, inevitably a dire goalless draw played out in driving sleet.

These days you can easily be on your own at 12:30 on a Sunday on a wet-led pub. Some don't even bother opening till mid-afternoon

london calling
26-10-2013, 18:45
As I tend to drink in central London around Holborn and the Borough market Thursday and Friday are the busiest. Sunday in any part of London is usually dead nowadays.

rpadam
26-10-2013, 21:14
In the part of London where I am currently working (Victoria), Thursday seems to be the busiest night of the week.

Wittenden
26-10-2013, 22:07
Not that I'm out on Sunday evenings, but many of the pubs round here are shut by mid evening on a Sunday.

Millay
04-11-2013, 16:58
Another City Boy here so Thursday and Friday. Really not worth fighting to the bar on one of these nights in the City

Pangolin
07-11-2013, 19:11
Fridays are definitely the busiest and I try to avoid them unless ensconced for the night. Saturdays are more variable - tends to be the 'circuit' pubs that get stupidly busy later on (and I avoid them anyway). Sundays seem to be much quieter than a few years ago.

Mobyduck
07-11-2013, 20:13
I'm just wondering, what's the point of this thread? A topic of conversation maybe , but looking at the poll its pretty obvious, what I am really getting at is what's in it for the poster, one post and last online 1 min after posting, unless he's viewing without logging in. Also how was this poll enabled, I didn't know you could do that. Not a major gripe ,maybe I'm being just a bit grumpy.:(

Aqualung
07-11-2013, 20:16
Fridays are definitely the busiest and I try to avoid them unless ensconced for the night. Saturdays are more variable - tends to be the 'circuit' pubs that get stupidly busy later on (and I avoid them anyway). Sundays seem to be much quieter than a few years ago.

Sundays used to be quite mad when the (official) hours were 12:00-14:00 and 19:00-22:30. It's completely different now as if a pub does decent Sunday Dinners it will get afternoon trade and the footbore has added another dimension for pubs with screens. Generally there's no way Sunday is a busy night in my experience.

london calling
07-11-2013, 22:47
I'm just wondering, what's the point of this thread? A topic of conversation maybe , but looking at the poll its pretty obvious, what I am really getting at is what's in it for the poster, one post and last online 1 min after posting, unless he's viewing without logging in. Also how was this poll enabled, I didn't know you could do that. Not a major gripe ,maybe I'm being just a bit grumpy.:(

Agree Moby. Pointless post.

Al 10000
09-11-2013, 16:54

How do you know when the last time a poster has been on line,i hav'nt the faintest idea how to find this out.

Mobyduck
09-11-2013, 18:20
How do you know when the last time a poster has been on line,i hav'nt the faintest idea how to find this out.
Click on his or hers blue highlighted name and view his or hers profile, it tells you when that person was last on-line.In this case it was one minute after the post. they can of course view unlogged in in which case this is not recorded.