PDA

View Full Version : Chipstead Area

Maldenman
22-09-2013, 11:52
I'm looking at doing a circular walk from Kingswood Station taking in The Kingswood Arms, Well House Inn and The White Hart. Either that or carrying on from the WH to Chipstead station.

There are a few public footpaths I could use but not all along the route, would anybody know if the B2032 Outwood Lane has a pavement or verge and whether it would be safe to walk along?

rpadam
22-09-2013, 12:42
I'm looking at doing a circular walk from Kingswood Station taking in The Kingswood Arms, Well House Inn and The White Hart. Either that or carrying on from the WH to Chipstead station.

There are a few public footpaths I could use but not all along the route, would anybody know if the B2032 Outwood Lane has a pavement or verge and whether it would be safe to walk along?
I'm not sure, but Google StreetView is invaluable for answering this kind of question.

Maldenman
22-09-2013, 13:28
I'm not sure, but Google StreetView is invaluable for answering this kind of question.

Of course it is and it does have a pavement. If I had a brain I might be dangerous, I was zooming in and peering at the satellite map on here :muppet:

NickDavies
23-09-2013, 12:29

A longish stretch doesn't, and is narrow, bendy and busy, especially the stretch going up towards the golf club going west - I wouldn't walk back to Kingswood from the White Hart that way but take a more northerly route via Banstead Woods, or get train back from Chipstead as you say, or carry on towards Coulsdon for a better choice of trains and have one or two in the Pembroke while you wait.

Neither the Hungry Horse nor the Ramblers Rest are worth wasting time and energy on.

Maldenman
24-09-2013, 20:39
Thanks for that Nick, I had you in mind with my query as the local expert. I'll most likely return from Chipstead unless timings don't work but the walk back through Banstead Woods looks easy unless it is seriously muddy; you've already dissuaded me from The Hungry Horse and Ramblers with your honest reviews!