PDA

View Full Version : unbelievable

Alesonly
03-09-2013, 18:50
Local wetherspoons has got the christmas menus and banners up already.

oldboots
03-09-2013, 19:02

Well it is September and (all together now) winter draws on,

I've already got me coat.:o

ROBCamra
03-09-2013, 19:10

The Bessemer in Sheffield had a small Xmas tree up last week advertising it.

Called in the local card shop for a birthday card and the first 2 sections were full of Xmas cards. :moremad:

NickDavies
03-09-2013, 19:21

Little table decked with holly and leaflets advertising office parties in our local Branwell branch. The Hungry Horse up the road was plugging Xmas in early July a couple of years ago but I think even they have figured out that that is too silly.

Mobyduck
03-09-2013, 19:37
This is the reason Christmas isn't special, to me anyway.

bcfczuluarmy
03-09-2013, 19:43
Seen quite a few pubs since/pre the 1st getting out the banners/posters for Christmas. It's close enough for me to be thinking about booking a Christmas meal that I've never previously ever booked as I've been sold on the advertising. My mothers Christmas meal is all I ever entertain and that's after going the pub Christmas morning (best thing about the day TBH)

Aqualung
03-09-2013, 19:58
Seen quite a few pubs since/pre the 1st getting out the banners/posters for Christmas. It's close enough for me to be thinking about booking a Christmas meal that I've never previously ever booked as I've been sold on the advertising. My mothers Christmas meal is all I ever entertain and that's after going the pub Christmas morning (best thing about the day TBH)

The best thing about Xmas and New Year is the 6th of January when the whole tedious, predictable and pointless charade ends. The Spoons Xmas guest list is by far the most boring one of the year. It would be nice to think that the Locale brewers might come up with something, but I'm not holding my breath. Spoons should just make Old Tom a permanent guest for the period, preferably at £1.99 a pint.

Strongers
03-09-2013, 22:17
This is the reason Christmas isn't special, to me anyway.

The Christmas period used to be my favourite time of the year until my kids came along and ruined it.:evilgrin:

NickDavies
04-09-2013, 08:39
The Christmas period used to be my favourite time of the year until my kids came along and ruined it.:evilgrin:

"We only do it for the kids"... and fifty years on we are still the kids.