PDA

View Full Version : closed pub

Manky Badger
04-03-2010, 18:44
Daft question - I'm sure it's been asked before.....

How does one report a pub as being closed?

Conrad
04-03-2010, 18:48
Best ways are through the That Doesn't Go There forum (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?6-That-Doesn-t-Go-There%21) or by clicking on feedback from the site.

I am hoping that in the near future there will be a button on the pubs page, needs a little testing to make sure it works before we release it on the main site though.

Manky Badger
04-03-2010, 19:06
Best ways are through the That Doesn't Go There forum (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?6-That-Doesn-t-Go-There%21) or by clicking on feedback from the site.

I am hoping that in the near future there will be a button on the pubs page, needs a little testing to make sure it works before we release it on the main site though.

Cheers :)

ETA
05-03-2010, 12:52

It's not so much the testing - if you make it that easy how would you make sure it wasn't being mis-used?

Conrad
05-03-2010, 13:17
As currently designed it is a button on the page. If you aren't logged in it suggests you register but wont let you do anything.

If you are logged in it allows you to suggest the pub should be closed, and will ask you to hopefully add some extra information on the closure. This then appears as a notification at the top of the screen that the pub is requested closed, the same notification should also show unapproved images and web links in another step towards increasing our transparency (and hopefully offering a hint to those who don't realise their pictures need approving).

The admins already receive an hourly report showing us what pictures are awaiting approval, it is similar to the emails you receive to show you your pictures are approved, this report will now also incorporate change requests to the pub details. We then approve or reject (with reason) the request to close the pub.

All of this gets audited in the pubs activity page.

So in some respects the added visibility makes it a little more tempting, but it is still fully audited and blame can be placed. Another part of this new system (although if I am honest not yet coded) is that it will allow for reversions, so if we notice someone is just vandalising the site we can revert all their suggested changes.

It is quite complicated under the hood hence the need for a little testing. Hopefully going forward we can add in name and address changes to the same system. Also it has the benefit of trying to gather more information on closures which should improve the site.

ETA
05-03-2010, 13:36
Sounds good, and the information on closures may well be of interest at some point - for instance I sometimes write on a history forum where people aften ask about pubs which closed during the last x years.