PDA

View Full Version : Wath and area pub crawl 7/9/2013

Al 10000
31-08-2013, 17:42
Ive booked return tickets from Nottingham to Swinton for only £9.00,for a pub crawl next Saturday.

This crawl will more than likely start in the Horseshoe (Spoons) in Wombwell,i will then pub crawl my way back to Swinton train station,i have rough list of 27 pubs to do,there will no doubt be some closed,so i hope to get at least 22 pubs done.

I will be using buses at some points,using a Stage Coach Dearn Valley Mega Rider.

I dont expect anyone to join me for all of this crawl,but if any regular members would like to join me for a part of this crawl,i would be happy to meet up.

I do any pub that i see open and never walk out of one if posssible without having a drink,so some fizz houses may be done on this crawl.

Cheers Alan

sheffield hatter
31-08-2013, 21:30
Unfortunately I'll be working next Saturday. Only 27 pubs - good grief!

This one (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34099/) is probably not on your list, but perhaps you could take a quick look to see if it's going to reopen or is converted to housing - it's just round the corner from the 'Spoons in Wath.

When I was taking a photo of the pub sign at The Woodman Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34008/) the landlord came out to check if I was doing some sort of burglary reconnaissance - close up shot of the wiring on the alarm box, or something - so be sure to say hello for me when you're there.

Enjoy!

Mobyduck
01-09-2013, 21:21
Ive booked return tickets from Nottingham to Swinton for only £9.00,for a pub crawl next Saturday.

This crawl will more than likely start in the Horseshoe (Spoons) in Wombwell,i will then pub crawl my way back to Swinton train station,i have rough list of 27 pubs to do,there will no doubt be some closed,so i hope to get at least 22 pubs done.

I will be using buses at some points,using a Stage Coach Dearn Valley Mega Rider.

I dont expect anyone to join me for all of this crawl,but if any regular members would like to join me for a part of this crawl,i would be happy to meet up.

I do any pub that i see open and never walk out of one if posssible without having a drink,so some fizz houses may be done on this crawl.

Cheers Alan
Sorry I will be in Spain enjoying the excellent Lager they have over there :whistle: Can you make the the Leeds trip in November? I'm not 100% sure myself yet but hope to, you will certainly get to meet a few of us then.

Al 10000
02-09-2013, 17:28
Sorry I will be in Spain enjoying the excellent Lager they have over there :whistle: Can you make the the Leeds trip in November? I'm not 100% sure myself yet but hope to, you will certainly get to meet a few of us then.

I would like to go to Leeds but i have been in most pubs on that list,there are 8 pubs i have not been in mostly the newer bars,so the cost to get there about £23 train fare and £5 bus fare for 8 pubs is not worth it for me,if spending that amount of money i would like to do at least 20 pubs that i have never been in before.

Mobyduck
02-09-2013, 18:32
I would like to go to Leeds but i have been in most pubs on that list,there are 8 pubs i have not been in mostly the newer bars,so the cost to get there about £23 train fare and £5 bus fare for 8 pubs is not worth it for me,if spending that amount of money i would like to do at least 20 pubs that i have never been in before.
That's fair enough.

Strongers
03-09-2013, 00:28

You may not tick the pubs off, but you'd get to put some names to faces and have a great day on the sauce.

sheffield hatter
15-09-2013, 19:16
Just been reading the reviews from your Wath crawl, Al. Seems like you had a good day with quite a few decent pubs. Pity about all the John Smiths Smooth Crap, though.

Al 10000
16-09-2013, 16:26
Just been reading the reviews from your Wath crawl, Al. Seems like you had a good day with quite a few decent pubs. Pity about all the John Smiths Smooth Crap, though.

Yes it was a great day out 22 new pubs done 11 had real ales on,i dont mind getting a 50/50 split,if it goes over the halfway mark in favour of keg houses i am a little dissapointed.

The New Inn in Wath looks the same,like a building site,i did go in the Woodman in Swinton,the pub was fairly busy and there were a couple of real ales on the bar,but nobody to serve them,i waited for a couple of minutes but left as time was running short and there were two other pubs nearby.

This area of South Yorkshire seems very good for pubs,i will go to Wombwell again,lots more pubs to do there,i was also told that Hoyland is good for a pub crawl.

sheffield hatter
16-09-2013, 21:56
This area of South Yorkshire seems very good for pubs,i will go to Wombwell again,lots more pubs to do there,i was also told that Hoyland is good for a pub crawl.

If you let me know about three weeks in advance so that I can get the day off work, I'll see if I can join you for Hoyland or Wombwell.