PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Crawl 17/8/2013

Al 10000
11-08-2013, 18:56
Ive booked tickets to Birmingham for a good crawl next Saturday.

This will be my first proper crawl of Birmingham since 1987,i have only done 56 pubs in Birmingham and none phtographed,so it will be a busy day drinking and trying to get some photo's of pubs i have done in the past.

If regular members want to join this hectic crawl i will be arriving at New Street station just after 8.30,then take a few photo's in the Highgate area and hope to get in the Dragon Spoons around 9.00 for an early morning half pint.

Back into town and a few more photo's to take then a drink in the Briar Rose Spoons,i wont bother with the famous Wellington as i did it when it was a Courage tied house back in 1987.

The main crawl will be in the Jewellery quarter,i want to do all proper pubs in this area then pick up some estate type pubs on the edge of this area,the pub crawl will be done roughly clockwise,starting at the Queens Arms then Rose Villa and ending at the Hen and Chickens,with probably one more beer near New Street station.

If any regular members want to meet up for part or all of this crawl,i will be happy to see you.

Cheers Alan

gillhalfpint
11-08-2013, 19:34
Sorry, we will be in Nottinghamshire and will have a crawl or two round Nottingham. Enjoy your day.

Soup Dragon
12-08-2013, 09:24
Hi Al,

I am also away the 16/17th - have a good time - I will be interested to read the reviews

sheffield hatter
12-08-2013, 22:24
A bit short notice for me, Al. My employer already has plans for me that day! Hope you have a grand day out.

Al 10000
13-08-2013, 15:24
Well it is a shame that i have no takers to join all or part of my Birmingham crawl,i had to book at short notice because i had to wait for payday.

The highlighs of this crawl for me will be visiting the White House for a drink of Holdens bitter or mild and doing some estate pubs like this one / i just hope that it is open,whttp://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56136/what more could you ask for a dire looking pub in a shopping precinct with some large blocks of flats in the background, Bliss.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I will keep trying to get a meet up with some regulars,as i have not yet met any members on this forum yet.

Cheers Alan

Al 10000
13-08-2013, 15:30
I seem to have forgot how to add a pubs link to a post.

It was meant to be the Twin Towers pub in ladywood,i will have another try now Twin Towers (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56136/)

Strongers
13-08-2013, 16:15
Sorry Al I have family coming down to Eastbourne to watch Airbourne on Saturday.

Hope you have a fruitful day.:cheers:

Quinno
13-08-2013, 18:15
ah, too short notice for me as I already have another crawl planned. Hope you have a great day though. Al :) :cheers:

Delboy20
13-08-2013, 20:36
If the Villa were at home I would have been up town at 9 and I would have gladly met for a crawl.

As it is we are at Arsenal so I will be in London at 9 far a crawl !!

Del.

Mobyduck
13-08-2013, 21:02
Well it is a shame that i have no takers to join all or part of my Birmingham crawl,i had to book at short notice because i had to wait for payday.

The highlighs of this crawl for me will be visiting the White House for a drink of Holdens bitter or mild and doing some estate pubs like this one / i just hope that it is open,whttp://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56136/what more could you ask for a dire looking pub in a shopping precinct with some large blocks of flats in the background, Bliss.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I will keep trying to get a meet up with some regulars,as i have not yet met any members on this forum yet.

Cheers Alan
I'm sure we can meet at some point Al, I'm not away on this date but saving for a Lager extravaganza :sick: in spain early Sept, Hope you have a good day anyway.

trainman
13-08-2013, 22:10
Hmm, omitting the Wellington because you've been there (as a courage house) in '87(!), and yet including 2 spoons in the vicinity, doesn't seem an appealing basis for a crawl tbh, but, like the others, I hope you have a good day...

Al 10000
15-08-2013, 16:41
Hmm, omitting the Wellington because you've been there (as a courage house) in '87(!), and yet including 2 spoons in the vicinity, doesn't seem an appealing basis for a crawl tbh, but, like the others, I hope you have a good day...

When visiting a city that i have not done many pubs in,i will never do a pub that i have been in before,this is the reason the Wellington is ommited.

I will be doing the Spoons pubs before normal pubs opening times,so these pubs will be a bonus and hopefully help me get to a bigger total on the day

I do look into my pub crawls to make sure i have a good mix of pubs,a few newish ones,some grand old pubs and some estate pubs.

I am happy doing any new pubs,this is what i have done on a regular basis since 1982.

Delboy20
15-08-2013, 21:04
I agree with you Al.

I would rather miss out a pub I have been in before if there is another one I havent visited.

Spoons are very handy due to them opening early. If I am planning a crawl the Spoons is first on the list. Guaranteed to be open early, a choice of beers, ( usually )clean toilets, normally near bus / train station, cheap, handy for brekkie .... Whats not to like ?????

Del.

Al 10000
18-08-2013, 14:59
Well the Birmingham crawl went well.
I did 22 new pubs but did find some pubs closed down,of the 22 i only went in 5 fizz houses,plus one pub that was completly different,i will probably start a new thread about this pub but will not name it at the moment.

Andy Ven
12-02-2014, 21:32
I've been out of the loop for a while but my office is moving back into the city centre next month so give me a shout when you're next in Brum.