PDA

View Full Version : Manchester

Strongers
06-08-2013, 17:05
Got a few hours planned in Manchester on Thursday. Getting the tram from Bury. Any must visit recommendations would be very useful.

ROBCamra
06-08-2013, 17:14
Got a few hours planned in Manchester on Thursday. Getting the tram from Bury. Any must visit recommendations would be very useful.

It all depends on which bit of Manchester you're planning to visit. The tram pulls into Victoria which is close to the Northern Quarter (get off at Shude Hill, one stop after Victoria).

You're then close to the Marble Arch, The Angel, Fringe, Smithfield, Crown & Kettle, Common, Pie & Ale, Port Street Beer House.

There are also some jokers in there such as Odd, Terrace, 57 Thomas Street, Soup Kitchen as well.

All within a 10 minute walk. :cheers:

Strongers
06-08-2013, 17:21
I'll be off the leash so I can visit anywhere. 12 pubs within a ten minute radius sounds good to me. Cheers

Quinno
06-08-2013, 18:50
Assuming Chloe is still at the Marble Arch, it's worth a visit for her unique brand of hospitality/bar banter alone.

Strongers
08-08-2013, 19:24
Cheers guys... having a great day. In the pie and ale waiting for an... erm... pie at the moment. Excellent pubs. Had a couple of extra cheeky visits and only found one awful pub so far.. the Burton.

Quinno
08-08-2013, 20:08
Cheers guys... having a great day. In the pie and ale waiting for an... erm... pie at the moment. Excellent pubs. Had a couple of extra cheeky visits and only found one awful pub so far.. the Buxton.

It's pie o' clock!