PDA

View Full Version : Logging In

gillhalfpint
04-08-2013, 07:32
I always keep Pubs Galore forums on one of my tabs, and every so often I go on and click "what's new" to see what posts have come in since my last visit. I never have to log in as it is in my favourites and I bring it to my tab from there, but these last few days even though on my tab and getting visited regularly, every time I click "what's new" I have to log in again.

Any way of curing this?

sheffield hatter
04-08-2013, 07:58
... these last few days even though on my tab and getting visited regularly, every time I click "what's new" I have to log in again.

I've been getting the same thing for about a month now, after more than two years of not having to log in.

gillhalfpint
04-08-2013, 08:33
Not just me then. I had to log in again to get your reply!!

Soup Dragon
04-08-2013, 10:04
This happened to me once - try deleting all your cookies, that worked for me - i think ROBCamra advised it

gillhalfpint
04-08-2013, 10:38
I typed a reply, got refused and had to log in again, and lost everything I had typed. Going to give up soon.

Where to I find this cookie button so I can delete them?

Going nuts here.

ROBCamra
04-08-2013, 11:01
I typed a reply, got refused and had to log in again, and lost everything I had typed. Going to give up soon.

Where to I find this cookie button so I can delete them?

Going nuts here.

Control Panel, Internet Options, Delete cookies.

Quinno
04-08-2013, 11:21
What browser are you using Gill?

Al 10000
04-08-2013, 12:12
Control Panel, Internet Options, Delete cookies.

I would like to know how to delete cookies,but i dont know where or what a control panel is or where the internet options button is :muppet::confused:

gillhalfpint
04-08-2013, 12:20
Soupy gave me the instructions and cookies deleted - all 209 of them!!! I have done my reviews, uploaded a photo and got onto forums without signing in so all appears to be ok. On internet explorer as far as I know. Thanks for getting me out of the mess. I have noted the instructions in case it happens again.

Quinno
04-08-2013, 13:44
On internet explorer as far as I know.

My default reply would be to tell you to download Firefox (or Chrome) and use them instead.

Quinno
04-08-2013, 13:47
I would like to know how to delete cookies,but i dont know where or what a control panel is or where the internet options button is :muppet::confused:

You need a video https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=deleting+cookies+in+internet+explorer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr#q=deleting+cookies+in+internet+explorer&client=firefox-a&hs=boK&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ei=Mlv-UeW1L427PdfJgfgE&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50165853%2Cd.ZWU%2Cpv.xjs.s.en_US.seW1cfrvS Kg.O&fp=74455add4afc7564&biw=1440&bih=728

gillhalfpint
04-08-2013, 13:51
I have deleted all my cookies, but have just had to log in again. Think I have chrome somewhere on here. Will have a look around. Did an update for it, so they must be somewhere.

Al 10000
04-08-2013, 14:25
You need a video https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=deleting+cookies+in+internet+explorer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr#q=deleting+cookies+in+internet+explorer&client=firefox-a&hs=boK&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ei=Mlv-UeW1L427PdfJgfgE&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50165853%2Cd.ZWU%2Cpv.xjs.s.en_US.seW1cfrvS Kg.O&fp=74455add4afc7564&biw=1440&bih=728

Thanks for the advise Quinno,but this has confused me even more,nothing on my laptop matches what i saw on the videos.

I really am useless with computors and dont think i will ever be able to delete cookies or any other things that need to be deleted.

gillhalfpint
04-08-2013, 14:46
Well I have managed to find chrome and am using it now. No toolbars or favourites, but I have entered my usual tab items into bookmarks and so far so good. I have shut everything down, then gone back into chrome again and re-entered onto tabs from bookmarks without signing into anything for a second time. I keep having to enlarge type as it doesn't remember the magnification of anything but I can live with that. Will give it a few days to learn my way round.

Maldenman
04-08-2013, 14:54
I have mine set up to delete my history each time I switch off, it saves things getting clogged up and slow, you need to have all your regular sites listed in favourites though.

Al, you can find the delete buttons in Tools via Internet Options, click on the little cog wheel symbol on your toolbar.

Al 10000
04-08-2013, 15:07
I have mine set up to delete my history each time I switch off, it saves things getting clogged up and slow, you need to have all your regular sites listed in favourites though.

Al, you can find the delete buttons in Tools via Internet Options, click on the little cog wheel symbol on your toolbar.

I can find tools but not internet options,there is a thing called options but this does not lead to anything saying delete,i also could not find a cog wheel symbol.

To be honest i am not sure what a tool bar is and definatly dont know about bookmarks or the likes.

Farway
04-08-2013, 15:59
I have been having trouble logging in for a couple of years now [Firefox], never remembers my password, in the end I gave up and ceased posting reviews & pictures

Had one last PM to Dave a week or so back, he has fixed it, sort of, my Firefox still does not leave me logged in, but soon sorted, not ideal, but at least I can now get back to reviewing & adding pics

I did try Opera, but that has gone up a few versions and is just a mess to me now, will try Chrome sometime

Mobyduck
04-08-2013, 16:16
I have been having trouble logging in for a couple of years now [Firefox], never remembers my password, in the end I gave up and ceased posting reviews & pictures

Had one last PM to Dave a week or so back, he has fixed it, sort of, my Firefox still does not leave me logged in, but soon sorted, not ideal, but at least I can now get back to reviewing & adding pics

I did try Opera, but that has gone up a few versions and is just a mess to me now, will try Chrome sometime
Never had a problem with Google Chrome.

gillhalfpint
04-08-2013, 16:32
Chrome was really messing me about with my Norton Security so I have gone back onto Internet Explorer as I am used to it. I have to log in every time I click on the tab to read the posts on here, but like Farway, I feel as though the logging in all the time is something I will have to put up with. Got worried over messing with Norton as they had me changing passwords and trying to find other security numbers to get their identity safe put on chrome, then said the package I paid loads for in April was not valid, so I came out of chrome altogether and feel relief that everything is still set up on my old comfy Internet Explorer.

Farway
06-08-2013, 14:46
I think I may have cracked it, now using Opera 15, which seems to remember my login, so fat anyway

gillhalfpint
06-08-2013, 14:56
Bit scared to say this, but I have not logged in once today, and have been checking and reading posts all day!!!