PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal ??

Delboy20
30-07-2013, 09:12
Hi all,

Football is almost back !!!

Off to Arsenal for the first match of the season and I know there are a few Cock-er-neys on the site !!

Going by train so I should have some time before / after the match. I was looking at maybe Islington before the match but as there are about a million pubs I will have to miss loads out. Which ones are must visit pubs ??

I am not set on Islington so if anyone has any suggestions ???

Cheers,

Del.

Mobyduck
30-07-2013, 20:37
Hi all,

Football is almost back !!!

Off to Arsenal for the first match of the season and I know there are a few Cock-er-neys on the site !!

Going by train so I should have some time before / after the match. I was looking at maybe Islington before the match but as there are about a million pubs I will have to miss loads out. Which ones are must visit pubs ??

I am not set on Islington so if anyone has any suggestions ???

Cheers,

Del.
Putting my ale bias aside I have always found the Charles Lamb (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23654/) a very good pub,I cant vouch for the lager though,about 23 mins by bus from the Emirates according to google maps directions.
p.s I hope you stuff em.

london calling
30-07-2013, 21:04
Islington is a good area for pubs.if you are arriving by train check out the Euston Tap or the Parcel Yard at Kings Cross station.Here are the ones I usually check out.
craft beer co
duke of Essex
island queen
north pole
hops and glory
taproom
lamb (holloway rd)