PDA

View Full Version : Beer of the Week (w/e 7 Mar 2010)

Conrad
28-02-2010, 19:39
Hopefully I will actually have a beer this week.

Oggwyn Trench: Kelham Island Captain IPA (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9013#post9013)
runningdog: Bath Dark Hare (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9144#post9144)
oldboots: Phoenix Massacre (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9150#post9150)
Millay: Lodden Brewery Hoppit (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9172#post9172)
Wittenden: Elgoods Cambridge Bitter (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9180#post9180)
aleandhearty: Great Heck's 'Dave' (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9186#post9186)
RogerB: Salopian Prohibition (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9191#post9191)
trainman: Bishops Farewell / Darkstar Golden Gate (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9205#post9205)
Hopwas: E.S.B (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9226#post9226)
pubsignman: Brains Dark (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9231#post9231)
ROBCamra: Golden Monkey (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9242#post9242)
Dave M: Wychwood Circlemaster (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9536#post9536)

ETA
01-03-2010, 10:43
I'll start the ball rolling...

As I've been in Kent a few times recently, I've been drinking quite a bit of Shepherd and Neame Late Red over the last few days, a beer I hadn't seen before. It was their Autumn seasonal beer, I am led to believe, but has now been marketed as a regular brew. At its best it has had a rounded golden flavour, not as hoppy as I would normally like but very pleasant and a great addition to their regular line-up. ( I heard a rumour that it might replace Spitfire, but don't know how true that is). So that's my nomination. Anyone know more about the rumours?

RogerB
01-03-2010, 11:02
Late Red has always been my favourite Sheps beer but I have never known it to still be available this far beyond its regular Autumn appearances. The web site lists it under regular beers as opposed to seasonal beers although it is still badged as an "Autumn Hop Ale". At 4.5% it is the same strength as Spitfire was before it was reduced to 4.2% last year so in a way it is a replacement. Spitfire has become Sheps best known ale so I doubt it is under any threat but I could see the reduced strength Spitfire easing out the similar strength but more mundane Kents Best.

ETA
01-03-2010, 14:29
Thanks Roger. It's still available in most of the Sheps pubs around Romney Marsh, much to my pleasing.

I know what you mean about Kent's Best - strangely, it isn't. The pint I had in the Crown and Cushion (admittedly not in Kent, though) was OK but not brilliant. I also think what you say abotu spitfire makes sense - why lose a well known name when you could just drop the lesser known, weaker (in taste terms rather than ABV) beer?

HTM69
01-03-2010, 17:07
So Late Red has become a 'regular'? - interesting. I look forward to hopefully supping it more frequently then, as it is a favourite of mine. I wonder what the brewery will come up with as their autumnal replacement? It's just a pity that my local Sheps pubs only seem to stock Spitfire or Masterbrew.

As far as Kent's Best is concerned: its a distinctly average brew, in my opinion - acceptable, yet slightly flavourless.

RogerB
01-03-2010, 18:01
I wonder what the brewery will come up with as their autumnal replacement?

There's a seasonal called Golden Harvest that I have never comes across - seems like the obvious choice.

rpadam
01-03-2010, 20:35
So Late Red has become a 'regular'? - interesting. I look forward to hopefully supping it more frequently then, as it is a favourite of mine. I wonder what the brewery will come up with as their autumnal replacement? It's just a pity that my local Sheps pubs only seem to stock Spitfire or Masterbrew.

As far as Kent's Best is concerned: its a distinctly average brew, in my opinion - acceptable, yet slightly flavourless.
I could never see the point in Kents Best, which appeared to be designed to fill a gap in the market which didn't actually exist!

However, I agree that Late Red is a good one and it certainly seems to have remained in circulation all through this winter.

I can't see Sheps getting rid of Spitfire as they have invested so much in the brand in recent years and must be their best-known beer outside of their own pubs.

Perhaps they'll introduce an extra-hoppy ale as their autumnal replacement?

ROBCamra
02-03-2010, 10:04
I know what you mean about Kent's Best. The pint I had in the Crown and Cushion (admittedly not in Kent, though) was OK but not brilliant.

I've never had a good pint of Kent's Best and that includes trying one at the Cask & Glass one of the best Sheps pubs around.

Personally I think it's just a crap beer. :mad:

hopwas
02-03-2010, 14:10
Afternoon everyone!

I had Old Specky which all of you will know this famous brand, yesterday in Tweeddale Arms which is rather saiftying pint..

But at the moment BOTW goes to Shardlow's Fools Twist..4.8%.. (every 10p goes to charity :cheers:).. Bit like drinking lemon-grass (Thai vegetable) and very hoppy.

Silk Kite has gone down in recent weeks, still selling poor Sporran's Winter Ale (porter) :moremad:

Hopefully our other JDW, The Bole Bridge will supply better ales as I will be going there tonight before Tamworth's match vs Gateshead. :pray::pray::pray:

HTM69
02-03-2010, 15:57
I could never see the point in Kents Best, which appeared to be designed to fill a gap in the market which didn't actually exist!

Perhaps they'll introduce an extra-hoppy ale as their autumnal replacement?

A bit like Canterbury Jack, then. What happend to that beer anyway? I haven't spotted it of late.

Spring is upon us soon, so it'll be the turn of Early Bird in some of the better Sheps pub. I'm too familiar with it, so am looking forward to giving it another try.

RogerB
02-03-2010, 16:11
A bit like Canterbury Jack, then. What happend to that beer anyway? I haven't spotted it of late.

The Robin Hood & Little John in Bexleyheath had it a couple of weeks ago.

HTM69
02-03-2010, 17:00
The Robin Hood & Little John in Bexleyheath had it a couple of weeks ago.

Oh, so it's still around, then. The only pub I ever tried it in was the Royal Oak, Dartford. A very watery beer, quite reminiscent of Chiswick, imo.

hopwas
03-03-2010, 11:26
Right.. visit to The Bole Bridge before football match was a big disappointment! :moremad:

All Guest Ales (apart from Shardlow's Fool Twist) was either its clip turned around or not available :moremad::moremad:

So I had to settle for Ruddles Country. I am losing patience with JDW.. :moremad:

trainman
03-03-2010, 12:12
I am losing patience with JDW..

Well, if that's not cause for some personal intervention by Mr Martin, I don't know what is!

hopwas
03-03-2010, 14:50
Well, if that's not cause for some personal intervention by Mr Martin, I don't know what is!

:D

If you thought that yesterday night at The Bold Bridge is worse then you should see what I saw in other JDW, Silk Kite today..

Lone staff at the bar+20 people waiting by the bar= Hoppy is really P^$%£d off :moremad::moremad::moremad:

I just walked out and headed to White Lion 200 yards away..

trainman
04-03-2010, 11:40
It's early days, & I'll be trying a few in Reading on Saturday, but they'll have to be good to beat last night's Darkstar Golden Gate at the Traf. Bizarrely badged as 'Autumnal Ale' (maybe the colour?), but seemingly their Feb-Apr seasonal - it was a very drinkable fruity, hoppy, deep golden beer.

RogerB
04-03-2010, 12:00
I had a strange one yesterday. Was in the Adam & Eve in Westminster waiting for 'er to arrive before going to Wemberleeee. Spotted something called Suffolk Swift among the usual suspects so immediately requested it without thinking. As it was being poured I noticed it was only 3% so was expected some kind of diluted GK IPA after being passed through a taste extractor but it was surprisingly decent with far more body and flavour than I was expecting. It won't be my BotW but still a pleasant surprise although I can't find any info on it. Luckily it was only £2.50 a pint as well.

hopwas
04-03-2010, 12:06
Luckily it was only £2.50 a pint as well.

Well it is in Westminster.. £2.50 for 3% in my area would be considered as incredibly expensive.

RogerB
04-03-2010, 12:48
Well it is in Westminster.. £2.50 for 3% in my area would be considered as incredibly expensive.

In Westminster, anything under £3.20 is a bargain. I paid £3.55 for my first taste of Bengal Lancer last night - that also won't be my BotW.

ROBCamra
04-03-2010, 13:35
Spotted something called Suffolk Swift.

That reminds me of a couple of beers that you have to be careful when ordering

Suffolk "N" Strong by Bartrams &
Suffolk "N" Good by Tindall.

Phoenix Brewery did a seaonal this year called Valentines Kiss.

Try ordering that when you've got a giant called Carl working behind the bar.

Can I have a Valentines Kiss please Carl ? Whack! :p

RogerB
04-03-2010, 13:50
I was at AFC Hornchurch a few years ago where the bar just had usual keg stuff. They did have a couple of bottled beers behind the bar but I couldn't quite see what they were or what size the bottles were (I didn't want to get palmed off with some £3 330ml bottle of lager). She told me they had Spitfire and Cornish Knocker but didn't know how big the bottles were and did I want to look at the bottles for myself. In the best Carry On traditions I told her to forget the Spitfire but show me her Knockers! Luckily she thought it was funny.

ROBCamra
04-03-2010, 14:05
Well having voted for Blue Monkey 99 Red Baboons last week, this week got off to a good start with more monkeys.

The Baum had Brass Monkey Silverback on the bar which was OK but when that went, on came Golden Monkey from the same brewery which was excellent.

I also had a pint of Copper Dragon Freddie Truman which was also pretty good.

So Golden Monkey so far for me, who knows it might even win as we've no beer festivals etc planned for this weekend! :(

runningdog
04-03-2010, 20:31
This week I'm like a pig in muck, Sneck Lifter, Ein Stein, Cottages' Swordfish, Bath Dark Hare and a couple of top-notch pints of Directors. By 'eck, this is gonna be hard, I'm supposed to be trying out the Milk Brewery stuff tomorrow. Oh Lucky Jim..........:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Oggwyn Trench
05-03-2010, 22:25
Had a quite week , Three Tuns XXX , Bazens Ides , Pictish Nugget , Salamander Puppet Master and this weeks winner Kelham Island Captain IPA , dangoursly drinkable at 6%:notworthy:

Conrad
05-03-2010, 23:17
Had a quite week , Three Tuns XXX , Bazens Ides , Pictish Nugget , Salamander Puppet Master and this weeks winner Kelham Island Captain IPA , dangoursly drinkable at 6%:notworthy:
Still 2 more days Oggwyn, should I take that as your official standing?

Oggwyn Trench
06-03-2010, 12:45
Still 2 more days Oggwyn, should I take that as your official standing?

Yes , no more pub visits this week , taking my Mom for a curry tonight so will probally have a few bottles of fizzy lager and no pub on Sunday either .

RogerB
07-03-2010, 09:38
Bit of a result in the Bricklayers Arms in Putney yesterday - they had the last remnants of a beer festival - there were still about 20 part barrels left and they were knocking everything out for £1 a pint. Aleandhearty will be delighted to learn that there were quite a few Yorkshire beers up for grabs - Ossett, Tigertops, Clarks, Brew Co, Glentworth, Richmond and Abbeydale were all well represented. Was tempted to sell my match ticket and stay there. Stick yet to pick a BotW though - still 14 and a half hours to go.

aleandhearty
07-03-2010, 15:52
Bit of a result in the Bricklayers Arms in Putney yesterday - they had the last remnants of a beer festival - there were still about 20 part barrels left and they were knocking everything out for £1 a pint. Aleandhearty will be delighted to learn that there were quite a few Yorkshire beers up for grabs - Ossett, Tigertops, Clarks, Brew Co, Glentworth, Richmond and Abbeydale were all well represented. Was tempted to sell my match ticket and stay there.

Roger, there would be 'quite a few Yorkshire beers up for grabs' as they were left over from the Yorkshire Beer Festival last weekend! :D Seems to be an annual event, on the last w/e in Feb. I've tried to make it the last couple of years, but something always seems to turn up. Maybe third time lucky next year. Bet you wished you'd sold your ticket after the snorefest of a game.

Maldenman
07-03-2010, 16:14
I'm not usually a mild drinker, but the Surrey Hills Hammer Mild in The Boaters, Kingston yesterday was spot on. Good malty flavour and body, and at 3.8%, more robust than the weaker milds that deter me normally.

RogerB
07-03-2010, 16:25
Roger, there would be 'quite a few Yorkshire beers up for grabs' as they were left over from the Yorkshire Beer Festival last weekend! :D Seems to be an annual event, on the last w/e in Feb. I've tried to make it the last couple of years, but something always seems to turn up. Maybe third time lucky next year. Bet you wished you'd sold your ticket after the snorefest of a game.
That could explain things - I thought the selection was a bit Yorkshire orientated. I must also keep an eye out for it next year if it's an annual thing - I think the Yorkshire beers are beginning to take over from Cornish as my favourites and there a few breweries I hadn't come across before (Tigertops for a start which I note is also Wakefieldish!). The only problem yesterday was that they were all on the cold side having sat in the garden for the best part of a week and it wasn't particularly warm yesterday either. For that reason (and it was plastic glasses yesterday because of the football) I'm not sure they will make BotW but I'm hard pushed for a clear winner at the moment. For £1 a pint, I'm not going exactly going to complain too loudly.

Soup Dragon
07-03-2010, 16:28
Bathams MILD and bitter, Enville Ale and Butty Back, on one relaxed friday evening - that's as good as it gets

runningdog
07-03-2010, 19:05
As I thunk, it were 'ard. Late additions to the ever longer 'short list' were HSB, Milk Brewerys' Zig Zag stout and something called Grandmother's Weapons Grade Ginger Beer, lethal! In the end I've decided on the Bath Dark Hare. It was in better nick than the Sneck Lifter and somehow the Ginger Beer felt like cheating...........:drinkup::drinkup:
It is now time for a Peculiar Beast moment............:drinkup::drinkup:

oldboots
07-03-2010, 19:20
Having found 7th March instead of 7th FEBRUARY :o;

A bit of a thin week after the late excess of last week however I had a very fine pint of John Smiths Cask this week although not beer of the week there's no reason why it couldn't be. I also had a yet another loverly beer from Rudgate, a splendid brewer that keeps raising its game - Odins Raven, only 3.8 but balanced and so not a hop monster, refreshing and playful, moreish and tasty but not my BOTW. This week Pheonix, a wonderful Manchester brewery, takes the honours with their "Massacre", deceptively "brown and boring" but with a hoppy aroma, malty body, fruity undertones and a bitter finish. (appologies for the Rate Beer style bullsh..tish comments).....nice :glass:

Millay
07-03-2010, 20:39
After a 7.2% and a 5% over the past two weeks I’m downgrading in strength this week to a 3.5% beer called Hoppit from Loddon Brewery. I found it an excellent session beer and it was in such good condition and so drinkable that I sunk four pints in little over an hour on Saturday afternoon :cheers::cheers:

Manky Badger
07-03-2010, 21:14
However, I agree that Late Red is a good one and it certainly seems to have remained in circulation all through this winter.
I can't see Sheps getting rid of Spitfire as they have invested so much in the brand in recent years and must be their best-known beer outside of their own pubs.

I spoke with the brewery about Late Red late last year... It has been so popular in that past that they decided to keep it on in place of their winter seasonal (porter). However the weinter seasonal shoudl have finished last week, and still Late Red is on. Personally I quite like it.

FWIW Spitfire was only supposed to be a one-off for three months - and that was many years ago...

Wittenden
07-03-2010, 22:31
We had a brief forray into the Soke of Peterborough yesterday, in search of either Oakham or Grainstore ales. Unfortunately neither were to be found.My beer of the week is likely to be Elgoods Cambridge Bitter: pleasant, but not the palate cleansing draught that I remember from years back.

aleandhearty
07-03-2010, 23:19
A very narrow choice this week, only had four pints in the last seven days.:eek: The best of the four was Great Heck's 'Dave'. The brewery puff has it as a 'dark, velvety bitter', but brewed with chocolate and crystal malts it tasted more like a mild to me. Nice though.

RogerB
07-03-2010, 23:37
After a huge chunk of Yorkshire beers yesterday and a decent 3 darky's in our regular darky strong beer pub tonight, the Paper Moon in freezy Dartford has usurped them all with a late winner tonight - Salopian Prohibition 4.6% - when I recommend it to Mrs B and she endorses the stuff, I know it's a winner.

aleandhearty
07-03-2010, 23:45
... very fine pint of John Smiths Cask

:eek: Christ 'ob', have you a fever? Are you hallucinating man? Surely an oxymoron. However, don't take my word for it. I rather like this review from 'nick' on www.qualityales.com (where JS is No1 in the Worst Beers table):

"Simply dreadful. Over 1 million pints of,this, astringent, nasty, gaseous, harsh, tart, putrid, malodourous, offensive, mephitic s**t are sold each day in the UK. With over £20 million pounds spent on advertising each year it only goes to show how gullible the general public are. I know it's a close run thing between Tetley's cask and this but I would have to be tortured before I drank this. The bosses at Scottish Courage should be ashamed of themselves! There is more to life than making money and if it were in my power I would close this brewery tommorow. Nobody in ther right mind should touch this, I have tasted better ditch water."

Not only did it make me laugh out loud, I learnt a new word in 'mephitic'. :)

trainman
08-03-2010, 06:04
Peterborough yesterday, in search of Oakham...neither were to be found
You must've missed Charters Bar & The Brewery Tap Wittenden - they both have four or five Oakhams as regulars. Since I can't remember much about Reading on Sat, I again have to give this week's gong to Bishops Farewell.

or maybe Darkstar Golden Gate. Let's call it a draw.

oldboots
08-03-2010, 08:26
:eek: Christ 'ob', have you a fever? Are you hallucinating man? Surely an oxymoron.

Honest I'm not joking or mad (although more than slightly pissed when I wrote it :whistle:), it was a good pint of beer. Rumour has it that it's not being brewed in Tadcaster at present (again), lack of racking facilities is supposedly the reason. It was at, I think, Holts in Manchester for a time and other decent breweries have been mentioned. On the other hand a different rumour says increased capacity at Taddy means they are brewing there again. :confused:

I have had a few decent pints of JS cask but very very rarely a drinkable Tetleys Cask to which the review is much more applicable IMHO. Good word, mephitic, just about sums up my bowels this morning.

HTM69
08-03-2010, 12:01
An incomplete list of the beers and spirits consumed last week...

Guinness x 4
Brian Turner Amber Ale x 1
Adnams Bitter x 1
Brains SA x 1
Whitstable Brewery, East India Pale Ale x1
Larkins Brewery, Best Bitter x 1
Fortitude. Wantsome(?) x 1
Batemans, Miss Canada x 1
Spitfire x 1
Spitfire (In a bloody Carling glass!) x 1
Becks (Bottled) x 2
Double Vodka and Red Rooster x 4

aleandhearty
08-03-2010, 12:25
Whitstable Brewery, East India Pale Ale x1
Larkins Brewery, Best Bitter x 1

Bit of a long shot this, but I don't suppose you visited The Rose and Crown, Halstead (Kent) last week? I had both these beers on my visit there last summer. I was very impressed with both, but thought the Larkins was particularly tasty for its strength.

hopwas
08-03-2010, 12:33
Late Late BOTW for me..

E.S.B (Fuller's?) at 5.5% at Tamworth FC. Superb moreish and earthy bitter.

Same about the price (see price rise thread)

HTM69
08-03-2010, 12:45
Bit of a long shot this, but I don't suppose you visited The Rose and Crown, Halstead (Kent) last week? I had both these beers on my visit there last summer. I was very impressed with both, but thought the Larkins was particularly tasty for its strength.

Nope, this was in The Man of Kent Ale House, Rochester.

They usually have around 8 ales on and all are locally sourced. The Whitstable Brewery ales are very good, usually. The Larkins Best Bitter was excellent

Pubsignman
08-03-2010, 12:51
My BOTW is Brains Dark. I'd never really rated their beers before, but I had a couple of top quality pints of this in The Goat Major, Cardiff this weekend.

My judgement may have been swayed somewhat by the fact that I was on lager for most of the weekend, as we trawled around Cardiff's binge-drinking hot-spots for my mate's stag weekend.

Kudos also for Rhymney Bevan's Bitter.

hopwas
08-03-2010, 12:52
My BOTW is Brains Dark.

Truly great beer and I had them in Llandudno, North Wales couple of years back.

ETA
08-03-2010, 14:06
I did mention Sheps's Late Red....

ROBCamra
08-03-2010, 15:37
Well having voted for Blue Monkey 99 Red Baboons last week, this week got off to a good start with more monkeys.

The Baum had Brass Monkey Silverback on the bar which was OK but when that went, on came Golden Monkey from the same brewery which was excellent.

I also had a pint of Copper Dragon Freddie Truman which was also pretty good.

So Golden Monkey so far for me, who knows it might even win as we've no beer festivals etc planned for this weekend! :(

Well after quite a few more beers I'm still going to award my BOTW to Golden Monkey from Brass Monkey brewery in Sowerby Bridge.

ROBCamra
08-03-2010, 15:39
Having found 7th March instead of 7th FEBRUARY :o;

A bit of a thin week after the late excess of last week however I had a very fine pint of John Smiths Cask this week although not beer of the week there's no reason why it couldn't be. I also had a yet another loverly beer from Rudgate, a splendid brewer that keeps raising its game - Odins Raven, only 3.8 but balanced and so not a hop monster, refreshing and playful, moreish and tasty but not my BOTW. This week Pheonix, a wonderful Manchester brewery, takes the honours with their "Massacre", deceptively "brown and boring" but with a hoppy aroma, malty body, fruity undertones and a bitter finish. (appologies for the Rate Beer style bullsh..tish comments).....nice :glass:

Tony at Phoenix usually only brews Massacre for Valentines Day so it obviously keeps well :p

oldboots
08-03-2010, 18:43
Tony at Phoenix usually only brews Massacre for Valentines Day so it obviously keeps well :p

I don't know when the cask was delivered but it was probably tapped some time Friday night or Saturday morning, I drank it Sunday PM and it was superb, but then I haven't found a Phoenix beer I don't like (yet).

ROBCamra
09-03-2010, 11:32
I don't know when the cask was delivered but it was probably tapped some time Friday night or Saturday morning, I drank it Sunday PM and it was superb, but then I haven't found a Phoenix beer I don't like (yet).

There's not many I don't like either and almost all of those are the experimental ones that he brews and delivers to his regular customers to get their feedback.

And of course as my local is one of his regular customers, there's always a Phoenix beer close to hand. :drinkup:

Pubsignman
09-03-2010, 11:38
Hopefully I will actually have a beer this week.

Oggwyn Trench: Kelham Island Captain IPA (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9013#post9013)
runningdog: Bath Dark Hare (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9144#post9144)
oldboots: Phoenix Massacre (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9150#post9150)
Millay: Lodden Brewery Hoppit (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9172#post9172)
Wittenden: Elgoods Cambridge Bitter (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9180#post9180)
aleandhearty: Great Heck's 'Dave' (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9186#post9186)
RogerB: Salopian Prohibition (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9191#post9191)
trainman: Bishops Farewell / Darkstar Golden Gate (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9205#post9205)
Hopwas: E.S.B (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9226#post9226)
ROBCamra: Golden Monkey (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1476-Beer-of-the-Week-%28w-e-7-Mar-2010%29&p=9242#post9242)

Hey!...what about me? :0(

Conrad
09-03-2010, 12:01
Hey!...what about me? :0(
Well done you passed the test and are paying attention :whistle:

Which is a little more than I am managing :o

arwkrite
11-03-2010, 08:26
Popped into the Litchfield Vaults , Hereford for a quick pint before catching a bus back home.My mind was a bit preoccupied and I forgot to take proper note of the beer. I think it was Thwaites OB ( 4.3 % ?) not a bad drink. Mid amber in colour with a citrus finish and it hung on the glass right to the end. They also had Adnams, Deuchars which are normally available and another ale which I cannot recall. The price of the pint was £2.70p

Dave M
12-03-2010, 15:01
Just realised I didn't post in this one last Sunday. :o

As my week was spent mostly in Spain I was worried that I was going to have to choose between San Miguel and Cruzcampo as the only beers I managed to get all week.

There were plenty of English bars around, but most of them seemed to be doing special offers on lager, including one doing a special offer on Carling during the Carling Cup final. The deal was half price during the match until the first goal, I wonder how many got one in during the 5 minutes that deal applied?!

Anyway, on my return I did manage to sneak in a Wychwood Circlemaster to spare my BotW blushes.