PDA

View Full Version : Another Rail-Ale-Trail

oldboots
03-07-2013, 17:04

I recently spotted this being promoted as an alternative to the troubled Trans Pennine Rail-Ale-Trail and the lesser known one through Sowerby Bridge. I believe it's being promoted by the West Yorkshire PTE so it doesn't have the obvious end point of the Sheffield Tap via the Old No 7 in Barnsley and a couple of decent pubs in Elsecar.

aleandhearty
03-07-2013, 17:27

I recently spotted this being promoted as an alternative to the troubled Trans Pennine Rail-Ale-Trail and the lesser known one through Sowerby Bridge. I believe it's being promoted by the West Yorkshire PTE so it doesn't have the obvious end point of the Sheffield Tap via the Old No 7 in Barnsley and a couple of decent pubs in Elsecar.

Oh, God! I think I'm suffering from an acute bout of NIMBYism. I'm sure it'll start off OK, but how long before it deteriorates into the hell that is the Trans-Pennine version? The Fernandes Tap is too small to be overrun by lagered up f**kwits. :moremad:

london calling
06-07-2013, 21:44
Just read up about this rail trail. Looks like the locals had to face THE CHARGE OF THE BUD LITE BRIGADE.