PDA

View Full Version : Mexborough Crawl 6/6/2013

Al 10000
29-06-2013, 17:57
I have booked tickets from Nottingham to Mexborough on the 6th of July for a pub crawl of Mexborough and Swinton,this is the first time i have pre booked train tickets since i was made redundent in 2009.

If any brave Yorkshire members or any others who would like to do a complete pub crawl of Mexborough plus a few more in Swinton,i would be happy to meet up with you.
I will be starting in the Old Market Hall Spoons in Mexborough at about 10.30 then hopefully do a few more in the middle of Mexborough before doing a anti clockwise walk round Mexborough visiting all pubs in the town,then a stroll down to Swinton for the last few pubs,probably get the 1935 or 1943 to Sheffield and a steady drink in the Sheffield Tap before getting the 20.41 back to Nottingham.

Do any of you feel up to this or part of this crawl.

Cheers Alan

sheffield hatter
29-06-2013, 20:23
If any brave Yorkshire members or any others who would like to do a complete pub crawl of Mexborough plus a few more in Swinton,i would be happy to meet up with you.

I will be starting in the Old Market Hall Spoons in Mexborough at about 10.30 then hopefully do a few more in the middle of Mexborough before doing a anti clockwise walk round Mexborough visiting all pubs in the town,then a stroll down to Swinton for the last few pubs,probably get the 1935 or 1943 to Sheffield and a steady drink in the Sheffield Tap before getting the 20.41 back to Nottingham.

If you include The Manvers Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/33991/) (a bit of a walk out, I admit, though a pleasant one as I recall) as well as the Mexborough town centre and estate pubs, that's 19 before you've even started on Swinton, which has 12 itself. Unfortunately I'll be unable to take this stamina test as I'm at work all day next Saturday (until after your train departs for Nottingham).

Enjoy!

aleandhearty
01-07-2013, 12:51
Sorry Al, tied up with family commitments this weekend. Hope you enjoy your day.

oldboots
01-07-2013, 13:59
I'll be enjoying the delights of Masham of the 6th, another time perhaps.

Al 10000
01-07-2013, 15:22
It is a shame that nobody could make it even for a quick drink,this means that i am yet to meet any regulars on this forum.

Well the weather looks to be set fair for the day and i have just over 9 hours drinking,so i hope to do 21 or 22 new pubs depending how i feel on the day.

Thanks for replying,

Cheers Alan

sheffield hatter
01-07-2013, 16:07
It is a shame that nobody could make it even for a quick drink,this means that i am yet to meet any regulars on this forum.

There's a chance to meet a few of us in Otley on Wednesday 24th July. Check out this thread (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?14638-Otley-Queen-of-the-North/page2).

Al 10000
01-07-2013, 17:10
There's a chance to meet a few of us in Otley on Wednesday 24th July. Check out this thread (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?14638-Otley-Queen-of-the-North/page2).

I have looked at that thread but Otley is a bit too far for me to do cheaply,i got my Nottingham Mexborough return for £8.00

Another excuse is that i have an hospital appointment at 11.15 on that day for a hernia op,that is the reason i have booked my Mexborough crawl before that date.

I may one day finally have a meet up with some regulars on the forum.

sheffield hatter
01-07-2013, 17:32
Good luck with the operation. Hope it doesn't impact on your crawling!

Quinno
01-07-2013, 17:51
Good luck with the operation. Hope it doesn't impact on your crawling!

It might literally mean Al is crawling for a few days!

Mobyduck
01-07-2013, 19:24
I have booked tickets from Nottingham to Mexborough on the 6th of July for a pub crawl of Mexborough and Swinton,this is the first time i have pre booked train tickets since i was made redundent in 2009.

Cheers Alan
Bit to far out for me at the moment without a bit of advanced planning ,but look forward to your reviews ,and good luck on the 24th. Maybe we can meet up in the future. :cheers:

Al 10000
07-07-2013, 19:16
Well the Mexborough crawl went very well,it is a very down to earth town which is the sort of place i like to drink in,the people were very friendly and i had lots of chats with them.
This is the list of pubs i did yesterday in order.

1 :Montagu Arms : no real ales, had John Smiths smooth
2 :Old Market Hall : Spoons had Geeves Clear Cut
3 :Bulls Head : no real ales, had John Smiths Extra Cold
4:Memories Bar : no real ales, i have got to add this to the site.
5:Boy and Barrel : no real ales, had Stones bitter
6:The Falcon : Old Mill tied house, had Old Mill bitter
7:Imperial Club and Brewery : Brew pub with 5 real ales, had Imperial bitter
8:Sportsman Inn : no real ales, had John Smiths smooth
9:Concertina Band Club : Home Brew pub,4 real ales on,had Concertina Club bitter
10:George and Dragon : 2 real ales,had John Smiths cask
11:New Masons Arms : no real ales, had John Smiths Extra Cold
12:The Ferryboat : no real ales, had John Smiths smooth
13:The Dog Daisy : no real ales, had Worthington Cream
14:Star Inn : no real ales, Samuel Smiths tied house,had Old Brewery Bitter
15:Park Inn : no real ales, had John Smiths smooth
16:The Highwoods : no real ales, had John Smiths smooth

Swinton

17:Robin Hood : no real ales, had John Smiths smooth
18:Ring O' Bells : 1 real ale, had Concertina Bengal Tiger
19:The Sportsman : 1 real ale, had Kelham Easy Rider
20:Cafe Sport : 1 real ale, had Black Sheep bitter
21:Butchers Arms : no real ales, had Stones bitter
22:The Station : 2 real ales, had John Smiths cask, forgot to take a photo of this, most upset

Despite the lack of real ales in some pubs this was a great day out drinking and having some good chats with the locals.

sheffield hatter
07-07-2013, 20:21
Nice one, Al. I've been in a few of those, as you know, but the thought of drinking all that John Smiths Super-cooled Smooth :sick: puts me off following in your footsteps. Well done, that's real dedication.:notworthy: