PDA

View Full Version : Best Mild in Mild Month ?

Mobyduck
31-05-2013, 18:56
I've been confinded to drinking in only my local this month (Mild Month) and as a result only supped three true milds,
Vale -Black Swan Mild
Nottingham - Rock Mild
Aylesbury Brewhouse -M.A.N. (mild and nutty)
all three were very good but my choice for number one is the Black Swan.
Also had Darkstar Genesis, marketed as a mild and I would choose to drink it ahead of the above, but I dont consider it a mild but hard to define , a bit of a hybrid.
Anyone had lots of Mild in May?
Whats the best?

Aqualung
31-05-2013, 19:59
I would have to go with the ELB Orchid Mild (and I did have a Brodie's Mild today).

The brewery notes state that it has a vanilla flavouring. This has been done in a very subtle way as I didn't pick up on it at all. It is extremely drinkable and thirst quenching and on a hot day when totally parched would easily be a down in one job.

Soup Dragon
01-06-2013, 09:28
I have found it very diappointing this year - few places near to me have done anything at all. Had a few nice MILDs in Rugby last week, but the Holden's MILD in the Lamp (Bloxwich) still tops them all.

Quinno
01-06-2013, 10:17
Cheddar Mild at the Nags

Binghams Smoked Mild at the Alehouse

Bucking Fastard
01-06-2013, 13:24
I really enjoyed Dark Munro from the Orkney Brewery ,a traditional low strength dark mild.

Titanic Nautical Mild was a great pint but straining the definition of a Mild,more like a lower strength porter.

london calling
01-06-2013, 19:39
I have had 15 milds this month.
top ones were
leeds -Vienna
Nottingham -foundry
brodies -mild
xt -pi mild
and the worst was
Sam Smiths -light mild

rpadam
01-06-2013, 20:48
The Shepherd Neame Mild tried at the Cask & Glass yesterday proved surprisingly good, especially for a 3.5% beer.

london calling
01-06-2013, 22:07
Forgot to mention ELB -orchid mild .Another goodun.

Aqualung
03-06-2013, 08:12
I notice that GW Meerkat Mild is in the current BOTW, deservedly so as it WAS one of the top milds I tried last month.

aleandhearty
03-06-2013, 13:41
As mentioned elsewhere, I think Mild Month has been a little quieter this year. Looking at my tasting notes, I tried the following:

Oldershaw - Grantham Dark.
Nottingham - Rock Mild.
Ilkley - Black.
Ossett - Challenger Mild.
Fernandes - Malt Shovel Mild.
Leeds - Vienna. (?)
Phoenix - Black Shadow.

Discounting the MSM, which I drink almost on a weekly basis, I think my favourites were the Grantham and the Challenger. If I can sneak one in from Saturday 1st June, Rat Brewery's Light Mild was also pretty darn good.

Mobyduck
03-06-2013, 17:46
As mentioned elsewhere, I think Mild Month has been a little quieter this year.
I have to agree, certainly in my locality anyway,but there are definitely some very good Milds out there.