PDA

View Full Version : Any Milds being sold?

Arthurish
14-05-2013, 04:34
Any noticed if Mild May will happen this year.
Only seen 2 on sale in 2 different pubs

Mobyduck
14-05-2013, 05:37
Had a decent pint of Vale Black Swan Dark Mild last night,but I agree I've not seen so many around this year.

ROBCamra
14-05-2013, 06:55

There's been 4 on in The Baum so far this month and on Saturday the Three Pigeons, Pump Room & Dirty Dicks in Halifax all had one on each. :cheers:

Oggwyn Trench
14-05-2013, 06:59
Plenty on around here , local CAMARA are doing a Mild Passport http://www.tescamra.org.uk/pubs.html

Al 10000
14-05-2013, 12:45
There are 62 pubs taking part in the Nottingham Mild Trail with over half of them being in the city centre.

I had a very nice drink of Muirhouse Magnum mild in the Horse and Jockey in Stapleford,there was also two other milds on in this pub,the Spoons in Stapleford also had a couple of milds on last week.

Everyone who takes part in the trail and collects 8 or more stickers will get a free pint of mild at the Nottingham Robin Hood beer festival in October.

Quinno
14-05-2013, 13:18
At least 2 on at any time in Nags Head, Reading and at least one at the Alehouse, RG1.

london calling
14-05-2013, 21:25
you are on the wrong side of the river.In the last 3 weeks i have seen 15 milds and drank 10 new ones.The Bree Louise reckon by close of play tonight to have sold 50 milds in May although they only had one on last night.

trainman
15-05-2013, 11:41
Wibbas Down (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/24705/) had one of its 3 banks of 6 given over to Mild last night (or maybe 5 of those 6, plus a stout).
I bucked the trend by having two pints of Sadlers Hop Bomb.

Aqualung
16-05-2013, 14:04
I've seen nothing at all. The only two genuine milds I've seen this year are Brodie's and ELB Orchid. This does NOT include Brodie's Peanut Butter Mild which is just plain weird. All the other "milds" I've tried have been dark bitters or weak porters.

london calling
16-05-2013, 19:07
I've seen nothing at all. The only two genuine milds I've seen this year are Brodie's and ELB Orchid. This does NOT include Brodie's Peanut Butter Mild which is just plain weird. All the other "milds" I've tried have been dark bitters or weak porters.

Unless the pumpclip says mild a lot of the newer milds are not very typical of the style nowadays.Hoppier milds suit me.

Mobyduck
16-05-2013, 21:10
Had a decent pint of Vale Black Swan Dark Mild last night,but I agree I've not seen so many around this year.
Another tonight -Nottingham Rock Mild.

london calling
17-05-2013, 19:04
Absolute stonking mild at a local beer fest on the way home from work and like Moby its from Nottingham -Foundry Mild 4.7

london calling
17-05-2013, 19:07
Absolute stonking mild at a local beer fest on the way home from work and like Moby its from Nottingham -Foundry Mild 4.7

They also had Twaites -nutty black mild which the programme called the best mild in the world.I disagree.

Aqualung
18-05-2013, 14:18
I had a Titanic Nautical Mild (4.8%) yesterday which was a decent enough pint but in no way could ever be called a mild.
A mild unlike bitter or old ale is a very specific type of beer with a low ABV, dark and with restrained use of hops. The key thing is the lack of hops which is why I was surprised that Brodie's came up with a genuine one, however the pressure of not bunging in an extra load of hops may have led him to sling a bucket of peanut butter into one of the batches.

Just brewing a normal sort of dark beer or bunging a load of caramel into an existing bitter and calling the results mild is as wrong as calling a lager a stout or describing GK IPA as a Craft beer.

Wittenden
18-05-2013, 23:26
Here in Kent, Goacher's do a proper MILD, dark,chocolatey, low ABV:the works. One of my desert island beers,sampled yesterday at the wonderful Black Lion, Lynsted,complete with working gallows, or is it gibbet?

aleandhearty
20-05-2013, 12:27
Here in Kent, Goacher's do a proper MILD, dark,chocolatey, low ABV:the works. One of my desert island beers....

Looks like my sister-in-law is moving to West Malling, so will seek out their beers, when we visit. I know The Bull in the villlage features them heavily.

On an anecdotal basis, Mild Month does seem a little quieter than last year. I don't seem to have come across the same number on my travels. However, it may have just been bad timing.

Aqualung
22-05-2013, 22:22
I came across Great Western Meerkat Mild (3.9%) today in the Loughton Spoons and it was a very enjoyable pint. It's a brown/red one rather than really dark but just managed to pass my proper mild test.

I assume it's on the current Spoons guest list but they seem reluctant to publish it nowadays. Maybe they are embarrassed by having to own up to the number of GK/Wells/Marston "Guest" beers.

Quinno
22-05-2013, 23:31
Four on at the Nags this evening :D sadly the Quinno Kiss of Death put paid to the Cheddar Mild that I was really looking forward to (spluttered and died on the pour), but the XT mild was very nice as a substitute. Problem was I too busy drinking Celt Gold and Surrey Hills Gilt Complex to try any others!