PDA

View Full Version : Pub curse strikes again!

hopwas
26-02-2010, 21:37
This time I recievied the curse myself.

Last night I was in The Bole Bridge enjoying my drink, I decided go to toilet and after I done my business.

Disaster struck..

I slammed the toilet door too hard and unfortunately my right index finger got stuck! I screamed "%$£* ^%$%!!!!!"

Result? My index finger broken in two places and rushed to A&E where I got small cast. X Ray confirmed I got small fracture. I am typing this with only my left hand. (I am normally right handed) My finger hurts like hell at the mo!! :moremad:

Soup Dragon
26-02-2010, 21:44
It could have been worse, you could have done it in the Harborne Stores (just rated it, mate)

Eddie86
26-02-2010, 21:53
More importantly, which hand do you drink with? I've never tried ale through a straw before...

hopwas
26-02-2010, 21:55
It could have been worse, you could have done it in the Harborne Stores (just rated it, mate)

:D

I hate to say it but I told ya so.. Harborne Stores is a truly awful pub. I am very glad White Horse is just around the corner. I will go back again later in this year.

Oh yeah you know The Roebuck in Cannock? Brilliant Landlord and was very pleasant when I arrived. Big and burly bloke. Even they had Thwaites smooth which is very rare to see in pubs. I settled for excellent Bomber and pork crunch called Rays and Grays which is simply best I had in my life.

Eddie86
26-02-2010, 22:07
Hang on, it's 10pm on a Friday. I'm taking 15mins, but why aren't you lot in the pub? Shame on you all!

hopwas
26-02-2010, 22:17
Hang on, it's 10pm on a Friday. I'm taking 15mins, but why aren't you lot in the pub? Shame on you all!

Actually I am going to pub after this.. pub closes at 1am tonite so I am not in rush.

Oggwyn Trench
26-02-2010, 22:45
Thats your Sex Life knackered for the next few weeks :whistle::whistle::D:D:D

an_ecumenical_matter
26-02-2010, 23:50
Hmm.

To be honest how in feck did you hop your pinky on the way out of the khazi???

Hope you zip up swiftly otherwise it might be worse next time. :eek:

However I've protested at several McSpoons about defective door springs in the past to no avail.

I suppose if you're in A and E though you're one less punter they have to serve!!!!

hopwas
27-02-2010, 10:43
Thats your Sex Life knackered for the next few weeks :whistle::whistle::D:D:D

Luckily my left hand can do wonders for me.. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Oggwyn Trench
27-02-2010, 12:10
Luckily my left hand can do wonders for me.. :whistle::whistle::whistle::

:D

arwkrite
05-03-2010, 06:54
At A & E did they ask if you had been drinking ? If they did you will probably join the government statistics about booze related injuries bleeding our NHS dry. Visit a hospital or doctors these days they appear to be selling the latest spin of the month from Westminster.
Sorry to hear about the injury. Luckily it was not both hands because you would really find out who your friends were.Have tried typing left handed and must say I couldn't be asked so top marks for effort.

hopwas
05-03-2010, 09:22
At A & E did they ask if you had been drinking ? If they did you will probably join the government statistics about booze related injuries bleeding our NHS dry. Visit a hospital or doctors these days they appear to be selling the latest spin of the month from Westminster.
Sorry to hear about the injury. Luckily it was not both hands because you would really find out who your friends were.Have tried typing left handed and must say I couldn't be asked so top marks for effort.

I wasn't that drunk on night my finger got slammed. Simply pure accident on my self really.

Only problem is my index finger is on cast so it looks like I am giving everyone a finger! :o:whistle:

It will be removed on Monday so I can looking foward drinking with my right hand... :cheers:

RogerB
06-03-2010, 22:47
Was in the Bricklayers Arms in Putney this afternoon prior to the Fulham v Spurs Cup Tie - just had to capture this sign...

Conrad
07-03-2010, 00:39
Brilliant :D

RogerB
07-03-2010, 09:18
I should also mention that just after I took the photo, 2 coppers came out of the pub having made sure everything was in order and the first one banged his head right where the sign is! I didn't laugh. Much. Good job he had his helmet on.