PDA

View Full Version : Manchester- Ideas for crawl

BeechyBlackCat
26-03-2013, 09:26
Off to Manchester this Saturday(arrive late morning) staying over near Piccadilly, not seen another thread re: crawls, may i tap into your cask of knowledge for a good day out?

thank you all

Quinno
26-03-2013, 10:17
I've never done Manc but I do know that Chloe, late of the Grove in Huddersfield, is now at the Marble Arch which is also the home of the Marble brewery - two reasons to head there in my view.

ROBCamra
26-03-2013, 11:14
Off to Manchester this Saturday(arrive late morning) staying over near Piccadilly, not seen another thread re: crawls, may i tap into your cask of knowledge for a good day out?

thank you all

You'll never do all the great pubs/bars in Manchester in one go, so it depends on what type of place you want to visit.

I'll assume you want cask ale so if you're at Piccadilly the Marble Arch is a 10/15 minute walk. The rest are a crawl that will bring you back to near Piccadilly.

Marble Arch, Angel, Smithfield, Fringe, Crown & Kettle, Blue Pig, Odd, Terrace, Common, 57 Thomas Street, Port Street Beer House.

Or in and around the Castlefield area Knott, Wharf, Cask, Briton's Protection, Rain Bar, Peveril Of The Peak, Paramount, City Arms.

Have a look at the reviews on the sight and look at the maps to see how they all fit together.

There should be around 100 different beers available if you managed to vist all of the above.

There are loads more places as well. Happy beer hunting. :cheers:

BeechyBlackCat
26-03-2013, 11:34
Rob\Quinno

that's a great start thanks. I'll do some research on Rob's suggested routes and post an update idc

cheers