PDA

View Full Version : Do admin need some assistance?

bcfczuluarmy
10-03-2013, 21:15
Not wishing in anyway to step on any toes but given the ratio of intrepid forum members looking to update and inform about pubs in their local where errors occur do admin fall behind in responding to the "That doesn't go there forum". Could certain members who know/show a passion better respond to map movements and name change threads if given additional rights? I note that no real updates have existed in nearly 2 months to changes/suggestions.

sheffield hatter
10-03-2013, 21:20
I suggested something similar when I saw Dave on the Black Country bus crawl last autumn. I said I'd be happy to take on such tasks as he and Conrad felt able to delegate, and that I was sure there were other trustworthy members who would likewise volunteer. He said they were fine as things were. However, as you point out, one of the strengths of this site is the many corrections submitted by members, and these are now in quite a bit of a log jam. Perhaps Dave and Conrad will be having further thoughts on engaging members to help?

Farway
11-03-2013, 14:42
I have no idea of their personal circumstances but suspect things have slipped. I am still unable to get back onto reviewing / photo additions as password does not work,& e-mail requests not replied to

I can only assume other items in their lives have higher priority at the moment than PuG

gillhalfpint
12-03-2013, 08:24
I recommended a new one last week, and got my e-mail today to show accepted. Don't think that was slipping at all. I can't see any problems. So much better than the old site where I had to keep a record of my recommendations for months and keep checking for them to be entered.

hondo
12-03-2013, 09:11
I recommended a new one last week, and got my e-mail today to show accepted. Don't think that was slipping at all. I can't see any problems. So much better than the old site where I had to keep a record of my recommendations for months and keep checking for them to be entered.

think reference is to that doesn't go there thread http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?6-That-Doesn-t-Go-There! and map point changes

Quinno
12-03-2013, 12:26

There was a little bit of backlog building up but I think we have been spoilt previously by how quickly things got done. As has been mentioned before, the site isn't their main preoccupation these days so we have to expect the odd period of drought when circumstances crop up. But overall I think we do pretty well :cheers:

AlanH
14-03-2013, 07:31
Not wishing in anyway to step on any toes but given the ratio of intrepid forum members looking to update and inform about pubs in their local where errors occur do admin fall behind in responding to the "That doesn't go there forum". Could certain members who know/show a passion better respond to map movements and name change threads if given additional rights? I note that no real updates have existed in nearly 2 months to changes/suggestions.

As this section falls behind, perhaps we could cut down on minor changes, like adding or removing the definate article or anything else that doesn't affect the basic information.
What do you think?

rpadam
15-03-2013, 19:14
Dave has done a major catch-up today.

sheffield hatter
15-03-2013, 19:34
Dave has done a major catch-up today.

Very impressive! I guess that answers the question....

bcfczuluarmy
09-12-2013, 21:00
Apologies for bumping this but I've noticed that some updates are slipping. I marked a pub in Stroud Bisley House (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/80601/) open over a month ago (pictures approved) yet still shows up in my awaiting updates every time I get a forum email. Not sure if some areas get neglected updates as a pub I shut in Wiltshire was closed fairly swiftly when pictures, map points etc got approved.

Aqualung
09-12-2013, 21:48
Apologies for bumping this but I've noticed that some updates are slipping. I marked a pub in Stroud Bisley House (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/80601/) open over a month ago (pictures approved) yet still shows up in my awaiting updates every time I get a forum email. Not sure if some areas get neglected updates as a pub I shut in Wiltshire was closed fairly swiftly when pictures, map points etc got approved.

I had a couple of new pubs added today that had been in the pipeline for a while, I couldn't tell you how long. One was a pub in Glasgow that I found out about because they had a team on Eggheads!

Mobyduck
09-12-2013, 22:14
I had a couple of new pubs added today that had been in the pipeline for a while, I couldn't tell you how long. One was a pub in Glasgow that I found out about because they had a team on Eggheads!
Iv'e had a few added today as well.

Quinno
09-12-2013, 23:35
still got one in the pipeline, I think Dave's been on holiday so I'm sure it'll be on soon. Got the review written and everything :)

Blackthorn
11-12-2013, 07:04
The problem seems to be with the "That doesn't go there!" forum where there do not appear to have been any updates since the 24th September.

I suppose this may be a more manual, and hence time consuming, task than approving pubs and photos which is probably just a couple of button clicks.

Lady Grey
11-12-2013, 08:18
There also seems to be a backlog of websites that have been added to a pubs' details. Other than that, Pubs Galore is still a great website

ETA
11-12-2013, 14:44
Pubs Galore is still a great website

Completely agree.

And the backlog has definitely cleared, so thanks Dave.

Al 10000
14-12-2013, 17:49
I Agree with Lady Grey Pubs Galore is a great pub site.

I have just added a few photos of pubs in Linton Derbyshire to the site late this afternoon,they have been approved already.

Great work Dave

Thanks for keeping this great pub site up and running, Alan

bcfczuluarmy
14-12-2013, 18:19
I have just added a few photos of pubs late this afternoon,they have been approved already.

Great work Dave

Me too and totally agree. Just got some closing and reopenings in the system now added in last 30 minutes so not a dig that not approved yet.

Dave M
14-12-2013, 18:22
And the backlog has definitely cleared, so thanks Dave.

I have just added a few photos of pubs in Linton Derbyshire to the site late this afternoon,they have been approved already.

Great work Dave

As to the original title of the thread - Yes, admin does need some assistance - and is now getting some assistance.

I've enlisted the help of a few regulars to help with approving photos and open/closure reports and they are the ones who deserve the credit for clearing the backlog. Thanks guys! :notworthy:

bcfczuluarmy
14-12-2013, 18:46
Well I http://candycaneslittleplayground.freeforums.org/download/file.php?icon=salute.gif them

Thanks all.

May change thread title to "Did" not "Do"...

hondo
14-12-2013, 19:43
:notworthy:

bcfczuluarmy
14-12-2013, 20:13
Do I suggest the "That doesn't go there" forum requires quite an update.... Or is it generally only done once a month?

Dave M
14-12-2013, 20:29
Sadly I'm still the only one who can deal with that stuff, will clear it soon

bcfczuluarmy
20-12-2013, 20:08
Can I just express my gratitude to the recent changes and the new members to the team who are so on the ball that I can mark a pub closed etc while out and about and before I've got home it's been actioned and I've had an email at .55 past the hour confirming update.

bcfczuluarmy
14-01-2014, 19:22
New pubs awaiting approval seem to be stacking up currently 140 from 17th December when first added that's not approved to today's. Although did spot a duplicate of one I added that somebody else beat me too it (could of added months ago but didn't as not open yet) so that can just be rejected although my map point is spot on, not sure if other persons is.

Somebody seems to have been extremely busing in Wales, not sure how so many pubs could be missing tbh.

Blackthorn
14-01-2014, 21:52
Although did spot a duplicate of one I added that somebody else beat me too it

Was that me? Just wondered which one!

bcfczuluarmy
14-01-2014, 23:09
No the Wells Spoons as I was trying to plan when my old man is likely to be coming down and where else to take him on route from Temple Meads. Hunters Rest, Queen Vic and Green Ore look candidates as they are all GBG pubs iirc that he's not been to although was only in HR and QV the other week.

Blackthorn
15-01-2014, 06:26
I have added that one as well, so that must be three of us! My map point is also spot on and there is one photo, although it's at a slightly oblique angle as it was still fenced off due to the building work.

It opens on the 21st January (as you probably know) and I will be in there on the 25th. :)

Al 10000
15-01-2014, 15:03
New pubs awaiting approval seem to be stacking up currently 140 from 17th December when first added that's not approved to today's. Although did spot a duplicate of one I added that somebody else beat me too it (could of added months ago but didn't as not open yet) so that can just be rejected although my map point is spot on, not sure if other persons is.

Somebody seems to have been extremely busing in Wales, not sure how so many pubs could be missing tbh.

How do you know how many pubs are awaiting approval and where they are,i dont have the faintest idea how to find this information out :confused:

bcfczuluarmy
15-01-2014, 16:42
If you submit a new pub request you get a temporary url, these are sequential so you just go upand down the number range. When you get to a link that redirects you to a new link which appears like the normal page you view it's been approved. When you get to the last the one after gives you a 404 error.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/26534/

26502 is the first on awaiting update.

Blackthorn I didn't notice your submission, I'm going to have to find it now....

Found it now. yeah you beat both of us to it.

You're http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/26528/
John Mcgraw 26551
Mine 26632

Al 10000
15-01-2014, 17:07
If you submit a new pub request you get a temporary url, these are sequential so you just go upand down the number range. When you get to a link that redirects you to a new link which appears like the normal page you view it's been approved. When you get to the last the one after gives you a 404 error.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/26534/

26502 is the first on awaiting update.

Blackthorn I didn't notice your submission, I'm going to have to find it now....

Found it now. yeah you beat both of us to it.

John Mcgraw 26551
Mine 26632

Thanks for the reply bcfczuluarmy,still non the wiser,computors and anything like it is still to confusing for me,dont think i will ever get the hang of them now.

On another note i bumped into the zulu army after a Birmingham City v Forest game back in the mid 80s,it was a very frightening experience,they were fighting with coppers and throwing bricks about,i managed to run out of the riot and make my way up digbeth high street,did'nt bother doing any of the pubs along there they were full of Blues who looked very rough,probably not happy about being knocked out of the FA Cup.

Aqualung
15-01-2014, 23:30
I hope that this backlog of pubs to be added does not consist of mainly ones that are now closed. If that were the case then I would see that as a major problem. While I don't strongly object to closed pubs being added, if it is at the expense of genuine new pubs then I am totally opposed to it. If there is a massive backlog of pubs to be added most of which are closed there is a danger that the site will end up like BITE when no new pubs get added at all.

Blackthorn
16-01-2014, 14:15

Thanks Jon, I had misplaced the link so that's very useful. I have now uploaded a couple more photo's which my father-in-law took (although of course I may have to do them again if one of the other entries gets approved). I think he's just as keen to try it as your Dad, but then he lives in Wells so it's a bit more convenient!

bcfczuluarmy
16-01-2014, 17:53
I hope that this backlog of pubs to be added does not consist of mainly ones that are now closed. If that were the case then I would see that as a major problem. While I don't strongly object to closed pubs being added, if it is at the expense of genuine new pubs then I am totally opposed to it. If there is a massive backlog of pubs to be added most of which are closed there is a danger that the site will end up like BITE when no new pubs get added at all.

8 with 2 more added yesterday but aren't marked closed but the review section refers to them being closed.

Blackthorn
17-01-2014, 14:18
Thanks Jon, I had misplaced the link so that's very useful. I have now uploaded a couple more photo's which my father-in-law took (although of course I may have to do them again if one of the other entries gets approved). I think he's just as keen to try it as your Dad, but then he lives in Wells so it's a bit more convenient!

Looks like mine got added. Thanks Dave! :)

bcfczuluarmy
17-01-2014, 14:41
Looks like mine got added. Thanks Dave! :)

Oddly mine got rejected. Seem to be flying through them now 3 out of 4 approved now.

Dave M
25-01-2014, 17:12

Hmm, that shouldn't really work. At some point you may find that you wont be able to see others submissions if I get round to looking at the code.

But since you still can, take a look at 26434 to get an idea of some of the stranger ones that come through!

Dave M
25-01-2014, 17:17
Right, well name corrections are back up to date now after blitzing 254 of them in 184 minutes. Hopefully I will be opening up name changes to the users who are doing a great job of keeping on top of the new photos and open/closure reports, that way there should never be such a big backlog with those again.

sheffield hatter
25-01-2014, 21:36
... take a look at 26434 to get an idea of some of the stranger ones that come through!

Good grief! Halal foods????? I know we've got a pie shop (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/61601/) in Reading, but at least you can get a beer there.

sheffield hatter
25-01-2014, 21:37
Right, well name corrections are back up to date now after blitzing 254 of them in 184 minutes. Hopefully I will be opening up name changes to the users who are doing a great job of keeping on top of the new photos and open/closure reports, that way there should never be such a big backlog with those again.

Well done, Dave. Your keyboard skills must be up there with the best.

Aqualung
26-01-2014, 00:21

Well Done Dave! I had noticed the backlog but as I'm not one of the more OCD types (just a total pisshead in fact!) I felt reluctant to mention it.

bcfczuluarmy
07-03-2014, 21:27
I'm not the above but have noticed we are getting a backlog again. 88 outstanding at present.

ROBCamra
07-03-2014, 22:44
I'm not the above but have noticed we are getting a backlog again. 88 outstanding at present.

Yeah, but some of us have lives as well.

And some of the outstanding photos are for Cafe Rouge FFS.i :moremad:

Quinno
08-03-2014, 08:03
Yeah, but some of us have lives as well.

Like the way you said 'some of us' :p

Soup Dragon
08-03-2014, 08:27

Be fair - they have only been on for 20 minutes and they are multiple shots of the same pubs/bars. At least wait until they have been on for a few days!:D

oldboots
09-03-2014, 15:22

Be fair - they have only been on for 20 minutes and they are multiple shots of the same pubs/bars. At least wait until they have been on for a few days!:D

to be even fairer 80 of the 88 were submitted by one contributor in less than half an hour, (thanks and well done Graham), they're all approved now anyway (including the bloody Cafe Rouge) and as I write we are at zero again.

Not really a back log then, go to BITE for real backlogs :D

Dave M
09-03-2014, 15:50
To be fair I think perhaps bcfczuluarmy was referring to my backlog of 'new' pubs that need seeing to. I hope to get back on the case over the next week.

bcfczuluarmy
09-03-2014, 18:15
To be fair I think perhaps bcfczuluarmy was referring to my backlog of 'new' pubs that need seeing to. I hope to get back on the case over the next week.

nail on head. If I didn't have 3 new pubs in the backlog I wouldn't care....