PDA

View Full Version : The Grapes/Booty's

Rex_Rattus
22-02-2010, 17:04
The Grapes - E14 8BP
Bootys - E14 8BP

These two pubs seem to be sharing the same "balloon" on the map page. I imagine that it is because they both have exactly the same postcode. If you wanted to give them separate balloons, I would say that Bootys is pretty much where the existing balloon is and The grapes is very slightly to the West of Booty's. They are not far apart - Booty's is at Number 92 Narrow St, and The Grapes at No 76. There are only seven houses between them, and the houses are pretty narrow in that part of the world!

Rex

Conrad
22-02-2010, 17:34
Hi Rex,

You are giving me lots of opportunities to advertise today, you can correct the map points. if you go to the Bootys map page (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubmap/55289/) and are logged in, you should be able to see a Correct this pub location link towards the top of the screen. Click on this and you can then move the pubs marked to the correct spot, I find it easiest to switch to satellite and click the + button on the left to zoom right in and get a better view.

The initial guestimate as you suggest though is based on the postcode, so where buildings have duplicate postcodes it overlays them at the moment, Soup has put in a request for me to correct it and I am still toying with the solution.

Thanks for that.

Rex_Rattus
22-02-2010, 21:44
Thanks Conrad. Done that - moved the Grapes' balloon a millimetre or two to the left. I now know they weren't sharing the same balloon- one was hiding behind the other!