PDA

View Full Version : Help with adding more than one link

Al 10000
09-01-2013, 15:41
I recently tried to link my five favourite pubs for 2012 and show them on the Pub of the Year thread.

I managed to copy all five pubs,then when i tried to add them to my post the same pub came up each time i pasted another pub to the post,so i had to edit my post and just link one of the five pubs to the post.

The Brickmakers Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34215/)

The Brickmakers Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/34215/)

To show my point i copied two seperate pubs,the New Inn on the Coleorton list and the Brickmakers Arms in Newton Solney but when i pasted them the same pub keeps coming up.

Can anybody help me with this problem.

Strongers
09-01-2013, 19:47
You have to do them one at a time.
Copy pub then paste onto post and then copy another pub and paste onto post and so on…

If you copy a pub and then copy a second pub the first pub you copied is overwritten.

Al 10000
11-01-2013, 17:29
You have to do them one at a time.
Copy pub then paste onto post and then copy another pub and paste onto post and so on…

If you copy a pub and then copy a second pub the first pub you copied is overwritten.

Thanks for that Strongers,

I still dont really understand how to do this because if i keep going from the forum to the main site i will have to keep editing my my post,i have noticed that other members dont keep editing their posts when doing multipull links.

oldboots
11-01-2013, 18:12
Thanks for that Strongers,

I still dont really understand how to do this because if i keep going from the forum to the main site i will have to keep editing my my post,i have noticed that other members dont keep editing their posts when doing multipull links.

We probably use a browser with tabs which makes life much easier. Sorry if that is confusing as you may not have a browser that has this. You can get round having no tabs by opening Internet Explorer (or the browser of your choice) again so you have two windows open, set one to the forums and the other to the main site then you can easily switch between them. You can also usually go to the FILE menu and select New Window (or New Tab if it's there). Tabs do the same thing as having two browser windows open but in a single window.

Maldenman
11-01-2013, 22:59
Another easy way Alan is to open the main site then right click on the link to the forums. You will be offered a menu including "open in new tab", click left on this and hey presto both parts of the site are open and running at once.

Al 10000
14-01-2013, 14:54
Another easy way Alan is to open the main site then right click on the link to the forums. You will be offered a menu including "open in new tab", click left on this and hey presto both parts of the site are open and running at once.

Thanks for that Maldenman,i have just tried it and it worked :D