PDA

View Full Version : Plans for this evening ?

Delboy20
31-12-2012, 14:28
What are your plans for this evening ??

I don't like new years eve so I will be doing what I always do:

A couple of early pints with the old man and then an enormous Chinese takeaway

RogerB
31-12-2012, 15:31
I'll be at the Grey Horse in Kingston with 2 lovely ladies and one of my favourite local bands, oh and a clutching a few pints of course!

Bucking Fastard
31-12-2012, 16:02
Having just got back home from a very wet few days boating,mud everywhere ,after a necessary clean up,it will be a night on the red wine with feet up avoiding pub mahem.

gillhalfpint
31-12-2012, 16:17
We will be avoiding pub mayhem too. A few bottles of beer for starters, a bottle of malt opened for midnight, and a bottle of La Chouffe coffee liqueur to be opened should see us through ok.

Happy New Year one and all.

PaulOfHorsham
31-12-2012, 17:52
Given how much I loathe New Year's Eve, I'm pleased to be have dodged it this year (pay to get into a crowded pub? and you expect me to jolly as well?). Anyway, the Christmas Hophead is not quite done yet. When it is, there's a 750ml bottle of Meantime IPA in the fridge, which I'm looking forward to. Some Kernel, too. And all that will make me much cheerier than a walk in the rain :D.

ROBCamra
31-12-2012, 18:01
We shall be off to The Baum soon, then a vist to our local tapas bar La Mancha.

Then back to The Baum for midnight. It's usually only the regulars by then.

Happy New Year everyone. :cheers:

Real Ale Ray
31-12-2012, 18:11
After a couple of ales with a mate this afternoon, am staying in with quite a few ales lined up and Mrs A has a couple of pork chops frying on the pan - an exciting night ahead!

Happy New Year to everyone :drinkup:

Wittenden
31-12-2012, 18:25
Couple of bottles of Jaipur in the cupboard,with the promise of a St Petersburg as well. Hope no one needs picking up!

Andy Ven
31-12-2012, 19:13
I cringe at Auld Lang Syne and all of the false affection that goes on at midnight so I'll stay in with my party can of Highgate Old Ale, order a curry and probably be in bed before midnight because I'm sure my daughter will be waking us up at about 6.30 in the morning.

I'm going to watch Walsall v Stevenage tomorrow. At least they're not as dire as the Villa at the moment.

Hope you have a good evening whatever you do.

aleandhearty
31-12-2012, 19:27
Well, having had family staying for most of the week and both kids staying out overnight, a quiet night in is irresistible. Like Paul I've a couple of Kernel bottles to get through (the Table Ale is delicious), before starting on half a case of Majestic's finest. Have a good night everyone.

Quinno
31-12-2012, 20:09
Don't really do the 'forced joviality' thing of NYE, so I'll save my money and drink in the Nags tomorrow when there's no queue at the bar!! I also got accidentally quite drunk yesterday at the Lucas Arms, Kings X (three pints of Abbot Reserve) and Craft in Islington (Thornbridge St Petersburg) so no alcohol for me today. Just Rooibos tea!

rpadam
31-12-2012, 20:35
Just back from a brief family outing to Lille and the French / Belgian border area, including a stop at the Spar shop in Watou - the best place to buy the fabulous Poperings Hommelbier, St. Bernardus Abt 12 and other local beers if you don't have time to visit this tiny village's two breweries - and a call at the Brasserie Castelain brewery at Benifontaine, so it will be the usual evening in watching Jools' Annual Hootenanny with a Bière de Noël or two...

Strongers
31-12-2012, 21:02
Just got back from a trip to Paris which included a day at Disneyland. I'm mentally damaged and I think it will take a month or two for my brain to reboot.

Alesonly
31-12-2012, 22:52
As you can see I am sitting here in front of the computer stone cold sober now as I've got to go to work in the morning which is no bad thing. Mind you I had a good skin full on Sunday to make up for it. :glass::glass::glass: I hate going in the pubs on NYE as they get full of once of year drinkers that would not say a word to you the rest of the year and don't even usually come in the pub but think they own it on NYE.:(

Delboy20
01-01-2013, 10:08
I'm going to watch Walsall v Stevenage tomorrow. At least they're not as dire as the Villa at the moment.

No need for that :moremad::moremad:

But I have to agree - it is hard work watching them at the moment

I am still off to Bradford next Tuesday though - I must be mad

Al 10000
01-01-2013, 16:29
I last went out on New Years Eve 1988 and i hav'nt missed going out on that crap night yet.

I am still trying to work out which i hate the most that irish saints day ( i car'nt even stand typeing that name ) or New Years Eve.

I am not a grumpy old git,i always enjoy any other day in the year its just those two.

Aqualung
01-01-2013, 23:13
I last went out on New Years Eve 1988 and i hav'nt missed going out on that crap night yet.

I am still trying to work out which i hate the most that irish saints day ( i car'nt even stand typeing that name ) or New Years Eve.

I am not a grumpy old git,i always enjoy any other day in the year its just those two.

I can't agree more!!!!

I do enjoy celebrating St David's Day (aka the first day of Spring in meteorological terms).