PDA

View Full Version : New pubs visited 2013

Delboy20
31-12-2012, 14:23
This seemed a popular thread for 2012 so here we go for another year.

I have set my target again at 150 ( deep down I intend to beat this years 159 ! )

Good luck to everyone :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Al 10000
13-01-2013, 12:12
A great day out in Stoke on Trent yesterday netted me 21 new pubs,i went in every open pub that i saw and only 3 were on keg.

Hopefully more trips to Stoke in the near future.

Bucking Fastard
13-01-2013, 16:46
A great day out in Stoke on Trent yesterday netted me 21 new pubs,i went in every open pub that i saw and only 3 were on keg.

That's a very good kick off to the new year.Stoke is also one of the least reviewed cities on Pubsgalore,so you are adding to the sum of human knowledge:notworthy:

Enjoy your future trips there:drinkup:

ROBCamra
18-01-2013, 12:44
I'm going to set myself a target of having 1100 pubs reviewed by the end of the year. So 122 pubs to go.

In theory that shouldn't be too difficult a target to meet, but as my current score of new pubs this year stands at a mighty 2.......................

Bucking Fastard
19-01-2013, 09:30
I hope to get my review total up to 800 in 2013,but I still have this very bad habit of going in the same pub when I know it's ale will be spot on.;)

However in the first half of the year I will be helped by the PuG tour of Leicester and boating trips to Burslem,Leek(which looks like a top drinking town),Middlewich,Nantwich,Chester,Whitchurch,Elles mere (not Port),Chirk and Llangollen.That all seems a long way to go when iced up near Tring at present.

ROBCamra
04-02-2013, 12:58
I'm going to set myself a target of having 1100 pubs reviewed by the end of the year. So 122 pubs to go.

In theory that shouldn't be too difficult a target to meet, but as my current score of new pubs this year stands at a mighty 2.......................

Well I managed to add another 4 this weekend on a short trip to Harrogate, so I'm now on a whole 6!!

aleandhearty
04-02-2013, 13:25
Well I managed to add another 4 this weekend on a short trip to Harrogate, so I'm now on a whole 6!!

If it makes you feel better ROB, I've only managed one new pub so far, this year.

ROBCamra
04-02-2013, 13:35
If it makes you feel better ROB, I've only managed one new pub so far, this year.

Six times better! :evilgrin:

RogerB
04-02-2013, 13:54
I've not set myself a target this year but I have done 23 so far which sounds good but is actually 11 down on the same period last year!

aleandhearty
04-02-2013, 14:00
I've not set myself a target this year but I have done 23 so far which sounds good but is actually 11 down on the same period last year!

A bad year for you Roger is probably a major achievement for most other site users! :D

Delboy20
04-02-2013, 18:25
I have had a terrible start to the year with only 2 new pubs in January. Not much on the horizon either so its going to be an uphill struggle this year.

bcfczuluarmy
05-02-2013, 23:08
58 so far, a fair few are newer revisits of Bristol pubs not done for a few years (10+ in some cases) but expanding up into Gloucestershire at present then into Wiltshire a bit before deeper into Somerset once the new list has been compiled of where to go.

Al 10000
16-02-2013, 17:06

6 new pubs to me done today in the Nottingham area,3 keg bars 2 real ale bars and a micro pub,this brings my new pubs done up to 27.

Blackthorn
16-02-2013, 19:54
58 so far, a fair few are newer revisits of Bristol pubs not done for a few years (10+ in some cases) but expanding up into Gloucestershire at present then into Wiltshire a bit before deeper into Somerset once the new list has been compiled of where to go.

Thought it looked liked you'd been travelling further afield recently! :)

Al 10000
24-02-2013, 13:13
6 new pubs to me done today in the Nottingham area,3 keg bars 2 real ale bars and a micro pub,this brings my new pubs done up to 27.

I had a good walk round Fenton and Longton in Stoke on Trent yesterday,this netted me 21 pubs i had never been in before,this brings my new pubs for the year up to 48.

Bucking Fastard
24-02-2013, 14:51
It's all been a bit slow for me,but managed to clock up 30 new ones so far this year.Ticked off quite a few around Tring and Leighton Buzzard,now chugging towards Leicester,although the PuG crawl will arrive before the boat makes an appearance there.

ROBCamra
26-02-2013, 10:08
Well a bit of an improvement this last couple of weeks having collected 6 new pubs in Derby (hard to do is that), 1 in Sheffield and 1 in Fleetwood.

So I'm now on 14 after 2 months. Not good as I should be on around 23 to meet my target of 122.

My main new pubs day is Friday if none of the lads are out, when I often go on a trip out of town.

At least one of them has been out every Friday this year so far. They need to stay in more. :D

Maldenman
26-02-2013, 13:11
29 at current reckoning, a better start than last year it must be said.

sheffield hatter
26-02-2013, 13:58
I'm quite impressed that I've done 37 so far, compared with just 20 by the end of February last year. I've the prospect of a few in Stockport to get March off to a good start this weekend, too.

I was actually ahead of Al 10000 with 27 new pubs by 11 February, but his 21 pubs in Fenton and Longton has done for me. I can't keep up with that sort of pace. :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::drinkup::eek::sick:

ETA
28-02-2013, 07:41
32 new pubs in the first 2 months, though I don't really have a target other than to try to do postcodes.

Delboy20
09-03-2013, 10:20
I have had a terrible start to the year with only 2 new pubs in January. Not much on the horizon either so its going to be an uphill struggle this year.

Managed to get into double figures at last ! A trip round Sutton Coldfield has put my total to 10 for the year.

A long way to go yet !

ROBCamra
09-03-2013, 10:40
My main new pubs day is Friday if none of the lads are out, when I often go on a trip out of town.

At least one of them has been out every Friday this year so far. They need to stay in more. :D

They did stay in this Friday, so I went to Chorlton and collected 12 new pubs including 6 with no reviews.

So I'm now up to 26. :cheers:

oldboots
09-03-2013, 19:49
Five today in York, bringing me up to a rather poor 21.

Wild Rover
09-03-2013, 20:32
Only 27 so far but this should be at least doubled by the end of the month with trips to Great Yarmouth,Norwich and possibly Lichfield and Tamworth next Saturday.

Strongers
09-03-2013, 23:18
I’ve exhausted a 20 mile radius around where I live so I’ve been venturing into Kent where I’ve done 63 this year.

gillhalfpint
10-03-2013, 07:55
Just checked, and although I have not been trying really, (I do tend to stick with GBG pubs as I know they will have real ale) I have done 15 new pubs this year so far. Going to get round some next week as caravan goes to a site near Wisbech on Wednesday onto the site where Mile Tree brewery has been installed, so looking forward to sampling some new beers there.

Aiming for a day in Wisbech, March and Kings Lynn, all new to me plus of course a visit to Peterborough so will be very much on Virgin territory for pubs most of the week.

Al 10000
10-03-2013, 12:33
I had a good walk round Fenton and Longton in Stoke on Trent yesterday,this netted me 21 pubs i had never been in before,this brings my new pubs for the year up to 48.

3 more new pubs done yesterday in the Derby area brings my total for this year up to 51,i have also got another pub crawl planned for next Saturday which will hopefully net me between 14 and 18 new pubs.

aleandhearty
11-03-2013, 11:16
If it makes you feel better....I've only managed one new pub so far, this year.

I don't mind being this thread's whipping boy! Still only one new pub this year.

sheffield hatter
11-03-2013, 13:28
I don't mind being this thread's whipping boy! Still only one new pub this year.

Such abstinence [almost] deserves a medal. :notworthy:

Mobyduck
11-03-2013, 18:13
The new pub thing is not my particular mission, not opposed to the idea ,I just haven't been anywhere new yet, so my count is 0. This will change though on the 22nd , never stopped in Leicester before .

aleandhearty
12-03-2013, 13:57
Such abstinence [almost] deserves a medal. :notworthy:

The new pub thing is not my particular mission..

Not quite as grim as it sounds SH. No new pubs doesn't mean no pubs at all! I suspect I'm like Moby, in visiting reliable favourites.

Pubsignman
12-03-2013, 14:19
I've clocked up 63 new pubs so far this year, mainly from picking up the odd one or two here and there, with the exception of a couple of big crawls in January.

Should add one more in Stevenage tonight, a few in Oldham on Saturday before rounding the month off nicely in Leicester. :cheers:

Quinno
12-03-2013, 15:08
15 so far this year. A slow start but that's usual for me as I have loads of local CAMRA branch stuff to do over Xmas and Spring (Ale Trail, GBG entries etc). I've also got 100 left to write up from previous years (Doncaster, Nottingham...) and am making a Concerted Effort to get them done before adding even more! I've also switched jobs so there are less scheduled jollies for me to go out on at the moment (as it'd be rude not to take advantage of a paid-for train ticket, wouldn't it?) :p

bcfczuluarmy
12-03-2013, 21:45
Up to 85 now however I've just updated the list of what I first want to achieve from Glos and Somerset with a couple of Wiltshire ones added and without heading in to Central WSM I've another 102 to do with a few nearer ones to redo from over 10 years ago around Bristol. God help me when I decide to add Bath and it's surrounding locales to the list.

Al 10000
17-03-2013, 14:35
3 more new pubs done yesterday in the Derby area brings my total for this year up to 51,i have also got another pub crawl planned for next Saturday which will hopefully net me between 14 and 18 new pubs.

15 more new pubs to me visited yesterday in the Lutterworth area brings my total new pubs for the year up to 66.

bcfczuluarmy
17-03-2013, 22:48
Now up to 89. 4 New Glos pubs which I'll redo in a few weeks as partner in crime is away skiing. Also found a 3 more pubs in the vicinity not on here so added those, so that's taken the original number up of pubs to do to around 120 as the list stands for the year.

ROBCamra
26-03-2013, 13:28
They did stay in this Friday, so I went to Chorlton and collected 12 new pubs including 6 with no reviews.

So I'm now up to 26. :cheers:

Well over my 2 nights and 1 day in Leicester for the PuG meet up I managed 20 new pubs.

Up to 46 for the year. That's better. :cheers:

Mobyduck
27-03-2013, 18:32
The visit new pubs thing is not a particular mission Iv'e set myself , I do like to discover new pubs and always try to include to include two or three in a planned pub crawl. But I will keep count for interests sake just to see how many I tot up along the way this year, the count before last Fridays Leicester trip was a measly 0, it now stands at 11.

Wittenden
06-04-2013, 23:05
Ten so far this year,though a lot of them are old haunts revisited.(Twenty five actual pub visits,which doesn't seem too adventurous.)It would be grand to have a pub within convenient and regular walking distance...

gillhalfpint
07-04-2013, 06:24
We are up to 29 and visiting a new area this week round Melton Mowbray. Will probably get a day in Nottingham, and have a look round some local villages that are served by bus.

ROBCamra
07-04-2013, 11:17
5 new pubs in Liverpool and a new opening in Rochdale bring me up to 52. :cheers:

Al 10000
07-04-2013, 11:19
15 more new pubs to me visited yesterday in the Lutterworth area brings my total new pubs for the year up to 66.

4 new pubs for me done yesterday,3 crap bars (why do i do these) and a new Spoons brings my new pubs for 2013 up to 70.

Made a mistake,i had already been in the Spoons under and old name so only 3 new pubs done,my new total is now 69.

Bucking Fastard
07-04-2013, 13:51
Now up to 57 but still in familiar boating territory with just a few pubs to tick off.A voyage on The Ashby Canal in May should clock up a lot of new reviews ,haven't been up there for over 20 years.

sheffield hatter
07-04-2013, 18:31
There seems to be a little bit of confusion about what people are counting as "new" in this thread. Looking back at the original thread, there was a little bit of debate about this, and of course everyone is free to set their own targets according to their own definition.

1) There's "new" as in never been in this pub before in my life. Possibly this should include a couple of sub-categories:

1a) never been in this pub before as far as I can recall
1b) never been in this pub before in its present guise (could be simply change of name, or substantial alteration to the building, but not, I would hope, just a lick of paint)

2) There's also "new" as in I've been in this pub before but no one has reviewed it on Pubs Galore so I'm going there to do the first review. Possible sub-category:
2a) I've been in this pub before but no one reliable has reviewed it on Pubs Galore so I'm going there to do the first proper review

3) New this year: I've been to this pub before but it's new to me in 2013. This may have arisen from a misunderstanding of the thread's title: New pubs visited 2013, which I agree could be interpreted this way.

I've been limiting myself to category 1, though I may have counted a couple (one this year, one in 2012) in 1(b), and I couldn't say whether I've counted any in 1(a) by definition;), though there have been a couple of Aha! moments when visiting what I thought was a new pub (so obviously they wouldn't have been counted).:whistle:

As I said before, it doesn't matter who does what, it's not a contest. For what it's worth, I've reached 84 new pubs this year, a total it took me until the end of June to reach last year, so I think I need to slow down a bit. These include one Cat 1(b) and three pubs in France (hors catégorie).:)

Wittenden
07-04-2013, 21:09
There seems to be a little bit of confusion about what people are counting as "new" in this thread. Looking back at the original thread, there was a little bit of debate about this, and of course everyone is free to set their own targets according to their own definition.

1) There's "new" as in never been in this pub before in my life. Possibly this should include a couple of sub-categories:

1a) never been in this pub before as far as I can recall
1b) never been in this pub before in its present guise (could be simply change of name, or substantial alteration to the building, but not, I would hope, just a lick of paint)

2) There's also "new" as in I've been in this pub before but no one has reviewed it on Pubs Galore so I'm going there to do the first review. Possible sub-category:
2a) I've been in this pub before but no one reliable has reviewed it on Pubs Galore so I'm going there to do the first proper review

3) New this year: I've been to this pub before but it's new to me in 2013. This may have arisen from a misunderstanding of the thread's title: New pubs visited 2013, which I agree could be interpreted this way.

I've been limiting myself to category 1, though I may have counted a couple (one this year, one in 2012) in 1(b), and I couldn't say whether I've counted any in 1(a) by definition;), though there have been a couple of Aha! moments when visiting what I thought was a new pub (so obviously they wouldn't have been counted).:whistle:

As I said before, it doesn't matter who does what, it's not a contest. For what it's worth, I've reached 84 new pubs this year, a total it took me until the end of June to reach last year, so I think I need to slow down a bit. These include one Cat 1(b) and three pubs in France (hors catégorie).:)
I count as "new" any pub that I haven't reviewed before on this site. If I update it is due to change of landlord or similar major event.

Bucking Fastard
07-04-2013, 22:26
I count as "new" any pub that I haven't reviewed before on this site.

I work on the same basis,in other words so far this year I have completed 57 first time reviews of pubs that I have not reviewed before.I may have been in some of them in the past,most likely before the internet was invented ;)

gillhalfpint
08-04-2013, 08:16
I like the simple things in life.

A new pub is one I haven't been to before.

If I went to one before I joined this site, and did it again to review it for the site, it would not be a new pub for me. I just change the date visited on my pub stats and my stats are simple to keep up to date with.

Went to the Plough in Kinoulton for the first time yesterday, so new for 2013 is now 30.

RogerB
08-04-2013, 08:37
I haven't been actively trying to do new pubs but have managed 61 so far this year. Sounds a lot until I compare it with this time last year when I was on 126!

aleandhearty
08-04-2013, 11:15
Well, I increased my tally by 100%, on Saturday, when I visited The Cover Bridge Inn, East Witton. Grand total for the year is now two.

Wittenden
08-04-2013, 12:17
Well, I increased my tally by 100%, on Saturday, when I visited The Cover Bridge Inn, East Witton. Grand total for the year is now two.
You lucky s$d!

oldboots
08-04-2013, 12:34

That's your Pub of the Month sorted then :D

Mobyduck
08-04-2013, 19:39
I agree with this approach, which is why I'm still stuck on 11, this is not likely to change this month due to being financially hamstrung (technical term for skint).

aleandhearty
09-04-2013, 11:29
That's your Pub of the Month sorted then :D

:D Indeed. At least it's worth nominating, the only other new pub I've visited this year wasn't up to snuff.

Al 10000
09-04-2013, 16:09
I like the simple things in life.

If I went to one before I joined this site, and did it again to review it for the site, it would not be a new pub for me. I just change the date visited on my pub stats and my stats are simple to keep up to date with.

Went to the Plough in Kinoulton for the first time yesterday, so new for 2013 is now 30.

Ime with gill on this one a new pub is one i have never been in before.

When i found out through this site that a new Spoons had opened in Bingham i thought i would go and do it with out checking properly first,two buses and just over an hour later from my house and i was in it,i thought this was a new pub for me,so i wrote in down in my rough pub book then went on to do some crap bars in West Bridgeford,it was only when i went to write my reviews up that i realised that the new Spoons was the ex Crown Inn,which is the reason i edidited my new pubs post.

If i counted new pubs for new reviews i would have done hundreds of pubs last year and the same this year.

So for me a new pub is a pub not done before.

Delboy20
10-04-2013, 15:12
Managed to get into double figures at last ! A trip round Sutton Coldfield has put my total to 10 for the year.

A long way to go yet !

19 new pubs around Stoke on Saturday brings me up to 29 .... better but not good enough !!!

ROBCamra
14-04-2013, 12:42
2 new pubs in Shrewsbury, 1 in Oldham and 9 in Chester bring me up to 64. :cheers:

No idea where or when the next new one is coming from though. :(

ETA
15-04-2013, 12:57
52 new pubs (to me) as at 31 Mar. Some of these are first time reviews, but I don't have the energy to go to each one and count them.

Rather than set a numerical target, I would like by the end of the year ot have reviewed all the pubs in the SP1-4 postcodes and the ME1, 4,5,7,8,9 and 10 postcode areas (it looks more logical on a map), but it does get a bit frustrating when you cycle 7 miles to a pub to find it isn't open that lunchtime due to a funeral/private party/burst water main/outbreak of ebola or whatever.

Delboy20
16-04-2013, 19:35
19 new pubs around Stoke on Saturday brings me up to 29 .... better but not good enough !!!

2 more new visits in Brum puts me on 31

Al 10000
21-04-2013, 11:32
4 new pubs for me done yesterday,3 crap bars (why do i do these) and a new Spoons brings my new pubs for 2013 up to 70.

Made a mistake,i had already been in the Spoons under and old name so only 3 new pubs done,my new total is now 69.

A visit to Market Deeping and area yesterday netted me another 17 new pubs for the year bringing my total up to 86 for the year.

sheffield hatter
28-04-2013, 20:44
Reached a rather scary 102 with a pub crawl (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/crawl/viewcrawl.php?crawl=1018) around Nottingham today. Hope to slow down a little in the remaining two-thirds of the year.

aleandhearty
03-05-2013, 09:19
An unexpected trip to York on Tuesday enabled me to bag The York Tap* and The Maltings, so now up to six for the year.

*Not a very dignified exit, to be dragged out on your hands and knees, whilst sobbing, by an irate Mrs a&h.

ROBCamra
12-05-2013, 10:15
I was Billy no mates on Friday as we were all going to Halifax Beer Festival on Saturday and the others are lightweights.

So I went back to Chorlton-Cum-Hardy and did 10 more new pubs/bars.

6 of these didn't have photos. They still don't as I didn't take my camera. :rolleyes:

Brings me up to 74 for the year. :cheers:

Al 10000
12-05-2013, 13:22
A visit to Market Deeping and area yesterday netted me another 17 new pubs for the year bringing my total up to 86 for the year.

Had a great day out yesterday in the Banbury and Shipston on Stour areas,this netted me another 18 new pubs for the year bringing my new pubs done in 2013 up to 104.

Delboy20
13-05-2013, 19:46
2 more new visits in Brum puts me on 31

A couple of new pubs in Pershore makes it 33.

The last match of the season this weekend and I have been roped in for a Weekender. The dubious delights of Blackpool on Saturday and on to Wigan on Sunday. Should net me a few new pubs !!

ROBCamra
18-05-2013, 12:19
10 new ones in Atherton yesterday only 1 with a review plus one in Salford on my way back brings me up to 85. :cheers:

Delboy20
24-05-2013, 19:30
A couple of new pubs in Pershore makes it 33.

The last match of the season this weekend and I have been roped in for a Weekender. The dubious delights of Blackpool on Saturday and on to Wigan on Sunday. Should net me a few new pubs !!

Well my weekender got me another 10 so I am now up to 43.

Bucking Fastard
24-05-2013, 21:17
Ticked off a few more around Lichfield,so now up to 80 for the year.Reading is going to be a useful source of new pubs for me,as will a mini crawl around Oxford in a fortnight.

Oggwyn Trench
24-05-2013, 21:31
Ticked off a few more around Lichfield,so now up to 90 for the year.Reading is going to be a useful source of new pubs for me,as will a mini crawl around Oxford in a fortnight.

I may see you around , Mrs Oggwyn and i will be down there for the weekend from the 7th

Bucking Fastard
24-05-2013, 21:40
I may see you around , Mrs Oggwyn and i will be down there for the weekend from the 7th

I will keep an eye open as I drift around Oxford.Pub itinerary not firmed up yet,but it's a Saturday lunchtime/early evening crawl to several 2013 GBG entries.Hope you enjoy your longer stay there.

Quinno
24-05-2013, 22:30
Things have cranked up a notch in the last couple of months - 45 new (or 'as new') by my rough calculation (there are a few I subbed pictures for years ago that I never went in until recently so it isn't as simple as counting the most recent pubs on the My Contributions page!).

My outstanding reviews are down to 59 and if I have a really productive summer I might just make it to 1,750 unique pub reviews by December 31st...:drinkup:

Al 10000
28-05-2013, 15:32
Had a great day out yesterday in the Banbury and Shipston on Stour areas,this netted me another 18 new pubs for the year bringing my new pubs done in 2013 up to 104.

1 more new bar in West Bridgeford brings my new pubs visited up to 105 in 2013.

I will hopefully get 20 plus pubs done in Stoke on Trent this Saturday making my total look a bit more healthy.

sheffield hatter
28-05-2013, 16:27

I will hopefully get 20 plus pubs done in Stoke on Trent this Saturday making my total look a bit more healthy.

I'm up to 130 and should pick up two or three more in Leeds tomorrow. Come on Al, get your skates on!

Al 10000
28-05-2013, 16:39
I'm up to 130 and should pick up two or three more in Leeds tomorrow. Come on Al, get your skates on!

I am trying my hardest Will :eek: but will have to try a bit harder to keep up with you :notworthy:

bcfczuluarmy
28-05-2013, 18:01
180 now but that does include some long overdue revisits ~10 years for some.

Al 10000
02-06-2013, 13:41

21 new pubs for me done yesterday in Hanley and Milton brings my new pubs for the year up to 126.

sheffield hatter
02-06-2013, 16:06
21 new pubs for me done yesterday in Hanley and Milton brings my new pubs for the year up to 126.

I'm sure I've never done as many as 21 pubs in a day, never mind 21 that I've never been in before. :notworthy:

I did just 12 in Leeds on Wednesday, only four of which were new to me. One of these, The Adelphi (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/42581/), was well known to me as the spiritual home of darts, even though I'd never had a drink there before. I mentioned the involvement of a former landlord in the court case that established that darts was not a game of chance (http://www.darts501.com/History.htm), and therefore not banned from licenced premises, while chatting with the barman there, who was totally unaware of the pub's importance in history. This sort of information needs to be remembered and celebrated, and should be part of the training of bar staff in pubs such as this.

Mobyduck
02-06-2013, 16:14
21 pubs in a day ,awsome!

Al 10000
02-06-2013, 16:25
I'm sure I've never done as many as 21 pubs in a day, never mind 21 that I've never been in before. :notworthy:

I used to do more than that in a day a few years back but i have slowed down as i have got older.

I do feel very rough today because my wife sent me a txt while i was on my way back asking me to meet her in the local Spoons with some friends,by midnight i had had another 5 pints of some Navigation beer which i car'nt remember the name of,i wonder why :confused:, but it was a good end to the day.
I do regret it now has i am still ungover :muppet:,hopefully a few home brewed milds will do the trick :drinkup:

Quinno
02-06-2013, 16:30
Looks like yesterday was a bumper PuG day out - I bagged 14 in Hungerford and Kintbury. A fiver's train ticket well-spent!

bcfczuluarmy
02-06-2013, 19:07
If doing numbers like 21 are people drinking pints? I did 19 years ago and had mostly halves but walked a fair few miles doing it. I've done 15 before in town with limited walking from early afternoon to mid evening so guess it's possible if doing a good all dayer.

sheffield hatter
02-06-2013, 19:28
If doing numbers like 21 are people drinking pints? I did 19 years ago and had mostly halves but walked a fair few miles doing it. I've done 15 before in town with limited walking from early afternoon to mid evening so guess it's possible if doing a good all dayer.

I think Al has said elsewhere that he drinks halves on these walkabouts. I don't know how he managed another five pints at the Spoons on top of that.

I had 13 halves in Leeds on Wednesday (two in the Grove (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/42740/) to make up for the Garden Gate (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/42715/) being shut when we turned up in the pouring rain), ranging from 3.2% (a mild) to 5.3% (a dark wheatbeer), plus a random third of a 5.6% pale ale that the barman gave us by way of apologising for a delay in service here (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/79599/), and it seemed rude not to drink it...so I did.

Quinno
03-06-2013, 08:08
Oh yes, usually halves on a crawl where I'm bagging rather than relaxing. Although one of our illustrious members does do pints regardless...:drinkup:

ROBCamra
03-06-2013, 10:38
I tend to plan to do "only" 10 or 11 pubs on a crawl these days.

I also plan to have mainly halves, but I know that this won't happen.

On any 10 pub crawl there's always one or two pubs with a beer selection that makes you have a pint and then maybe another.

So I generally save the halves for fizzy stuff in keg only bars or dodgy Pedigree in dodgy back street/estate pubs.

Mind you ordering a half of Pedigree in an estate pub in e.g. Atherton/Salford/Eccles etc can get you rather more attention than a pint of Carling. :evilgrin:

Al 10000
16-06-2013, 13:46

20 new pubs for me done yesterday in Market Drayton,Newcastle under Lyne and Stoke brings my new pubs done for the year up to 146.

Maldenman
16-06-2013, 13:54
I don't tend to have as many as I used to when out and about these days, not for some well-intended health related reason but more due to the fact that my local train service has no toilets and having a bladder the size of a walnut means I can suffer some uncomfortable journeys home. Come on SW Trains, sort it out!

Al 10000
16-06-2013, 15:38
I don't tend to have as many as I used to when out and about these days, not for some well-intended health related reason but more due to the fact that my local train service has no toilets and having a bladder the size of a walnut means I can suffer some uncomfortable journeys home. Come on SW Trains, sort it out!

Ime not sure how big my bladder is but i had a quick wee at Stoke train station at about 19.25 and did'nt go again till i got home at 21.10 :eek:

bcfczuluarmy
17-06-2013, 19:08
20 new pubs for me done yesterday in Market Drayton,Newcastle under Lyne and Stoke brings my new pubs done for the year up to 146.

Jesus, I did 20 last week but current to year total is 217 local list pubs new/revisited with a fair few outside my goal area that I really should start recording as I've done a probably 60 of those too.

Delboy20
20-06-2013, 18:10
Well my weekender got me another 10 so I am now up to 43.

A day out in Bromsgrove has pushed my total to 55. Roll on the footie season and I can up the pace a bit !!!!!

gillhalfpint
20-06-2013, 19:45
I'm chuffed then as I am not trying and have 53 so far this year.

ROBCamra
02-07-2013, 14:26
A couple of new pubs in Knaresborough, another couple on the outskirts of Rochdale
and one in Sowerby Bridge over the last couple of weeks bring me up to 90. :cheers:

ETA
02-07-2013, 15:03
I'd sort of lost track wth this as I too had stopped trying - but I've clocked up 92 new pubs this year. Frightening really.

Quinno
02-07-2013, 20:56
Things have been cranking up over summer (don't they always?) thanks to two Central Southern Pub of the Year minibus excursions, a few trips to London and a sunny Saturday session in Newbury bringing my 'new or as new' total to approximately 84.

Perhaps 1,750 reviews is do-able by December 31st? Currently on 1551 with just under 60 outstanding reviews to scribe. :bemerry:

Maybe I can then do a RogerB-style challenge to break the 2000 barrier by then end of 2014!

No new pubs on the PuG trip for me though :(

sheffield hatter
02-07-2013, 21:01
1st six months of 2013...163

Symptomatic of something or other, I'm sure. Monomania? Obsessive compulsive disorder? Or just too much time on my hands....

Strongers
03-07-2013, 11:39
I’ve been to about 160 new pubs this year. If things go to plan I should break the 200 mark on the PuG crawl of Reading in a couple of weeks.

Soup Dragon
03-07-2013, 16:08
I’ve been to about 160 new pubs this year. If things go to plan I should break the 200 mark on the PuG crawl of Reading in a couple of weeks.

Not sure how many i have done, as i was out of action for the first 3 months of this year - i am about 4 off completing all of the Wolverhampton pubs and am half way through West Brom now - and yes, i have suffered. The intention is to do all of the Black Country, which of course now includes Reading.

Quinno
03-07-2013, 17:00
The intention is to do all of the Black Country, which of course now includes Reading.

Sadly no Bathams down here despite my pleading.

PaulOfHorsham
03-07-2013, 17:58

Dear God; what kind of a pub crawl have I signed up to??? :eek:

Strongers
03-07-2013, 19:15
Not sure how many i have done, as i was out of action for the first 3 months of this year - i am about 4 off completing all of the Wolverhampton pubs and am half way through West Brom now - and yes, i have suffered. The intention is to do all of the Black Country, which of course now includes Reading.
I have noticed that you have been on a bit of a mission lately… It’s sad to see so many pubs being marked as closed!

Sadly no Bathams down here despite my pleading.
Plenty of WKD though!

Dear God; what kind of a pub crawl have I signed up to??? :eek:I have a couple of sessions planned before the Reading crawl… I’m not a bathtub!!!

Soup Dragon
03-07-2013, 23:01
I have noticed that you have been on a bit of a mission lately… It’s sad to see so many pubs being marked as closed!

Or demolished! And I finished Wolvo tonight - sadly, on a pub that is a restaurant and a closed pub! Oh well, Kingswinford on Sunday - and Bathams (hopefully)!

Strongers
04-07-2013, 00:05
Or demolished! And I finished Wolvo tonight - sadly, on a pub that is a restaurant and a closed pub! Oh well, Kingswinford on Sunday - and Bathams (hopefully)!

I love clicking on a postal town to see every pub photographed and reviewed.. Top man :notworthy:

Soup Dragon
04-07-2013, 08:26
I love clicking on a postal town to see every pub photographed and reviewed.. Top man :notworthy:

I visit the ones that are also marked closed - just in case. Most are still closed, or gone for good now. What can be a problem is if someone adds (and did for wolvo) loads of pubs that have no picture, or review/notes, which were in fact closed and demolished from the Victorian period to the 1960s - lucky i know the area (having once worked there) so many were deleted - and Dave has a list of a few more to do when he gets the time.

Funny though, I was thinking the other day that nobody likely reads my reviews, still, off to Wales at the end of the month, so Quinno and AlanH may take a peek at them!

Quinno
04-07-2013, 09:31
off to Wales at the end of the month, so Quinno and AlanH may take a peek at them!

Which bit?

gillhalfpint
04-07-2013, 09:50
I visit the ones that are also marked closed - just in case. Most are still closed, or gone for good now. What can be a problem is if someone adds (and did for wolvo) loads of pubs that have no picture, or review/notes, which were in fact closed and demolished from the Victorian period to the 1960s - lucky i know the area (having once worked there) so many were deleted - and Dave has a list of a few more to do when he gets the time.

Funny though, I was thinking the other day that nobody likely reads my reviews, still, off to Wales at the end of the month, so Quinno and AlanH may take a peek at them!

I love to find I am following you to a pub, as I can then read your review and know it is so good and descriptive I don't need to add a lot!! I don't like to go round and find pubs on my list closed, which is why I do tend to stick to good beer guide ones in a town, and look in others while passing if I have time.

Soup Dragon
04-07-2013, 10:01
Which bit?

Aberaeron - which i know you will know!

Soup Dragon
04-07-2013, 10:01
I love to find I am following you to a pub, as I can then read your review and know it is so good and descriptive I don't need to add a lot!! I don't like to go round and find pubs on my list closed, which is why I do tend to stick to good beer guide ones in a town, and look in others while passing if I have time.

Thanks Gill

Quinno
04-07-2013, 13:03
Aberaeron - which i know you will know!

Some of my most damning reviews were about a few pubs there. And some of my most complimentary! http://aberpubs.blogspot.co.uk/

Soup Dragon
04-07-2013, 13:07
Some of my most damning reviews were about a few pubs there. And some of my most complimentary! http://aberpubs.blogspot.co.uk/

And Mrs Soup has just contacted me saying she has received an email to the effect that the cottage was already booked - :mad:

Al 10000
07-07-2013, 12:24

22 new pubs done yesterday,16 in Mexborough and 6 in Swinton brings my new pubs done in 2013 up to 168.

Al 10000
14-07-2013, 17:35
22 new pubs done yesterday,16 in Mexborough and 6 in Swinton brings my new pubs done in 2013 up to 168.

6 new pubs done yesterday in Clay Cross and area brings my new pubs done for the year up to 174,i have now done all pubs in Clay Cross over the years and was surprised how much decent real ales were in the pubs.

sheffield hatter
15-07-2013, 14:10
6 new pubs done yesterday in Clay Cross and area brings my new pubs done for the year up to 174

Eight in Reading brought me up to 172. Otley next week should get me a few more.

gillhalfpint
16-07-2013, 17:49
Just updated everything to end of June, and found my new pub total is 60.

Mobyduck
16-07-2013, 19:24
I am now up to the impressive total of 22 (totally brand new virgin pubs never been in in my life before) unfortunately one thanks to the Reading trip I have no real recollection of at all, another is a bit Hazy , there are apparently witnesses but do they count? :nishelypished:

Aqualung
16-07-2013, 21:34
I am now up to the impressive total of 22 (totally brand new virgin pubs never been in in my life before) unfortunately one thanks to the Reading trip I have no real recollection of at all, another is a bit Hazy , there re apparently witnesses but do they count? :nishelypished:

Of course it counts! I've actually been to 4 new non-spoons in the last month or so, which would be 5 but I vaguely recall going to the E5 Crooked Billet donkey's years ago when it was a Watney's pub. I expect I was confused or drunk at the time and tried some hideous keg abomination.

I have to admire AL 10000's spirit in visiting so many pubs which only sell (in his own words) crap. I won't go to one that I expect to sell just widely available brands let alone keg only. I was toying with the idea of paying the Victoria in Loughton a visit, but after seeing A&H's list of beers in his recent review, I think I'll give it a miss. I'm fairly sure that I've been here before when it was a Bass Charrington house.

Quinno
16-07-2013, 23:35
Latest stats update for overall unique pub reviews 600+ that I know about...

Alan Winfield 3864
Strongers 2642
JAQPAIO 2346
Soup Dragon 2243
John McGraw 1834
Quinno 1570
Rex Rattus 1300
Peter Ashworth 1232
RogerB 1222
RobCAMRA 1086
Oldboots 1030
Steve of N21 905
Maldenman 872
Blackthorn 853
Pubsignman 844
James Joinies 831
Real Ale Ray 794
Bucking Fastard 786
ETA 732
Hondo 713
Will Larter/Sheff Hatt 695
Phillip Carter 672
Clive Thompson 609
Gill Smith 600

gillhalfpint
17-07-2013, 08:37
I usually just go into Good Beer Guide pubs, but have got a lot of new ones down here not in but selling decent ale. I only count pubs I have never been in before, but must have a drink in them to count them, so if no real ale, it doesn't get counted, and that has included some Spoons where I drink Mocha if there's nothing worth having on the bar.

Al 10000
18-07-2013, 14:44
I have to admire AL 10000's spirit in visiting so many pubs which only sell (in his own words) crap. I won't go to one that I expect to sell just widely available brands let alone keg only.

If i go to a new town i do like to do all pubs in that town regardless of what beers are on the bar,because i enjoy doing pubs i have not been in before,i sometimes find some hidden jems that nobody else has reviewed like i did in Clay Cross,this pub had 12 pumps on the bar all from micro's.

Also when more picky members on this site look at a town i have been to,they will have good idea about all pubs in that town and what beers were on the bar at the time of my visit.

I was'nt being horrible by saying picky,it is each to their own on what pubs they do.

Mobyduck
18-07-2013, 19:08
If i go to a new town i do like to do all pubs in that town regardless of what beers are on the bar,because i enjoy doing pubs i have not been in before,i sometimes find some hidden jems that nobody else has reviewed like i did in Clay Cross,this pub had 12 pumps on the bar all from micro's.

Also when more picky members on this site look at a town i have been to,they will have good idea about all pubs in that town and what beers were on the bar at the time of my visit.

I was'nt being horrible by saying picky,it is each to their own on what pubs they do.
I think you do a good job Al ,I have had a week off this week and decided to get on my bike and do a few pubs within 10 miles from me that didnt have reviews or photos on the site.I have been in them all before in the past ,but may have been 20/25 years ago ,most were crap then so not been back,but doing my bit for Hampshire I did a few, I would say probably 80% are still crap but a couple did surprise me and come up trumps. I am picky normally so I appreciate your efforts and couldnt do what you do on a regular basis. Well done.

bcfczuluarmy
18-07-2013, 21:23
~250 now, new pubs and long term revisits at 299 in Bristol area, add other area pubs I've not counted as not in local I'd say ~290.

Aqualung
18-07-2013, 22:21
If i go to a new town i do like to do all pubs in that town regardless of what beers are on the bar,because i enjoy doing pubs i have not been in before

I have sort of been in a situation like that as in CAMRA early days a group of us used to tramp around obscure parts of East London trying to find pubs to add to the Real Beer in London publication. If we found a pub with no handpulls then we just used to walk out and I would add that Smoothflow is probably better than the top pressure cask or full blown keg that was the only alternative.

The only success that sticks in my mind was the Earl of Beaconsfield in E13 that had handpulled Charrington's IPA, although I don't recall it being that good. It's obviously long gone as it isn't even shown as a closed pub on this site!!

Quinno
18-07-2013, 22:39
If we found a pub with no handpulls then we just used to walk out!

The less (or more?) militant wing of http://www.beerintheevening.com/user_profile.shtml?username=Stus.search.4.mild :D

Soup Dragon
19-07-2013, 07:26
Stus.search.4.mild[/url] :D

The great Stu! It is why i always put MILD in capitals.

Mobyduck
19-07-2013, 07:34
The only success that sticks in my mind was the Earl of Beaconsfield in E13 that had handpulled Charrington's IPA, although I don't recall it being that good. It's obviously long gone as it isn't even shown as a closed pub on this site!!
http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/london/e13_plaistow_earlofbeaconsfield.html

Aqualung
19-07-2013, 20:29
http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/london/e13_plaistow_earlofbeaconsfield.html

Thanks Moby, I had stumbled across that. My only recollection of the place was that it was a completely typical Charrington's back street boozer.

ROBCamra
26-07-2013, 13:15
Trips to Derby, Chester, Burscough, Wigan and a couple of nights out in the newer or more unusual pubs in Manchester bring me up to 123. :cheers:

Al 10000
28-07-2013, 14:21
6 new pubs done yesterday in Clay Cross and area brings my new pubs done for the year up to 174,i have now done all pubs in Clay Cross over the years and was surprised how much decent real ales were in the pubs.

16 new pubs for me done yesterday in the Market Deeping and Bourne areas brings my new pubs done for the year up to 190.

sheffield hatter
02-08-2013, 21:13
16 new pubs for me done yesterday in the Market Deeping and Bourne areas brings my new pubs done for the year up to 190.

I was hoping to hit 200 by the end of July, but on Sunday a visit to this pub (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/43116/) in Sheffield found it unfortunately closed and for sale, then on a cycle tour near Leek on Tuesday I arrived here (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/69912/) at 6.30 to find that the pub sadly did not open until 7, and frustratingly found this pub (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/73436/) being refurbished, leaving me only enough time to reach 199.

bcfczuluarmy
02-08-2013, 21:50
As of today I'm at 333, it includes a few long term revisits but seems to be somewhat ahead of most. Although things are set to slow down somewhat for the rest of the year as my sidekick has had enough of my OCD pub mission.

New goal is to complete all of Bristol County within a 2 year period.

Al 10000
06-08-2013, 16:39
I was hoping to hit 200 by the end of July, but on Sunday a visit to this pub (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/43116/) in Sheffield found it unfortunately closed and for sale, then on a cycle tour near Leek on Tuesday I arrived here (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/69912/) at 6.30 to find that the pub sadly did not open until 7, and frustratingly found this pub (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/73436/) being refurbished, leaving me only enough time to reach 199.

I did the Crown when it was a Wards tied house,but have not done the other two pubs.

I keep trying to do new pubs but dont seem to be catching up with you.

Al 10000
15-08-2013, 15:18

4 new pubs and bars done in Derby yesterday brings my new pubs done for the year up to 194.

A crawl round Birmingham on Saturday should add over 20 more pubs to that total.

Al 10000
18-08-2013, 13:55
4 new pubs and bars done in Derby yesterday brings my new pubs done for the year up to 194.

A crawl round Birmingham on Saturday should add over 20 more pubs to that total.

Had a good day out yesterday in Birmingham,this netted me another 22 new pubs for the year,bringing my total new pubs done this year up to 214.

Delboy20
19-08-2013, 17:29
A day out in Bromsgrove has pushed my total to 55. Roll on the footie season and I can up the pace a bit !!!!!

A good day out at the Arsenal has got me to 71. At this rate I'll be lucky to make 100 this year.

Strongers
20-08-2013, 14:20
I had a bit of a bumper haul during my trip up to Manchester and North Wales.
I also managed a few in Olympia and Brook Green before visiting the GBBF on Friday. Some of these I have visited before, but that was in the 90s long before I started reviewing pubs.

I’m on approx. 245 at the moment. Things are going to be quiet for a while as I have no upcoming plans, except Leeds in November which is looking like a goer.

Bucking Fastard
24-08-2013, 22:36
130 for me so far this year,and now up to 800 reviews which was my target at the beginning of the year.Four months to crack on ,which includes a weeks boating in Shropshire,Wrexham UA and Denbighshire UA .That should boost the total.Not to mention the PuG Leeds adventure.

ROBCamra
30-08-2013, 15:05
5 more new ones in Sheffield and one at Manchester Airport brings me up to 129. :cheers:

Al 10000
08-09-2013, 15:00
Had a good day out yesterday in Birmingham,this netted me another 22 new pubs for the year,bringing my total new pubs done this year up to 214.

Another 22 new pubs done yesterday in the Wath and Wombwell areas brings my new pubs done for the year up to 236

ROBCamra
16-09-2013, 14:30
I was Billy-No-Mates on Friday, so I went for a look at a couple of new bars in Manchester plus quite a few others that I've not done before.

Brings me up to 141. :cheers:

oldboots
16-09-2013, 14:42
With a week in the Midlands I've managed to get into three figures at last, now on 131. Problem is I can't remember what no 131 was, hopefully Soupy will tell me :D

Soup Dragon
16-09-2013, 15:05
Wellington Hotel, Squire. Before that the Craven, Victoria and POV. You, of course, did about 28 others before I arrived.

Al 10000
16-09-2013, 15:28
Another 22 new pubs done yesterday in the Wath and Wombwell areas brings my new pubs done for the year up to 236

1 new pub done in Ilkeston on Saturday brings my total for the year up to 237.

oldboots
16-09-2013, 16:30
Wellington Hotel, Squire. Before that the Craven, Victoria and POV. You, of course, did about 28 others before I arrived.

I though it must have been but I don't think it lived up to its reviews as I have a vague recollection of drinking half a Carling in there :sick:

Just about to add the reviews of the new pubs. I think only I did 7 in the Jewellery Quarter :confused:

Soup Dragon
16-09-2013, 16:38
I though it must have been but I don't think it lived up to its reviews as I have a vague recollection of drinking half a Carling in there :sick:

Just about to add the reviews of the new pubs. I think only I did 7 in the Jewellery Quarter :confused:

I had a pint of Thwaites Original, Squire - I can't honestly remember what you had - I know what I had, as I kept tasting it as I ran back to catch the train!

Delboy20
16-09-2013, 19:46
A good day out at the Arsenal has got me to 71. At this rate I'll be lucky to make 100 this year.

A couple of trips to Smethwick and Aldridge brings me to 81 for the year.

sheffield hatter
18-09-2013, 11:38
Four new ones for me in Luton last night bring my total for the year so far to 253.

Al 10000
29-09-2013, 15:23
1 new pub done in Ilkeston on Saturday brings my total for the year up to 237.

I had a great day out in Sheffield yesterday which netted me another 21 new pubs,this brings my total for the year up to 258.

gillhalfpint
29-09-2013, 15:47
After looking up pubs in York without reviews, and a great Saturday out with a local CAMRA coach trip in Worcestershire, my total is up to 80.

sheffield hatter
29-09-2013, 22:30
I had a great day out in Sheffield yesterday which netted me another 21 new pubs,this brings my total for the year up to 258.

Nearly, Al - but not quite! My visit to Woking with Luton Town this week took me to 259...

ROBCamra
30-09-2013, 06:53
A couple of new ones in Todmorden and 4 more on my walk into Littleborough for the beer festival brings me up to 147. :cheers:

Delboy20
30-09-2013, 19:31
A couple of trips to Smethwick and Aldridge brings me to 81 for the year.

Finally visited the Canalside Cafe by Broad Street - it seems to have taken years to call in. Add that to the Rep bar ( desperate I know !!) and the new Cherry Reds and I am now on 84

bcfczuluarmy
06-10-2013, 09:45
32 last week after a trip round the Warwick Ring, could've been more but didn't really do any planning.

Year total over 300 now with over 500 pubs visited with revisits.

Soup Dragon
16-10-2013, 16:59
Thanks to Dave......

After last year, i am enjoying the pub trips again now and getting through them at a pace. Is it possible to tell how many reviews (site visits!) i have done this year - just for interest (even though I bet 25% were closed/demolished)?

I make it 716 pubs reviewed in 2013 so far. And because I was curious I checked to see how many are closed and it is 185 (25.8%) - so that was a damn good guess on your part.

I think some were catch-ups from the previous year, but i am reasonably confident that i have been to 650 pubs, open closed, or demolished, in 2013

ROBCamra
17-10-2013, 12:09
8 more pubs on our trip to Burton, not bad considering that all the beer was free in the CAMRA lunch and the beers were all champions.

Still managed to drag myself away though. :p

Now up to 155. :cheers:

sheffield hatter
17-10-2013, 22:13
Went exploring in Derbyshire yesterday - some of the villages between Ripley and Alfreton where not many pubs have been previously photographed. Had to shelter from the rain in a couple that were open - The Greenhill Tavern (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56758/) and The Thack (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/6595/) - bringing me to 288 new pubs for the year. Lichfield this Saturday before the Luton game at Tamworth will get me into the 290s, so 365 for the year is beginning to look like the target I should have set myself if only I had been a target-setting type.

sheffield hatter
19-10-2013, 23:08
Lichfield this Saturday before the Luton game at Tamworth will get me into the 290s.

Slightly overdid things with eight pubs in Lichfield before the game and five more in Burton-on-Trent after, taking my total to 301. Well, we did win 4-3, so excess was the name of the game.

Al 10000
20-10-2013, 18:02

A trip to Oakham and villages nearby,plus a couple of pubs in Melton Mowbray yesterday netted me another 18 new pubs for the year,bringing my total for the year up to 276.

Delboy20
21-10-2013, 19:47
Finally visited the Canalside Cafe by Broad Street - it seems to have taken years to call in. Add that to the Rep bar ( desperate I know !!) and the new Cherry Reds and I am now on 84

3 more ( Cherry Reds in Kings Heath, Hazelwell and the Dogpoo Hotel ) takes me to 87. Creeping along to the 100 mark !!

oldboots
22-10-2013, 07:31
Lanquishing on 141, I should at least get the 2 new pubs in York this Saturday and a few more in Keighley on Sunday but I can't see me getting much past 150 this year.

hondo
22-10-2013, 07:42
Lanquishing on 141, I should at least get the 2 new pubs in York this Saturday and a few more in Keighley on Sunday but I can't see me getting much past 150 this year.

looking forward to the reviews of the new pubs in York

hondo
24-10-2013, 05:56

"The Hop is a huge space, split into three sections. First, a bustling bar area"
http://www.yorkvision.co.uk/lifestyle/review-the-hop/18/10/2013

Al 10000
25-10-2013, 16:39
A trip to Oakham and villages nearby,plus a couple of pubs in Melton Mowbray yesterday netted me another 18 new pubs for the year,bringing my total for the year up to 276.

A few pubs done in Hucknall yesterday but only one new to me, a micro pub brings my total for the year up to 277,i car'nt see me doing many more new pubs this year,i was hoping to get past the 300 mark.

Wild Rover
25-10-2013, 17:36
A few pubs done in Hucknall yesterday but only one new to me, a micro pub brings my total for the year up to 277,i car'nt see me doing many more new pubs this year,i was hoping to get past the 300 mark.
A mere 207 so far this year. Should notch a few up this week and by the end of the year expecting around 250 or thereabouts

sheffield hatter
27-10-2013, 18:16
Just back from a few days' holiday, cycling in the Welsh Marches (Shropshire/Powys/Herefordshire) - managed to pick up 20 new pubs to bring my total up to 321. Also photographed quite a few previously photoless pubs in Powys & Herefordshire - hope they'll be enough to get those two counties into the top half of the table (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/photos-counties.php).

ROBCamra
03-11-2013, 10:46
A Friday night visiting some Manchester bars that I never go in plus

A trip to Leamington Spa/Warwick/Gloucester yielded 28 new pubs, so I'm now on 183.:cheers:

I don't think there will be many more this year though. :(

gillhalfpint
16-11-2013, 09:33
A day in London was really a trip to go round the Houses of Parliament, but the organiser took us round 4 Heritage Pubs which were not in the Good Beer Guide, and they were new ones for us, so my total for 2013 is now 84.

ROBCamra
16-11-2013, 09:50
Billy-no-mates last night so went to Bury Beer Festival in the afternoon.

Then had a crawl round some Bury bars that I hadn't done before and then 5 more in Heywood on the way back.

Another 10 new pubs, so I'm on 193.

Despite not having a target this year I'm very tempted to find a way to get to 200 now. :cheers:

Bucking Fastard
16-11-2013, 11:06
An enjoyable voyage up the Ashby Canal has netted quite a few new ones and my total for the year so far is 184,based on the number of new reviews.The Leeds PuG crawl will bring in a few more,but 200 might be a struggle with the boat on very familiar territory,unless I pop down to Cov and am prepared to be brave.;)

sheffield hatter
17-11-2013, 22:25
Reached 340 with a few new pubs in Chester prior to the Luton Town game there yesterday. In danger of massively exceeding my recently imposed target of one-per-day for the year. :eek:

Luckily I've been to all the pubs on the forthcoming Leeds PuG meet-up. ;)

gillhalfpint
26-11-2013, 15:47
A day in London was really a trip to go round the Houses of Parliament, but the organiser took us round 4 Heritage Pubs which were not in the Good Beer Guide, and they were new ones for us, so my total for 2013 is now 84.

That was 94 not 84, and with Leeds and Cheltenham visits this past week I have got to 100. If someone had said I could do that many new ones in a year, I wouldn't have believed it!

ROBCamra
28-11-2013, 10:36
Well the Leeds crawl yielded a mere 3 new pubs for me bringing me up to 196.

No new pubs this weekend as I'm not Billy No Mates on Friday.

I'll have to get inventive and focused to get the extra 4 needed for my 200. :cheers:

sheffield hatter
28-11-2013, 22:05
Luckily I've been to all the pubs on the forthcoming Leeds PuG meet-up. ;)

Accidentally went in three new ones on the Leeds crawl last Friday: Cross Keys, Red Lion and Ship Inn. On Tuesday before the game in Luton I went to The Painters Arms (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/1280/), which brings me to 349. I've got seven pubs in Cockermouth (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/cockermouth-town-centre/cumbria/) planned for December, as well as half a dozen in Bawtry (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/areas/bawtry/south-yorkshire/), so I really need to slow down if I'm not going to go way over my 365 target.

One of my drinking mates reckons that the reason he's not a beer ticker is that if your favourite beer in the whole world is on the bar, but there are five new beers too, you have to "tick" the five rather than drinking your favourite. That's a little how I feel after doing all these "new" pubs this year, so in 2014 I'm going to relax and visit some old favourites. Any "new" pubs that I come across will be ticked, of course, but I'll not go out of my way to get them.

Or at least, not so far out of my way.

Soup Dragon
29-11-2013, 12:53
so in 2014 I'm going to relax and visit some old favourites. Any "new" pubs that I come across will be ticked, of course, but I'll not go out of my way to get them.

No chance, Will - you will be drunk under a table on John Smith's Smooth cr*p on Jan 2nd!

Al 10000
01-12-2013, 12:04

1 new pub done last week in Sawley,plus a trip out yesterday in the Kettering/Corby area netted me another 15 pubs,this brings my new pubs done this year up to 293.

Al 10000
08-12-2013, 16:38
1 new pub done last week in Sawley,plus a trip out yesterday in the Kettering/Corby area netted me another 15 pubs,this brings my new pubs done this year up to 293.

A train trip to Stone yesterday,did all pubs in Stone plus a few nearby netted me another 15 new pubs for the year,i also forgot to add the Sawley pub,so 16 more pubs to my total brings my new pubs for the year up to 309.

ROBCamra
15-12-2013, 13:04
3 new ones in Manchester on Friday bring me up to 199.

I'm sure I'll find at least one more from somewhere. :p

Bucking Fastard
15-12-2013, 15:05
Managed to pass through 200 new ones last week,with a couple in Rugby and a bar at the top of Centre Point which I never imagined would be on PuG.

Delboy20
19-12-2013, 16:12
3 more ( Cherry Reds in Kings Heath, Hazelwell and the Dogpoo Hotel ) takes me to 87. Creeping along to the 100 mark !!

A good weekend in Liverpool has got me there.... Added to a couple in Walsall and my total stands at 104 for the year.

Can't see many more being added now. It will have to improve next year !

oldboots
19-12-2013, 17:00
The opening of the Harrogate Tap means I have moved up to 173, that visit will probably net the BOTW as well.

gillhalfpint
19-12-2013, 17:22
I have really surprised myself having 105 new pubs in 2013. Thought that was an end for this year, but we are going to Cambridge on Sunday, passing through but will visit a few I expect. 14 GBG pubs there and I have only been to 6 of them in past years.

Pubsignman
19-12-2013, 20:55
Thought that was an end for this year, but we are going to Cambridge on Sunday, passing through but will visit a few I expect. 14 GBG pubs there and I have only been to 6 of them in past years.

This place looks like it might be worth a peek as well - it's not been reviewed yet either!

https://twitter.com/pintshop

Pint Shop (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/81023/)

gillhalfpint
19-12-2013, 21:45
This place looks like it might be worth a peek as well - it's not been reviewed yet either!

https://twitter.com/pintshop

Pint Shop (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/81023/)

Not sure which area we will be in, as we are with someone who is calling into Cambridge on the way to Chelmsford, so not sure what our free time will be, but noted.

Maldenman
20-12-2013, 08:18
139 to date, I was hoping to pass through the 1000 review barrier this year but it was not to be.

Quinno
20-12-2013, 11:38
195 based on an unscientific head count. Chuck in another five or so that have been refurbed/rejigged significantly and it's basically 200 for the year, not including the usual 10 or so over Xmas...(off to Leicester tomorrow so will try and do a few new ones then rather than defaulting to my particular faves).

Delboy20
22-12-2013, 08:12
A good weekend in Liverpool has got me there.... Added to a couple in Walsall and my total stands at 104 for the year.

Can't see many more being added now. It will have to improve next year !

Added a new one on "Black Friday" ( or break up day if you prefer ! ). The Union in Kingswinford. Been bothering me for years as I tried to visit a couple of times but always found it closed. 105 now......

bcfczuluarmy
22-12-2013, 11:20
Done some maths and new ones equate to 347 but visited pubs this year which includes revisits and reopenings equal 655 in the UK. Still a week and a bit to go so possibly get new ones to 360. There may be a couple of others visited but I've not counted them.

Make that 350 I'm off out to do these.

Hunters Lodge (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/65251/)
Queen Victoria Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/65252/)
The Wookey Hole Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/57851/)

I should really try and get it to 365 maybe I'll be at 353 tomorrow.

sheffield hatter
24-12-2013, 17:50
Just back from the Lake District where I picked up 12 new pubs, including four which need to be added to PuG (two hotels with public bars in Borrowdale which I wanted to check out before adding them to the site, and two totally unexpected new bars in Penrith that I stumbled upon while trying to find shelter from the persistent hail). My total for the year now stands at 368.

bcfczuluarmy
27-12-2013, 22:34
At 360 now with revisits up to total of 680 and planning on going to Spain for new year so need to try and get a few in on route to Portsmouth and while waiting for the boat.

ETA
30-12-2013, 19:19
Total new pubs for 2013:196
Total reviews for 2013: 234
Total pubs reviewed on PuG: 839

Hopefully will reach the 1000th pub reviewed around September at the current rate. Slow but steady

Happy 2014 to all, and who knows, I might even make GBBF or a PuG crawl this year.

ROBCamra
31-12-2013, 11:01
3 new ones in Manchester on Friday bring me up to 199.

I'm sure I'll find at least one more from somewhere. :p

The OCD card got played yesterday in Manchester and the one I required was The Whiskey Jar (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/81196/) :o

I even had to have a pint of Becks. :sick:

Now finished the year on 200. :cheers:

By the way I think I've got CDO. Which is OCD with the letters in alphabetical order like they BLOODY WELL SHOULD BE. :evilgrin:

hondo
31-12-2013, 11:19
The OCD card got played yesterday in Manchester and the one I required was The Whiskey Jar (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/81196/) :o

I even had to have a pint of Becks. :sick:

Now finished the year on 200. :cheers:

By the way I think I've got CDO. Which is OCD with the letters in alphabetical order like they BLOODY WELL SHOULD BE. :evilgrin:

:)

Wittenden
31-12-2013, 17:50
Confessions of a lightweight:
83 pub visits.
34 "new" pubs,including those visited prior to joining PUG.
106 different beers.
69 individual breweries.
If we lived within realistic walking distance my "visits" tally would be increased, but perhaps not the score for breweries and individual beers.

london calling
31-12-2013, 19:11
Confessions of a lightweight:
83 pub visits.
34 "new" pubs,including those visited prior to joining PUG.
106 different beers.
69 individual breweries.
If we lived within realistic walking distance my "visits" tally would be increased, but perhaps not the score for breweries and individual beers.

On my mammoth pub crawl around London on sat I saw 223 different beers from 124 brewers.No I did not sample them all. cheers john

sheffield hatter
31-12-2013, 21:26
My total for the year now stands at 368.

Went in a couple of new pubs in Worksop - more or less by accident. Finished the year on 370.

Mobyduck
31-12-2013, 22:18
Its not been an aim of mine but when on a pub trip I do like to try and include a couple of newbies although only managed one new on yesterdays solo jaunt in London and by my reckoning that made it a meagre 40, maybe I will try harder next year but I'm not likely to become obsessed with the idea .

Wittenden
01-01-2014, 01:30
On my mammoth pub crawl around London on sat I saw 223 different beers from 124 brewers.No I did not sample them all. cheers john
Glad to hear it! London is obviously a lot better than when I last spent any time there!

trainman
01-01-2014, 01:53
Went in a couple of new pubs in Worksop - more or less by accident...
Hic! :p

gillhalfpint
01-01-2014, 10:25
We managed a new Holden's pub in Dudley for lunch yesterday, and brought our total to 110 for 2013. Seeing as I didn't think we would get many as we mainly aim for GBG pubs, I am amazed (to use the IN buzzword!!) to know we have been in that many new ones.

Delboy20
01-01-2014, 11:35
Added a new one on "Black Friday" ( or break up day if you prefer ! ). The Union in Kingswinford. Been bothering me for years as I tried to visit a couple of times but always found it closed. 105 now......

A crawl round the outskirts of Wednesbury got me up to 113 for the year. Not as many as I had hoped but not too bad.

Should do better this year. Already planned an overnighter in Cardiff, another one in Swansea, a week on the Isle of Wight and a week near Newquay. Lots of scope there for new pubs !!

bcfczuluarmy
01-01-2014, 14:38
Finished the year on 370.

After doing 10 on route to and in Portsmouth on Sunday, I also got to 370 although I think I did more as some pubs weren't recorded in the early part of the year.

Bucking Fastard
02-01-2014, 11:02
Managed 209 for the year,with a Xmas trip to the Isle of Wight helping to swell the total at the end of 2013.

For 2014 the main aim is to get up to 1,000 reviews,but this will require a few PuG outings and boating visits to Warwick and Leamington Spa,then to lots of unvisted pubs in the nether reaches of the Birmingham Canal Navigations .A weeks holiday in West Yorkshire returning via The Rochdale with some quality ale oop north,should get the total to the magic figure.

ROBCamra
02-01-2014, 11:04
A weeks holiday in West Yorkshire returning via The Rochdale with some quality ale oop north,should get the total to the magic figure.

Drop me a note when you're getting near to The Baum BF.:p

Bucking Fastard
02-01-2014, 11:31
Drop me a note when you're getting near to The Baum BF.:p

Will do,very appropriate if that's the 1,000th review.

Pubsignman
02-01-2014, 23:49
I managed to visit 259 pubs that I'd never been to before this year - four more than I managed in 2012.

I've got nothing planned for January, so I expect to be off to a slow start this year, although February and March are pretty much fully booked already.

Strongers
08-01-2014, 13:11
I had a quiet few months last year and as a result I only managed 276 new pubs during 2013. I was hoping to bag 365, so I was a long way off my target.

I did a lot more travelling last year with trips to the west and north so my list of pubs looks a little more interesting than the usual reams of Sussex/Kent/London taverns.

Al 10000
09-01-2014, 16:42
I managed to do 307 new pubs for me in 2013,quite pleased with that amount,i would have liked to have done just over the 365 barrier,the will was there but the funds were lacking.

Wild Rover
09-01-2014, 17:16
Last years total was 228 which I am hoping to improve on this year although January will be a low total as I am out of the country for 2 weeks

oldboots
09-01-2014, 17:32
Finished the year on 175, I might try for 200 next year but so far I've notched up 0

Quinno
09-01-2014, 22:50
Finished the year on 175, I might try for 200 next year but so far I've notched up 0

GBG selection and POTY time, always a lack of new pubs until March :D

oldboots
10-01-2014, 07:20
GBG selection and POTY time, always a lack of new pubs until March :D

Don't forget the price survey as well, :)