PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Ticket Sale

rpadam
13-12-2012, 20:33
For anybody interested in a cheap trip to 'Auld Reekie' (or several other ECML destinations):

http://eastcoast.co.uk/sale3

Bucking Fastard
14-12-2012, 08:20
Thanks for the alert,that's an attractive offer.

hondo
18-01-2013, 09:56
"from 09.00 on Friday 18 January to 00.00 on Monday 21 January, for travel on Saturday’s and Sunday’s from 26 January until 24 March, inclusive of the half term holidays."
http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/about-us/press-release/2013/east-coast-offers-last-minute-getaways-for-less/

Aqualung
18-01-2013, 19:43
On the subject of cheap tickets, are people aware of the Southern Railway Day Saver Ticket?

It costs £14 and will take you anywhere you like on the Southern Railway network. That means London to Ashford International via Lewes and across to Southampton. The whole area between South East and South West trains is Southern so there's a lot of scope.

The tickets are available on Weekdays but there are Peak time restrictions.

Compared to the cost of a Day Return it's a real bargain. I believe they are only available on line and a minimum of a week in advance.

trainman
19-01-2013, 09:59
On the subject of cheap tickets, are people aware of the Southern Railway Day Saver Ticket?

The tickets are available on Weekdays but there are Peak time restrictions.

I can't believe I didn't know about this ticket! Also valid weekends and for a group of up to 4 for just £28. Even just, say, London>Brighton, that's a great deal for the fast train.

trainman
10-03-2013, 09:40

Used one of these yesterday, £28 for 4 of us to travel anywhere on Southern network. Victoria-Brighton-Shoreham-Southwick-Fishersgate-Brighton-Victoria, ran out of steam before the Lewes leg.
Would strongly advise anyone making a booking to collect their actual ticket a few days in advance, as Southern didn't recognise the collection code they'd emailed me!
Sorted in the end after a couple of phonecalls, but don't know what ether the booking disappeared into for a while...

Aqualung
10-03-2013, 09:48
Would strongly advise anyone making a booking to collect their actual ticket a few days in advance, as Southern didn't recognise the collection code they'd emailed me!
Sorted in the end after a couple of phonecalls, but don't know what ether the booking disappeared into for a while...

I think you have to order these a week or more in advance and there is an option to have them sent by first class post. That's how I've got all of my Southern tickets and they have 100% arrived the next working day.