PDA

View Full Version : Another one !!!

Delboy20
19-02-2010, 20:09
Hi all,

Here is another story for Hoppy - http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/local/your_community/st/stourbridge/4886288.Wetherspoons_complete_Stourbridge_centre_d ouble/

From what I have been told today the existing Lloyds bar - The Edward Rutland will become a normal spoons and Chicagos will be a Lloyds bar. It makes sense as Chicagos is designed for it with dancefloors etc...

They are taking over !!!!

Cheers,

Del. :avfc: :avfc: :avfc: :avfc:

hopwas
20-02-2010, 09:14
Hi all,

Here is another story for Hoppy - http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/local/your_community/st/stourbridge/4886288.Wetherspoons_complete_Stourbridge_centre_d ouble/

From what I have been told today the existing Lloyds bar - The Edward Rutland will become a normal spoons and Chicagos will be a Lloyds bar. It makes sense as Chicagos is designed for it with dancefloors etc...

They are taking over !!!!

Cheers,

Del. :avfc: :avfc: :avfc: :avfc:

Oh great... :moremad:

Allow me explain.. The Edward Rutland I will be visiting on this Tuesday is Lloyds no 1, right? However when new JDW opens then The Edward Rutland becomes "normal" JDW while new JDW becomes "Lloyd".

That means I will have to visit The Edward Rutland TWICE.. one for Lloyd and one for "normal" I know it sounds crazy but I have a rule for my pub crawls, if a pub has changed hands but the staff or its name stays the same and I still have to visit.

Best example.. The Star, Burntwood. I have visited it millions of times when it was freehouse but when it changed hands to Ember Inn and it becames "unticked" pub. I had to visit The Star in last Jan again and ticked it off as Ember Inn pub. Bit like Football clubs moving to new grounds (i.e Derby County, Sunderland, Wembley etc)

Hope this makes sense to you! :D

Hoppy

RogerB
20-02-2010, 10:12
Hope this makes sense to you! :D
Hoppy

Not really but if it works for you, who are we to complain. :D

It's all about bricks and mortar to me. A pub is a pub no matter whether it changes hands, name, beers, staff or whatever. If I've been there, I've been there and if I choose to return depends on where it is, past experiences or the significance of the changes but it will still be just the one pub in my book. The football ground analogy doesn't tie in with me - if a club physically moves ground then it is a brand new ground. Building 4 new stands on the old ground doesn't make it a new ground to me.

hopwas
20-02-2010, 10:24
Not really but if it works for, who are we to complain. :D

It's all about bricks and mortar to me. A pub is a pub no matter whether it changes hands, name, beers, staff or whatever. If I've been there, I've been there and if I choose to return depends on where it is, past experiences or the significance of the changes but it will still be just the one pub in my book. The football ground analogy doesn't tie in with me - if a club physically moves ground then it is a brand new ground. Building 4 new stands on the old ground doesn't make it a new ground to me.

True.. But then everyone has their own rules including me. Call me Obsessive compulsive disorder if you like :D but once the pubs has changed hands then I treat the pub as "new". I guess I can be fussy when this comes up!

I should point out this only applies to changing of pub chain ownership and pub name.

Oggwyn Trench
20-02-2010, 11:04
True.. But then everyone has their own rules including me. Call me Obsessive compulsive disorder if you like :D but once the pubs has changed hands then I treat the pub as "new". I guess I can be fussy when this comes up!

I should point out this only applies to changing of pub chain ownership and pub name.

I think i know what you mean , the Bulls Head , Wrockwardine Wood has just changed breweries (its now Black Country) and has a new landlord , a sucsession of previous landlords have kept the superb bar (late 19th century , engraved windows and fantastic tiling) closed , its now reopen and the focal point of the pub , plus 10 handpulls . It is like a new pub