PDA

View Full Version : SIBA Great Northern Beer Festival

realalerules1983
27-10-2012, 22:47
Hi folks!
Anyone else been to the beer festival held at the Mercure Hotel, Portland Street, Manchester this weekend?

If so what was your favourite ale?

Also it's just a personal observation but me and my mates found it a tad boring. i.e. no music or live bands.

It would have been ok during the afternoon but a Friday night warrants some music/entertainment in my humble opinion.

Regards
realalerules1983

ROBCamra
28-10-2012, 09:23
Hi folks!
Anyone else been to the beer festival held at the Mercure Hotel, Portland Street, Manchester this weekend?

If so what was your favourite ale?

Also it's just a personal observation but me and my mates found it a tad boring. i.e. no music or live bands.

It would have been ok during the afternoon but a Friday night warrants some music/entertainment in my humble opinion.

Regards
realalerules1983

I was there on Friday evening from about 5 - 9.

Favourite beer was Blackedge IPA, but it still won't win my BOTW.

It's a strange festival in my opinion and was exactly the same last year.

However there were six of us meeting up there, a couple of which I hadn't seen for a few months, so it was fine for us.

We'll be at Bury next week as well..............:p

realalerules1983
30-10-2012, 21:32
Think I'm working this Saturday so will be unable to make it. Is it the one at the Bury Met?

The Angel in Manchester has come on leaps and bounds recently. Had a truly awesome pint of raspberry blonde by Saltaire the other week! :0)