PDA

View Full Version : Forum awards

Quinno
14-10-2012, 08:50
Anyone know how to switch these off?

I keep getting forum notifications (seemingly every second day) telling me I've been awarded/given back something. It's annoying because I only want the notifications box to tell me something useful (eg a PM). If I ignore it the damn thing doesn't go away until I click on it. And to compound my annoyance I don't know what the notification is about unless I click on it anyway! :moremad:

Is it just me being a grump or do others find it annoying!?!?

Rex_Rattus
14-10-2012, 10:28
I see that all the awards have now gone. And there was I striving to get to 5,000 experience points and cut off in my prime!!

No, I didn't find it annoying, but then I only ever got one award, and I "gave it back" after a couple of days or so.

Quinno
14-10-2012, 10:44
I see that all the awards have now gone. And there was I striving to get to 5,000 experience points and cut off in my prime!!

Bloody hell that was quick. I hope I don't get lynched!

Rex_Rattus
14-10-2012, 11:18
Bloody hell that was quick. I hope I don't get lynched!
Don't worry mate, I can live with it!

Al 10000
14-10-2012, 16:09
Anyone know how to switch these off?

I keep getting forum notifications (seemingly every second day) telling me I've been awarded/given back something. It's annoying because I only want the notifications box to tell me something useful (eg a PM). If I ignore it the damn thing doesn't go away until I click on it. And to compound my annoyance I don't know what the notification is about unless I click on it anyway! :moremad:

Is it just me being a grump or do others find it annoying!?!?

I think i only ever got one award and i was really chuffed about it :D,now there will be no more chances for me to get one more award which i was really striving for :p oh well !

I did look at the experience page and always wondered who Ronaldoroo was and how he had managed to get so high up the table with out doing any posts:confused:

Who is Ronaldoroo:confused:

Quinno
14-10-2012, 16:19

A cross between a greasy Portuguese footballer and a well-renowned Australian marsupial.

Al 10000
14-10-2012, 16:23
A cross between a greasy Portuguese footballer and a well-renowned Australian marsupial.

I walked straight into that one.

Mobyduck
14-10-2012, 16:57
I think i only ever got one award and i was really chuffed about it :D,now there will be no more chances for me to get one more award which i was really striving for :p oh well !

I did look at the experience page and always wondered who Ronaldoroo was and how he had managed to get so high up the table with out doing any posts:confused:

I would look at the experience page to see who Ronaldoroo is but its not there. :mad: