PDA

View Full Version : Help needed to id pub (Nottingham)

Quinno
06-10-2012, 15:49
Hi all, the photo below I am pretty certain was taken on the November 2011 Nottingham crawl. Can anyone id it? the numbering on my camera says it was at the Newshouse but there are no distinguishing features and I was quite squiffy at that point so can't recall too much!

Al 10000
06-10-2012, 18:39
Hi Quinno,

I dont think that is the News House,the room looks more like a lounge and if this was in the News House with the camera facing the bar the busy canal street should be to the right,it looks to me like a corridor linking one room to another on the right of the picture.

If you put i list of all pubs you went in in Nottingham on that day i might be able to help you out,i was down there today doing the odd pub or bar i hav'nt been in plus going in some of my more regualar haunts.

Sorry i could'nt sort this one out for you straight away.

Quinno
06-10-2012, 20:51
Cheers Al

Newshouse
Fellows Morton & Clayton
Ye Olde Salutation Inn
Bell Inn
Sir John Borlase Warren
Organ Grinder
Hand & Heart
The Round House
Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem
Canalhouse
The Vat & Fiddle
The Company Inn (Lloyds No. 1)

ROBCamra
07-10-2012, 08:59
Cheers Al

Newshouse
Fellows Morton & Clayton
Ye Olde Salutation Inn
Bell Inn
Sir John Borlase Warren
Organ Grinder
Hand & Heart
The Round House
Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem
Canalhouse
The Vat & Fiddle
The Company Inn (Lloyds No. 1)

I've been in all those pubs many times including once since the crawl and it doesn't look like any of them to me.

The type of decor is similar to the Sir John Borlase Warren, but the bar seems wrong for there.

Are you sure you didn't have a cheeky half somewhere else? :p

gillhalfpint
07-10-2012, 12:48
How about the Ropewalk that is near the Organ Grinder. We went in there, and a few of you joined us later there.

Gill

Al 10000
07-10-2012, 14:30
I've been in all those pubs many times including once since the crawl and it doesn't look like any of them to me.

The type of decor is similar to the Sir John Borlase Warren, but the bar seems wrong for there.

Are you sure you didn't have a cheeky half somewhere else? :p

I used to go in most of the pubs on that list weekly and have been in them this year,it is definatly not the Sir John Borlase Warren or any others on that list.

I have been thinking about most city centre pubs and none seem to come to mind,though gills suggestion about the Ropewalk could be it,as i have only been in this a few times and am not that sure about the inside of it.

ROBCamra
08-10-2012, 19:24
I used to go in most of the pubs on that list weekly and have been in them this year,it is definatly not the Sir John Borlase Warren or any others on that list.

I have been thinking about most city centre pubs and none seem to come to mind,though gills suggestion about the Ropewalk could be it,as i have only been in this a few times and am not that sure about the inside of it.

I don't think it's The Ropewalk. No twigs!! :p