PDA

View Full Version : Drakes, Maidstone

Strongers
03-10-2012, 11:21
Does anyone know if Drakes is a brewery or pub co?

I visited this pub (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/16310/)last week and noted the name as being the Cork and Cask. I then found that it is listed as Drakes on here so I checked the pub pictures and discovered that it is called the Cork and Cask, and it looks like Drakes is the owner.
I then checked other websites and they all list this place as either Drakes or Drakes Cork and Cask.

ROBCamra
03-10-2012, 11:44
Definitely not a brewery as it's not listed in the GBG2013 breweries section and Beermad doesn't list it either.

Strongers
03-10-2012, 14:22
I think I will rename it Drakes Cork and Cask as it must be known locally as Drakes.

rpadam
03-10-2012, 21:07
I think I will rename it Drakes Cork and Cask as it must be known locally as Drakes.
It's been called Drakes for as long as I can remember, but does also have "Cork and Cask" on the signage (in the same way that some others have "Bar + Grill" or "Pub & Dining Rooms", etc.).

Strongers
04-10-2012, 20:38
It's been called Drakes for as long as I can remember, but does also have "Cork and Cask" on the signage (in the same way that some others have "Bar + Grill" or "Pub & Dining Rooms", etc.).

Ok, I've decided to leave it as is.