PDA

View Full Version : Techno Corner

Strongers
16-09-2012, 17:02
I’ve been going through my pub contributions page correcting the map locations for some time now. I have 85 pages and it can be a real chore scrolling through to the middle pages every time I resume my task.
I discovered today that the page number of the contribution page is at the end of the address bar and the wanted page can be jumped to by editing this page number in the address.

Many of you probably already know this, but I would have saved a lot of time if I had known.

Al 10000
16-09-2012, 17:23
I too have that problem going through my pages looking for pubs that i have missed adding photos of,but what you have just said Strongers has gone right over my head as i dont understand what you are talking about.
So i will have to carry on going through my pages untill i find one with a missing photo :confused::confused::confused:

Strongers
16-09-2012, 19:21
I’ll try to explain as it will save you a lot of time and isn’t very complicated.

1. Go into ‘my contributions’
2. Click to open page two of your list of pub contributions

In the top left hand corner of your screen you will find the address bar which will say something along the lines of:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=&page=2

You can then change the ‘2’ at the end of the string to the page number you want to jump to.

Press enter.

sheffield hatter
16-09-2012, 19:27
I know what you mean! I was a bit flummoxed at first, but if you go to where all your contributions are listed it soon becomes clear.

When you click on your name anywhere in Pubs Galore (a review or a photo), a new page opens which is Page 1 of all your contributions. On my page, it shows [1] 2 3 ... 106 107 108. To get to, say, page 45 would take a lot of clicking. What Strongers is saying is that at the top of the page is the address. In my case it is: http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=sheffield+hatter&page=1. To get to page 45 just change the 1 at the end of the address to 45: http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=sheffield+hatter&page=45. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. Hey Presto! It's Page 45!

Sorry Strongers. I see you've already replied.

Note to self: Must type faster in future.

Wittenden
16-09-2012, 23:37
I’ve been going through my pub contributions page correcting the map locations for some time now. I have 85 pages and it can be a real chore scrolling through to the middle pages every time I resume my task.
I discovered today that the page number of the contribution page is at the end of the address bar and the wanted page can be jumped to by editing this page number in the address.

Many of you probably already know this, but I would have saved a lot of time if I had known.
I didn't know that I had a pub contributions page. Joking aside, it would be good for us technophobes to have an easily locatable idiot's guide to simple IT tasks. Recently some clever soul went into great detail as to how one does links saying the pub's name , rather than the actual computer jargon. Naturally I have forgotten what to do, or how to find out.

Al 10000
18-09-2012, 18:42
I’ll try to explain as it will save you a lot of time and isn’t very complicated.

1. Go into ‘my contributions’
2. Click to open page two of your list of pub contributions

In the top left hand corner of your screen you will find the address bar which will say something along the lines of:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/userinfo.php?name=&page=2

You can then change the ‘2’ at the end of the string to the page number you want to jump to.

Press enter.

Thanks for that Strongers,

It is amazing what you can do if you know how

Al 10000
19-09-2012, 17:38
I didn't know that I had a pub contributions page. Joking aside, it would be good for us technophobes to have an easily locatable idiot's guide to simple IT tasks. Recently some clever soul went into great detail as to how one does links saying the pub's name , rather than the actual computer jargon. Naturally I have forgotten what to do, or how to find out.

Hi Wittenden,

Go to Requests and look for the thread saying How do you edit profile,some very helpfull forum members explained how to link a pub to a post on about the sixth post.

As a fellow technophobe i eventually unerstood how to do it.

If there are things you dont know how to do on this forum or site ask on the Requests forum,i have always had lots of help with all of my problems.

I

Wittenden
19-09-2012, 20:56
Hi Wittenden,

Go to Requests and look for the thread saying How do you edit profile,some very helpfull forum members explained how to link a pub to a post on about the sixth post.

As a fellow technophobe i eventually unerstood how to do it.

If there are things you dont know how to do on this forum or site ask on the Requests forum,i have always had lots of help with all of my problems.

I

Thanks!