PDA

View Full Version : Beer of the Week (w/e 12th August 2012)

ROBCamra
01-08-2012, 11:58
Hopefully something excellent from Capitol Brewing or Chophouse brewery in Washington. :cheers:

hondo
09-08-2012, 07:18
Raw Brewing Company Hop Pole

Alesonly
10-08-2012, 13:41
First and only Ale I've had since the start of the Olympics Friday before last is Abbots Reserve. I'm Hopping to get some in tonight when I Finnish but it will be all Keg or London Pride as its the only place still open when I Finnish at 23.00 till 02.30 Its better than nothing after 14 days dry the first one wont touch the sides :glass::glass::glass::glass::glass::glass::glass:: glass::glass: at least. So Ale of the week goes to Abbot Reserve unless something better turns up tomorrow. :D It did not only Doom Bar & Pride so Abbot Reserve still stands.

Mobyduck
10-08-2012, 23:12
I had made my mind up after my day out today in Oxford with a simply sublime pint of White Horse Village Idiot, but got back for a couple of liveners in my local , when on comes a new beer from Darkstar ,Ardennse Pale, excellent ,5.8 % full of flavour.I am now going to have to make my mind up after a couple more tomorrow. ;)

Mobyduck
12-08-2012, 07:56
Beers this week-
Skinners Betty stogs
Triple fff Pressed Rat and Warthog
Triple fff Alton's Pride
Whitehorse Village Idiot
Whitehorse Saracen IPA
Thwaite's Wainwright
Nicholsons Pale Ale (St Austell)
Brakespeare's Oxford Gold
Rooster Yankee
Greene King Old Golden Hen
Beowulf Chasewater
Green Duck Brewing Puddled Duck
Darkstar Ardennes Pale

A decent selection and I am struggling to separate the Village Idiot and the Ardennes Pale both 10/10 perfection both BOTW
if I have to choose one on the toss of a coin its.......... Whitehorse Village Idiot drunk in the splendid Royal Blenhim Oxford:cheers:

Spinko
12-08-2012, 08:37
Peerless - Hilbre Gold

Oggwyn Trench
12-08-2012, 09:43
A good couple of nights drinking for me

Wentworth - Lemonale
Empire - Pennine Pilsner
Greenfield - Team GB
Yorkshire - Lavender Blonde
Tower - Gone for a Burton
Ironbridge - Blond
Morton - Penkside Pale
Stonehouse - Sunlander
Slaters - Haka
Ironbridge - IPA
Ministry of Beer - Fools Gold
Lymestone - Stone the Crows
Gwynt y Ddraig - Dog Dancer (Cider 6.6%)

BOTW Stonehouse - Sunlander

Bucking Fastard
12-08-2012, 12:20
Yet another modest week,so not a lot to choose from.BOTW goes to Springhead Maid Marian ,I got the slightly orange sweetness then the dry finish so it proved an interesting drink kept well in The White Horse,Wareside.

Real Ale Ray
12-08-2012, 15:12
Great choice this week after a visit to Newcastle and Durham:

Northumberland - Ale'ympics
Farne Island - Farne Island Bitter
Wylam - Magick
Wylam - Turbinia
Tyne Bank - Mounument Bitter
Tyne Bank - Single Blonde
Jarrow - Maggie's Back
Hadrian & Border - Grainger Ale
Rudgate - Marathon
Cullercoats - Jack the Devil
Mordue - Geordie Blues

and many, many more :nishelypished: difficult choice, but BOTW goes to Jarrow Maggie's Back tried in this beautiful pub The Maltings (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/52681/)

oldboots
13-08-2012, 21:14
A bit of a mixed bag this week but I have to say the quality was generally mediocre,

Yorkshire Heart JRT
Treboom Kettle Drum
Woodlands Mild
Theakstons Best Bitter
Old Mill Nellie Dean
Goose Eye Black Moor
Castle Rock Screech Owl
Copper Dragon Golden Pippin
Mithril London Calling
Black Sheep Bitter
Copper Dragon Golden Pippin
York Peacocks Pride
Leeds Pale
Kirkstall Dissolution IPA
Bath Gem
Magic Rock Rapture
Stringers No 2 Stout
Saltaire Raspberry Blonde

A few were extremely good but Kirkstall Dissolution IPA just beats the Magic Rock, the Bath Gem was easily the worst but that was the pub's fault not the beer so no BABOTW nomination.

Millay
13-08-2012, 22:37
As I've been chasing it around the Rock this week it's going to be Bushy's Gibraltar Barbary Beer

aleandhearty
16-08-2012, 19:25
Well this week's choice was easy - Fullers London Pride. It was the only beer I drank this week. An old college friend had a fiftieth birthday bash, in Essex, and got a firkin in. Fortunately, it was fresh as a daisy and after a swift gallon, or so, I was transported back to the early 1980s when I used to drink it on the roundabout, outside The Warrington, in Maida Vale. Ah, memories.

Pubsignman
26-08-2012, 21:21
I'm just catching up on a few threads, having returned from my summer holiday in South Africa. I only managed one beer this week but thankfully it was a decent one - Salopian Kashmir - an American Pale Ale which reminded me somewhat of Dark Star Revelation. A good beer to finish on before two weeks of drinking Castle and Windhoek Lager.