PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood & Harrogate Beer Festivals - anyone going?

ROBCamra
18-02-2010, 15:36
Having just got back from York we're off to Fleetwood for the beer festival on Saturday (it's a hard life).

Hoping to meet up with gillhalfpint there.

We'll also be at Harrogate the following Saturday as I believe will Gill. Anybody else going?

oldboots
18-02-2010, 16:01
We'll also be at Harrogate the following Saturday as I believe will Gill. Anybody else going?

Well as it's only down the road and the bus stops right outside I suppose I ought to go to Harrogate, do you think there will be any ale left by Saturday?

ROBCamra
18-02-2010, 16:07
Well as it's only down the road and the bus stops right outside I suppose I ought to go to Harrogate, do you think there will be any ale left by Saturday?

I believe there usually is on Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't try it on the evening though.

oldboots
18-02-2010, 16:10
There's always Hales and the Winter Garden nearby and it's not far to the Old Bell if the festival runs out.

ROBCamra
19-02-2010, 10:14
There's always Hales and the Winter Garden nearby and it's not far to the Old Bell if the festival runs out.

We're eating in the restaurant upstairs at the Old Bell on Friday night. It's always been good.

ROBCamra
22-02-2010, 15:09
Having just got back from York we're off to Fleetwood for the beer festival on Saturday (it's a hard life).

Hoping to meet up with gillhalfpint there.

Well we're back from Fleetwood and my liver is saying "Thanks for the rest" after a night off the beer last night.

We "came of age" at Fleetwood as this was our 21st consecutive year at the beer festival.

We arrived about 12:45 and met up with gillhalfpint as planned (nice lady). Gill had already been to the festival on the Friday and had managed to get through 15 halves. I suspect a similar amount were collected on the Saturday.

I managed to get through a dozen halves before we headed off for something to eat and a pub crawl round Fleetwood.

Wandered back to the hotel at midnight with a silly smile on and went out like a light for 8 hours. A good day. :nishelypished:

No more beer festivals until Saturday now :(

Jules67
16-05-2011, 17:54
yes should be a good do.There is a gang of us from Todmorden going this weekend but we are staying loyal & local for spring bank,looking forward to Fox & goose in hebden bridge ,allways a good`un and glad that they are back on track again.Allways lots of good festivals to do locally this weekend .
KEEP ROUTING FOR YOUR LOCALPUBS ,They may become a thing of the past if we are not carefull.A bit like your local corner shop & post office and sadly our churches which are being sold for housing etc.