PDA

View Full Version : Fuller's Wild River

Farway
30-07-2012, 13:19
I am not a big fan of Fuller's since they took over Gales, nor am I a fan of straw [wee] coloured beer

However praise where it is due, my new local The Spotted Cow (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/14107/) [see thread on what's your local, old one is now Tesco] as well as standard HSB, pride & Chiswick now has Wild River (http://www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp?id=109) on draught which I find very pleasant & refreshing

I do not find the £3.50 price tag as pleasant or refreshing :eek:

Any on else tried it?

Pubsignman
30-07-2012, 13:54
I've tried it - I thought it was pretty good, maybe needs a bit of tweaking. I like the fact that Fuller's are doing something a bit different to a lot of the other big family brewers and I hope we see a few more beers along these lines in the future.

My pint set me back £3.90 :eek: :eek:

Bucking Fastard
30-07-2012, 14:47
I had a pint at lunchtime in The Doric Arch and thought it was very good,it caries the 4.6% well.I don't really like Discovery which I find too thin,this is a much better stab at a golden ale by Fullers.£3.70 did make me wince.

Could this be a session beer ? My usual test is ,if you want a third pint ,and it goes down faster than the two that proceed it you could be on a winner.It may be worth giving this a go next time I come across Wild River,as long as I am feeling flush.

Mobyduck
30-07-2012, 15:26
I am not a big fan of Fuller's since they took over Gales, nor am I a fan of straw [wee] coloured beer

However praise where it is due, my new local The Spotted Cow (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/14107/) [see thread on what's your local, old one is now Tesco] as well as standard HSB, pride & Chiswick now has Wild River (http://www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp?id=109) on draught which I find very pleasant & refreshing

I do not find the £3.50 price tag as pleasant or refreshing :eek:

Any on else tried it?

I too am not a fan of Fullers, London Porter aside,but I do like "wee coloured beers" (is this something I should be worried about?) I haven't tried it but will give it a go if it crops up.

Farway
30-07-2012, 15:37
I too am not a fan of Fullers, London Porter aside,but I do like "wee coloured beers" .

At least is same colour out as in, sort of cuts out the "middle man" colour filtering

PS seems my £3.50 pint is a bargain going by prices posted so far

gillhalfpint
30-07-2012, 16:10
We found the Kings Cross Fullers pub over the top price wise earlier this year. Will look for the Wild River in the Old Joint Stock when we get into Birmingham to do the rounds later this week.

Rex_Rattus
30-07-2012, 16:18
I had a pint in the Partridge (£3.70 a pint) at Bromley recently and found it a very refreshing drop of ale. I saw it advertised in another Fuller's pub today at £3.20 a pint, but was told it had just finished!

Millay
30-07-2012, 18:18
I had a pint at lunchtime in The Doric Arch .

You're not still here are you? I am in here now. I was going to get my train but the Wild River is on so I suppose I should give it a go. The things I do for PuG !!

Millay
30-07-2012, 18:37
Just got myself a pint, pulled by 7 year old Chloe (the beer not me!!) who is helping out behind the bar. BF it should have been £3.80 as I paid £3.23 with my 15% loyalty discount . I agree it's a pretty good beer and quite refreshing. If I was in an 'ordinary' Fullers pub I opt for this again.

PaulOfHorsham
30-07-2012, 19:21
Hmmmm, wasn't so impressed myself, as I found it more bitter and not as hoppy as I'd expected. I suppose I should give it another go, although it won't be in The Sanctuary (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/56661/), as they're charging £4.05 :eek: - consider yourselves duly warned on that!

aleandhearty
31-07-2012, 12:35
...maybe needs a bit of tweaking.

...I found it more bitter and not as hoppy as I'd expected.

The above comments sum up my thoughts, pretty much. When you consider it's double hopped with a blend of Cascade, Chinook, Williamette and Liberty, you'd expect a bit more oomph.

Ossett still seem to have a reciprocal trading agreement with Fullers, as their beers feature heavily on the pumps. I tried it, on Sunday afternoon, in the Fernandes Tap and paid around £2.90.

Bucking Fastard
31-07-2012, 22:04
You're not still here are you? I am in here now. I was going to get my train but the Wild River is on so I suppose I should give it a go. The things I do for PuG !!

Sadly I was only in for lunch with my son after watching the Badminton at the Wembley Arena in the morning,and oops sorry about quoting the wrong price,it must have been the shock.

RogerB
01-08-2012, 11:01
I must live in the only town within 50 miles of Chiswick not to have a Fullers pub, in fact Fullers are hardly represented at all out my way. Even Pride is a rarity! Fullers are so ridiculously expensive that I'm a bit loathe to visit the central London ones where £4 a pint is now the norm rather than the exception. That said, I'll keep an eye out for this newby as it sounds like it's right up my street.