PDA

View Full Version : Craft Beer Company... Brixton

trainman
24-07-2012, 07:09
Allegedly due to open mid-Sep at the site of the Hive, Station Rd.
Not convinced that the Craft operation and Brixton are ready for each other...

Mobyduck
28-08-2012, 22:35
Allegedly due to open mid-Sep at the site of the Hive, Station Rd.

http://www.whosjack.org/craft-beer-co-comes-to-brixton/

hondo
30-08-2012, 12:32
"Join us on Friday 28th September"
http://thecraftbeerco.com/2012/08/lets-get-the-brixton-party-started/

Gann
30-08-2012, 14:07
Oh God,

That means I might have to dust off the old passport and go south of the river...

aleandhearty
31-08-2012, 18:24

The Times magazine, a few Saturdays ago, did a feature on how the foodies have invaded Brixton market, so the timing seems pretty good to me. (Bloody nice recipes as well. The butter bean and rosemary hummous is to die for.)

trainman
02-09-2012, 16:19
[I] The butter bean and rosemary hummous is to die for.)
I couldn't find a s/t recipe but came across one from 2010, coincidentally linking to Brixton, which included tahini(?). Well, i have a bag of butter beans somewhere, and rosemary in the garden...
I was surprised at the mention of competition from Crown & Anchor as I go past there most days on the bus and didn't even know of the pub. I got off for a couple friday night and found my inaugural Redemption Big Chief, £3.70, and also tried half a Kernal IPA (7.2%), £2-10. Whilst in wacky boho mood, I also ordered 3 starters/bar bites ~£5 each. It's not that pubby, open brickwork stylee, but a pleasing line of handpumps, some stronger kegs, and good value strong ciders (£4). I suppose if that Kennington Oakham outlet opens this could make a decent triangle in a surprising area...

aleandhearty
02-09-2012, 16:28
I couldn't find a s/t recipe but came across one from 2010, coincidentally linking to Brixton, which included tahini(?). Well, i have a bag of butter beans somewhere, and rosemary in the garden...

I suppose if that Kennington Oakham outlet opens this could make a decent triangle in a surprising area...

Will send you the full recipe as a PM if you want. My elder daughter starts uni in London at the end of the month and her hall is near Borough Market, so the Kennington Oakham outlet will be on my list. Did you ever get to the Mallinsons night at the Cask & Kitchen? Didn't hear anything at the time.

Wittenden
02-09-2012, 19:36
[QUOTE=aleandhearty;48156 ....near Borough Market...[/QUOTE]

Handy for The Rake, eh?

trainman
02-09-2012, 19:43
Will send you the full recipe as a PM if you want. My elder daughter starts uni in London at the end of the month and her hall is near Borough Market, so the Kennington Oakham outlet will be on my list. Did you ever get to the Mallinsons night at the Cask & Kitchen? Didn't hear anything at the time.
Yes, I'd appreciate the recipe to give it a go Andy, thanks.
Don't think the Oakham gaff will be open this year, never mind by end of month, but Borough Market area sounds ok place for halls.
Didn't make Cask on meet the brewer night, but next day I think, when I shared a table with PoH over some Mallinsons for an hour or so.

PaulOfHorsham
02-09-2012, 19:56
Didn't make Cask on meet the brewer night, but next day I think, when I shared a table with PoH over some Mallinsons for an hour or so.

The beer slipped down all too easily, if I remember correctly.

aleandhearty
03-09-2012, 14:10
Handy for The Rake, eh?

Absolutely. Along with two others on my to do list - The Royal Oak and The Wheatsheaf. If I'm feeling generous, I might even give The Market Porter another chance.

The beer slipped down all too easily, if I remember correctly.

Glad you enjoyed them. Definitely one of my favourite breweries. (Plus oldboots' and ROBCamra's, come to that)