PDA

View Full Version : Yatton bar should it be added?

bcfczuluarmy
22-07-2012, 18:06
Was out finishing Congresbury today but The Plough Inn (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/553/) was shut so thought let's hit Yatton. Stumbled on http://www.theclubandspabristol.co.uk/the-lounge Would this be classed as a pub, signage alterted us to a bar so I'd say yes but given it could be classed as a hotel unsure whether to add it.

Thoughts?

oldboots
22-07-2012, 20:30
Without opening that particular can of worms, can you go in just for a drink without buying a meal or paying an entrance charge? If yes then it's pretty much a "pub". Stick it on and warn people what it's like in the review.

Strongers
22-07-2012, 21:46
It sounds horrendous, but if their criterion agrees with what OB said above it has just as much right to be on here as any other bar.

Mobyduck
23-07-2012, 05:42
Without opening that particular can of worms, can you go in just for a drink without buying a meal or paying an entrance charge? If yes then it's pretty much a "pub". Stick it on and warn people what it's like in the review.

It sounds horrendous, but if their criterion agrees with what OB said above it has just as much right to be on here as any other bar.

I agree with the above ,but it does open up the way for any hotel,seaside B&b's etc with bars open to non residents however tiny they are. Not really pubs.A can of worms indeed.

Blackthorn
23-07-2012, 11:21
I had a very pleasant pint of Thatcher's Gold there a year or so ago, sat out on the patio with great views across the valley.

It didn't really occur to me to add it though, since I was only there for a meal. Technically it probably meets the criteria, but it's not really what most people would consider a pub, and certainly passing by on the road it looks like a hotel at the end of a long drive, so it's unlikely to attract any passing punters who fancy a pint. It may have changed since I was there though, that was before MPW took over the restaurant.

Strongers
23-07-2012, 12:41
I agree with the above ,but it does open up the way for any hotel,seaside B&b's etc with bars open to non residents however tiny they are. Not really pubs.A can of worms indeed.

Living here in Eastbourne there are countless hotel bars that could be added and I’ve not been in one that will only serve residents.What I decided to do was limit them to hotel bars that have advertisements outside that welcome non-residents. These places tend to have a larger bar area and wider choice of beverage than those that don’t advertise.

bcfczuluarmy
26-07-2012, 19:00
It fits the criteria and further research shows there is 3 bars on site all open to the public. Think I'll leave adding it to here and just add to my list. Need to go and do the other 2 now. I'll make sure it's not my round when I go....

Millay
26-07-2012, 19:53
My usual answer to these things is yes you should add it but only if you personally think it should be added and that you personally have been there AND will post an informative review. If you think it's worth it don't worry too much about 'protocol'.

hondo
27-07-2012, 05:42
My usual answer to these things is yes you should add it but only if you personally think it should be added and that you personally have been there AND will post an informative review. If you think it's worth it don't worry too much about 'protocol'.
well said

bcfczuluarmy
29-07-2012, 14:52
I had a very pleasant pint of Thatcher's Gold there a year or so ago, sat out on the patio with great views across the valley.

Not lying about the view.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/bcfczuluarmy/Uploads%20via%20Pixelpipe/20120722_160001.jpg

Farway
29-07-2012, 16:03
Living here in Eastbourne there are countless hotel bars that could be added and I’ve not been in one that will only serve residents.What I decided to do was limit them to hotel bars that have advertisements outside that welcome non-residents. These places tend to have a larger bar area and wider choice of beverage than those that don’t advertise.

Much same here regarding Southsea, I have not bothered to add all the hotels /B & Bs that are open to walk in off the street drinkers, just too many and impossible to keep up to date, and many are really just small bar with I guess bottled beer / lager anyway

Mobyduck
29-07-2012, 18:59
Not lying about the view.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/bcfczuluarmy/Uploads%20via%20Pixelpipe/20120722_160001.jpg
Good view, but is it a pub?