PDA

View Full Version : SuperBru Premier League Prediction Game 2012/13

Millay
20-07-2012, 06:20
The new season is still a few weeks away but I thought I'd set up the Pubs Galore pool early so that everyone can join and get used to the new SuperBru site now that it has taken over from SportGuru. There have not been many changes and it looks and works much like the old SportGuru site did. All of your existing games and historic information should have transferred over.

Our pool has been set up and players of previous games should have got a automatic invite. If not, or for any new players, the code to join is GOBISOAR.

Here's a link to the SuperBru site http://www.superbru.com/epl/

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers
Clive

hondo
20-07-2012, 06:27
signed up and already made my selections

734 Back of the Net

Millay
20-07-2012, 06:32
That was impressive Hondo. I noticed that you managed to join even before I posted this thread.

I'll also set up the Fantasy Football league again soon for those who wish to play.

hondo
20-07-2012, 06:37
That was impressive Hondo. I noticed that you managed to join even before I posted this thread.

I'll also set up the Fantasy Football league again soon for those who wish to play.

received an email and had already made selections for other pools

Mobyduck
20-07-2012, 19:20
I seem to be up and running

Delboy20
20-07-2012, 19:40
Count me in - I might as well put my 38 Villa win predictions in now !!!

ROBCamra
20-07-2012, 23:25
Count me in - I might as well put my 38 Villa win predictions in now !!!

27 of them wrong. :evilgrin:

Strongers
20-07-2012, 23:39
27 of them wrong. :evilgrin:

I was going to say 30!:evilgrin:

Delboy20
21-07-2012, 08:31
I think you are both being generous
:D:D

Millay
09-08-2012, 11:29
Someone called Stephan Le Roux (Sportsfan) has just applied to join our pool. Is he known on here? Please reveal yourself if you are Stephan

Al 10000
10-08-2012, 15:34
Thanks Clive for accepting me into the pool so quickly.

Now here is my usuall problem,i can get onto the site when useing the old SportGuru site as this site remembers my secret password,but when i go through the new Superbrew site it doesnt remember my secret password so i car'nt log into the site as i have forgot my password.
I am under the impression that the old SportGuru site will be closed down at some point in the future which will then make me unable to log into the new SuperBrew site.

I hope you can help me out with this has i am always having problems with secret passwords.

Cheers Alan

Millay
10-08-2012, 17:43
Thanks Clive for accepting me into the pool so quickly.

Now here is my usuall problem,i can get onto the site when useing the old SportGuru site as this site remembers my secret password,but when i go through the new Superbrew site it doesnt remember my secret password so i car'nt log into the site as i have forgot my password.
I am under the impression that the old SportGuru site will be closed down at some point in the future which will then make me unable to log into the new SuperBrew site.

I hope you can help me out with this has i am always having problems with secret passwords.

Cheers Alan

I've not got a good Internet connection at the moment to check but most sites have a "forget password" link that you can use to get your password e-mailed to you. I suggest trying that on the SuperBru site as all details should have mapped across. Alternatively there may be a "contact us" link on the SportGuru site, you could use that and send them a message, they're usually quite helpful.

Let me know how you get on.

Al 10000
11-08-2012, 15:44
Cheers Clive,

I tried that and i have now got two different passwords so i am now getting more:confused: so i sent them a message about my problems and also explained that i am completly useless on computors,no reply yet.
I will let you know if i am unable to make picks for the first matches.

Cheers Alan

Millay
17-08-2012, 09:14
I see you've managed to both join and make your picks Alan. The only outstanding picks are for Strongers, obviously waiting for that last minute transfer news.

There's something I have just discovered about the scoring for this year's competition which has changed a little. The Margin Point which last year was about goals scored by a particular team and goal difference has been replaced by something called a Closeness Index. I think the theory is that if you forecast a team to win 2-0 and the result is 4-2 then you,ve not got particularly close. So this Closeness Index factors in both goal difference and total goals scored and comes up with a number. A correct result will result in a CI of 0 and you will get a full point. CI's of 1 and 1.50 will get fractions of a point, anything 2 or over and you don't get the Margin Point.

Clear ?? I thought not. Don't worry though, all you need to dois to predict the score as usual, but you will note a difference when you look at the points scored in the pool. The Bonus Point remains for whoever in the pool get's closest and there is also the 3 Grand slam points if anyone gets every win/lose/draw result correct in a given week.

Good Luck to everyone and it's not too late for anyone still wishing to join.

trainman
17-08-2012, 11:18
If anyone plays Super6, as you should with the chance to go for £100k for free, that has changed scoring as well. I've not managed to access it yet tho, they were still developing the site earlier in the week!

Good luck everyone.

Strongers
17-08-2012, 17:26
I see you've managed to both join and make your picks Alan. The only outstanding picks are for Strongers, obviously waiting for that last minute transfer news.

It must be time to get out the Magic 8 Ball. :pray:

Mobyduck
18-08-2012, 18:34
Well that went really well today! :rolleyes:

Strongers
18-08-2012, 18:55
Well that went really well today! :rolleyes:

I thought I’d play safe and go for the favourites and I got them all wrong… I still managed to get 0.5 points somehow.

Time to start chasing Hondo again!:rolleyes:

RogerB
19-08-2012, 14:36
My own personal pool is currently in first place (out of 1,995 pools)! Rather chuffed. Just hope Man City v Southampton doesn't stich us up as we have a few varying scores.

Millay
19-08-2012, 18:21
My own personal pool is currently in first place (out of 1,995 pools)! Rather chuffed. Just hope Man City v Southampton doesn't stich us up as we have a few varying scores.

In second place after the City game Roger, great performance but I feel I may be dragging you down!

The Pubs Galore pool is in 735th place.

RogerB
23-08-2012, 09:04
Back up to Top place for my own pool! The PG pool now surged up to 677th! ROBCamra and Strongers need to pull their finger out!

Millay
23-08-2012, 17:59
Back up to Top place for my own pool! The PG pool now surged up to 677th! ROBCamra and Strongers need to pull their finger out!

I am 1/8 in my office pool but only 5/6 in yours which shows what quality, or lucky, members you have Roger. Great effort though so encourage everyone to keep their picks going. Not sure if the pool ratings are based on all players in the pool or the top X players.

RogerB
24-08-2012, 11:07
what quality, or lucky, members you have Roger.

Since the girl in 2nd place is Canadian and lives in Ontario with, to my knowledge, not much understanding of the Premier League, I suspect it's more luck than judgement (although her hubby is from Coventry so he may be supplying a few tips!).

Strongers
24-08-2012, 21:43

I’m currently 2929th out of 3101… As Yazz and the Plastic Population once said, the only way is up baby.

ROBCamra
02-09-2012, 10:00

Finger pulled out, but we've dropped to 1066th. :(

Hastings jokes anyone?

Delboy20
16-09-2012, 13:37
Might as well blow my own trumpet for once !!

2 good weeks have put me top of our pool - I knew backing the Villa to win would pay off. No one else had any faith in us.

Come on Reading - a win will keep me top !!

Mobyduck
16-09-2012, 18:51
Come on Reading - a win will keep me top !!

Oops, :D Still top though.

Strongers
16-09-2012, 19:48
I'm off the bottom for the first time!!!

ROBCamra
18-09-2012, 10:18
Finger pulled out, but we've dropped to 1066th. :(

Finger most definitely re-inserted, I had a mare this week. :o

ROBCamra
20-05-2013, 10:44

Well if no-one else is going to mention it. :o;)

The last 2 weeks I really pulled my finger out and won the yellow cap 2 weeks running.

This allowed me to make a fine run on the rails to just pip Wild Rover for the title.

At half time Wild Rover was winning it. But a winning goal for Arsenal and an equaliser for Villa sent it my way in the 2nd half.

The Pubs Galore pool finished 16th out of 2,473. A fantastic result.

Wild Rover aka Peter Ashworth got some consolation though by battering us all in the Fantasy Premier League game. Congrats to Peter. :cheers:

Wild Rover
20-05-2013, 12:15
Well if no-one else is going to mention it. :o;)

The last 2 weeks I really pulled my finger out and won the yellow cap 2 weeks running.

This allowed me to make a fine run on the rails to just pip Wild Rover for the title.

At half time Wild Rover was winning it. But a winning goal for Arsenal and an equaliser for Villa sent it my way in the 2nd half.

The Pubs Galore pool finished 16th out of 2,473. A fantastic result.

Wild Rover aka Peter Ashworth got some consolation though by battering us all in the Fantasy Premier League game. Congrats to Peter. :cheers:

Thanks Rob,yes you have had an excellent spell just when it mattered and left me standing.Will try again next year

hondo
21-05-2013, 09:26
well done

trainman
22-05-2013, 18:59
Yep, well done to ROB & WR respectively, and all those among the upper echelons.
Looks like I'll be making my predictions in the championship next season, and probably playing fantasy championship too, unless only two get relegated... :whistle:
Either way, a disappointing season reflecting... well, let's not dwell on all that, eh? :(

ROBCamra
23-05-2013, 06:56
Either way, a disappointing season reflecting... well, let's not dwell on all that, eh? :(

I was at Wastelands on Saturday on the tram, it looked like it was in mourning. :evilgrin:

Same old City, internal combustion when least needed. ;)