PDA

View Full Version : Strip pubs

Strongers
16-07-2012, 14:19
Is it true that strip pubs are marked as closed on here even if they are open, like the Griffin below?

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23324/

Spinko
16-07-2012, 18:15
I wonder if the place just outside the Galpharm stadium in Huddersfield still has the stripper with the whipped cream. A friend had to take the train home with pants full of cream after a few post-match pints there :D

Delboy20
16-07-2012, 18:45
The Flying Scotsman - Kings Cross is marked as open. I havent been for a few years but I assume it is still a strip pub.

Every football fan in the country must have been at some point - it is almost a national intstitution !!

The Flying Scotsman (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54267/)

Millay
16-07-2012, 18:59
I've checked a couple that I know and they are still shown as open. I'm not telling where they are just in case it is policy to close them :whistle:

Sparkplug
16-07-2012, 19:32
The problem is many pubs put on strippers once in a while, so tracking and excluding them would be an even bigger task than working out which pubs are still open at all. I'm no prude, but I dislike the whole jugging thing, and fleecing drinkers for money every few minutes.

Andy Ven
16-07-2012, 20:55
Maybe the wooden windows have duped a few reviewers into thinking the place was boarded up and closed :)

Gann
19-07-2012, 13:04
The Flying Scotsman - Kings Cross is marked as open. I havent been for a few years but I assume it is still a strip pub.

Oh yes, still very much open, erh hem or I should say a good friend of mine confirmed it still was when he visited last Friday evening

ETA
21-07-2012, 22:55
Is it true that strip pubs are marked as closed on here even if they are open, like the Griffin below?

I can confirm that the 2 I have reviewed are still marked as open - though I can't confirm whether they actually are.

Strongers
21-07-2012, 23:19
Well it seems that strip PUBS aren’t being marked as closed so I will request the Griffin to be marked as open.