PDA

View Full Version : Beer of the Week (w/e 15th July 2012)

ROBCamra
10-07-2012, 08:23
hondo: Abbeydale Daily Bread
Spinko: Cotswold Spring Stunner
Oggwyn Trench: Elland Aphrodite
gillhalfpint: Summerskills Bunker Hill
Wittenden: Pilgrim Progress
Mobyduck: Otter Bitter
Millay: Thwaites Whet Your Whistle
oldboots: Collingham Journeyman
Thuck Phat: Potbelly A Limp Pig Gold
aleandhearty: Magic Rock High Wire
Pubsignman: Oakham Citra
Alesonly: Hopback Summer Lighting
Bucking Fastard: Titanic White Star
ROBCamra: Revolutions Entertainment

hondo
13-07-2012, 06:07
Abbeydale - daily bread

Mobyduck
13-07-2012, 18:43
A poor week so far after last weeks extravaganza ,at the moment RCH Hewish IPA leads the way ,ok but nothing to get to excited about, working all weekend so hoping something decent turns up in the local sat or sun evening. :pray:

Spinko
15-07-2012, 12:05
Cotswold Spring - Stunner

Had 6 of these in the Manchester Deansgate Wetherspoons :whistle:

Oggwyn Trench
15-07-2012, 16:23
Not much variety on the beer front this week :( but the quality was good :D

Abbeydale - Larceny
Accorn - Hoptathlon
Elland - Aphrodite
RAW - Hop Pole

BOTW Elland - Aphrodite

gillhalfpint
15-07-2012, 16:34
Not a lot till we went to Plymouth beer festival on Friday.

Angus Mashie Niblick
Black Paw Polar Paw
Clearwater Proper 'Ansome
Derventio Boudica
Derwent Derwent Blonde
Garage Stout Sam
Garage Firkin Folly
Garage Young Bob - contender
Hammerpot Red Hunter
High House Black Moss
Holsworthy Sun Shine
Summerskills Jubilaeo Cervisia
Summerskills Bunker Hill - contender
St Austell Podium IPA
Wickwar Penny Black Porter

BOTW is .. .. Summerskills Bunker Hill

Rest of the week, Sharps Doom Bar, St Austell Proper Job, Tribute and HSD, Coastal Poseidon, Potbelly Crazy Daze. Cornish Crown St Michael's Bitter.

Wittenden
15-07-2012, 16:50
LocALE south of Godalming:

Surrey Hills-Shere Drop:I thought that I'd had this before, but in fact I'd enjoyed this brewery's Ranmore Ale previously.Not so sure about this:a slight dislocation of flavour,metallic perhaps. A rich best bitter.
Langham-HipHop:silly name, but a blonde pale 'n' hoppy from the SouthDowns,meeting Pennine standards.Good.
Pilgrim-Progress:this has been around for some time now, but I've never tried it before. A comforting best bitter for a drenched July,ruby brown, earthy hops, sweetish malt.Bonfires:I really liked this. My BOTW.

Mobyduck
15-07-2012, 17:59
Nothing that really grabbed me this week,
RCH Pitchfork
RCH PG Steam
RCH Hewish IPA
Hopback Cropcircle
Triple fff Alton's Pride
Otter Brewery Otter Bitter
Butcombe Bitter
Gales HSB
Nice as the HSB was, BOTW goes to the Otter Bitter.

Millay
15-07-2012, 18:07
This week it's going to be Thwaits Whet Your Whistle

oldboots
15-07-2012, 18:10
Some excellent beers tried this week, Mallinsons, Roosters, Nook and Wensleydale among the best but BOTW was from a newish brewery located down near Wetherby - Collingham Journeyman

Thuck Phat
16-07-2012, 09:54
Just the three:
Oakham Bishops Farewell
Purity UBU
Potbelly A Limp Pig Gold

Bishops excellent as ever but BOTW was Potbelly A Limp Pig Gold, odd name, quaffable ale.

aleandhearty
16-07-2012, 09:57
Very quiet week for me, only sampling the four:

Glentworth - Little Cracker.
Abbeydale - Absolution.
Magic Rock - High Wire.
Acorn - Gorlovka.

Very difficult to choose between the latter two, but having had a couple of disappointing High Wire's recently, it was great to see it bang on form again.

Pubsignman
16-07-2012, 18:40
Quite a few to choose from thanks to a mini crawl round Soho at the weekend. Disappointment of the week was Fyne Lismore Blonde - I'm a big fan of Fyne Ales but this one wasn't up to much. Much better were Triple fff Pressed Rat and Warthog, Mallinsons The Beach Is Back, Ascot Anastasia Exile Stout and XT Dark Roast, but none of these matched the excellent Oakham Citra - one of 5 Oakham beers available in the George, Croydon earlier this week.

A quick mention also for Fuller's newest beer - Wild River - a double hopped American Pale Ale. Not Fuller's most accomplished beer, but surely their most experimental. Interested to see what else they've got up their sleeves.

Alesonly
16-07-2012, 23:45
Not much good ale last week but the best Three were Timothy Tailors Landlord Hopback Summer Lightning & Tring Ridgeway Bitter. So my Ale of the week will be. Hopback Summer Lighting.

Bucking Fastard
18-07-2012, 17:13
Bit late ,but for most of the week it looked like Buntingford's Polar Star would win,the best thing I had from this brewery and a well hopped golden ale.However a Sunday visit to The Dispensary,Liverpool threw up Titanic White Star ,always a very worthy BOTW.

ROBCamra
20-07-2012, 14:09
A trip to Derby beer festival provided a lot of choice this week, but none of the festival ales are going to win.

BOTW is going to be Revolutions Entertainment tried at The Flower Pot (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/7080/) in Derby. :cheers: