PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Steel City festival

gillhalfpint
22-06-2012, 10:40
We have got our tickets for the Nottingham festival and were looking at going to Sheffield festival before it, but haven't got the dates and wondered if anyone here knows when it is on. I cannot get dates from their CAMRA site, and although I e-mailed them, no-one has got back to me.

Trouble is I have it pencilled in for the w/e 28 Sept and w/e 5 Oct. We want to take the caravan up to have a few days in Sheffield before moving on to Nottingham for their festival but cannot get things sorted till we have Sheffield dates.

Can anyone help?

It's OK about the Black Country trip Andy. If it's 5 Oct w/e we will go up on the Thursday, catch train down to do Black Country Friday, then do Sheffield fest Saturday. Our lives are very much like that with plotting and planning!!

sheffield hatter
22-06-2012, 10:56
I have it pencilled in for the w/e 28 Sept and w/e 5 Oct... but cannot get things sorted till we have Sheffield dates.

It's usually the last weekend of Sept/first weekend of Oct. Last year it was Thu 29th, Fri 30th & Sat 1st.
There's a reference here (http://www.sheffieldcamra.org.uk/diary.htm) to "planning for this Octobers beer festival", so it looks like it will be Thu 4th, Fri 5th & Sat 6th this year.

gillhalfpint
22-06-2012, 11:44
Thanks. Just thought of another way round and went on Pond Forge website, and they have it starting on 4th Oct.

Looks like caravan goes to Sheffield for 4th Oct then we come back for the day on 5th for Black Country trip, then back to Sheffield for fest on 6th. I enjoyed it there last year. We will have a few days to wander round Sheffield before heading to Arnold on the Wednesday for the Nottingham fest.