PDA

View Full Version : Beer of the Week (w/e 3rd June 2012)

ROBCamra
30-05-2012, 10:25
ROBCamra: Brightside Odin
Al 10000: Great Heck Hecks Angels
Real Ale Ray: Cross Bay Sunset
Bucking Fastard: Roosters True Grit
Mobyduck: Hopback Crop Circle
Old Blue: Hammerpot Woodcote Bitter
Oggwyn Trench: Goose Eye Chinook
Thuck Phat: Oakham Bishops Farewell
Wittenden: Old Dairy Sun Top
Spinko: Quantum Stockporter
aleandhearty: Fernandes Great Northern
Quinno: Adnams Explorer
Farway: RAW Spring Special
Millay: Oakham Green Devil IPA
Dave M: Ožujsko lager
Pubmignman: Roosters Yankee

ROBCamra
01-06-2012, 13:25
No more proper beer for me this week, so BOTW is going to be Brightside Odin.

Light & Hoppy and at 3.8% a great session beer for the warm weather. I had 3 in The Baum on Tuesday. :cheers:

Al 10000
03-06-2012, 12:41
My beer of the week goes to Great Heck Hecks Angels tried in the Mallard in Worksop.

Real Ale Ray
03-06-2012, 15:21
My BOTW is Cross Bay Brewery Sunset:cheers:

Bucking Fastard
03-06-2012, 16:49
A night in a McMullens pub was never going to yield a BOTW,so my mini crawl around Bow Street was the last chance ,and luckily Rooster's True Grit in The Williamson Tavern did sink very easily,so was followed by some more.Generally a good sign that the beer is a worthy BOTW.

Mobyduck
03-06-2012, 17:32
Hopback's Cropcircle ,unsurpassed this week.

Old Blue
03-06-2012, 19:46
Quite a few beers drunk in Dorset this week:
Palmers Copper Ale, Dorset Gold and 200
Hall & Woodhouse Hopping Hare and Tanglefoot
Otter Bitter and Ale
Ringwood Best and Fortyniner
Butcombe Bitter and Mendip Spring
Jennings Cumberland Ale
Wychwood Hobgoblin
St. Austell Tribute, Trelawny and Proper Job
Sharps Doombar
Theakston XB
Brains IPA
Royal Standard DT3
Yeovil Stargazer
Sunny Republic Beach Blonde and Huna Red
Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted
Tetley's Hop & Glory
However none of these surpassed either Red Squirrel Conservation Ale or Hammerpot Woodcote Bitter, both drunk today in the Roebuck on Richmond Hill (incidentally, the Roebuck now seems to have 6 ales on hand pump and another 3 on stillage - rather more than the selection of 4 ales that were on last time it was reviewed!)

Oggwyn Trench
04-06-2012, 07:57
Very good weekends drinking:D

RAT - Darn Tarn Rat
Goose Eye - Chinook
Kelham Island - King of the Rocket Men
Salamander - Bionic
Fullers - London Pride
Wye Valley - Pint Bearer
Liverpool Organic - William Roscoe
Coastal - Hop Monster
Island Ales - Wight Knight
Two Roses - Galaxy
Priors Well - Priors Gold
White Rose - Black Buck
Mallinsons - Garrard Ladbroke
Accorn - Vanguard IPA
Harbour - IPA
Stonehouse - KPA
Everards - Diamond Jubilee
Liverpool Organic - Empire
Rudgate - Lokis Mischief
Imperial - Jubilee Bitter

BOTW Goose Eye - Chinook

Thuck Phat
04-06-2012, 09:51
A very quiet week with only TT Landlord and the ever reliable BOTW Oakham Bishops Farewell tried.

Wittenden
04-06-2012, 23:33
Not much time for the pub this week, though I managed to visit an al fresco bbq and micro beer fest at the Gun and Spitroast, Horsmonden on Jubilee Sunday.As it was drizzling I had a pint of Sun Top, a very pale golden Pale Ale from Old Dairy:citrus from the Amarillos, a bit of soul from the East Kent Goldings. The perfect beer for a perfect summer's day:it wasn't, so I had another for good luck.My BOTW.

Spinko
05-06-2012, 06:58
Some really good beers this week, mostly courtesy of a trip to Newcastle via York.

Hardknott - Code Black
Thornbridge - Kipling
Lagunitas - Maximus
Brewdog - 5am Saint
Brewdog - Punk IPA
Yorkshire Dales - California Spring
Maui - Big Swell
Burley St - Laguna Seca
Quantum - Stockporter - a supreme porter sampled back home in Foley's.

aleandhearty
05-06-2012, 10:30
Another very quiet week for me, only managing two beers:

Fernandes - Columbus.
Fernandes - Great Northern.

Not very often I choose the same beer two weeks running, but no option really. I'll just have to make do with salivating over Oggy's list!

Oggwyn Trench
05-06-2012, 12:45
I'll just have to make do with salivating over Oggy's list![/QUOTE]

Plenty of Yorkshire beers there 10 i reckon and 1 from Nottinghamshire all tried in the Station , the Pride was in the Duke of York , the Coastal and Island Ales in the Crown the rest in the Fighting Cocks , which i reckon makes time walking between pubs about 30 seconds:D

Oakengates is a bit of a dump these days but for the choose of beers on offer in 3 pubs all next to each other its bloody wonderfull:notworthy::cheers:

Quinno
05-06-2012, 13:49
A crawl of some of RG1's lesser-visited pubs pulled up some unusual choices, including Theakstons OP at The Lyndhurst (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/1682/). But this weeks winner was a very moorish Adnams Explorer at Sweeney and Todd (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/61601/).

A word of caution here though. my companions 6X at the same venue was :sick:

Farway
05-06-2012, 15:07
Not often I can add to this list, mainly Fuller's stuff around here. But on Sunday I went to the 1st Cowplain Beer festival, and had a lovely RAW (http://www.rawbrew.com/beers) Spring Special. , only 3.2% but very drinkable, and it went well and stood it's own against pickled onions, eggs & gherkins

Another that I liked was 1914 (http://www.mrgrundysbrewery.co.uk/), hint of liquorice, stout type, 5%. Leicester beer fest 2011 best specialty. Went well with cheese

An odd one was Dervento Brewery Cleopatra, 5% Golden ale, but apricoty. Could be a Marmite choice. I liked it & reckon I could get used to that one. Others may hate the flavour. Never tried it against a pickled onion :sick:

Millay
05-06-2012, 18:50
For me it's going to be Oakham Green Devil IPA, at the Sportsman Croxley Green festival on Sunday.

Dave M
06-06-2012, 21:22
Mine would have to be the only stuff I could get my hands on, which was Ožujsko lager. Nothing too special but it was cold, cheap and beerish.

This is of course a roundabout way of saying I've been on holiday in Croatia so apologies for the lack of approvals on the site. If you have stuff waiting to be looked at I would hope to be back on top of things by around the end of next week. That could slip a bit depending on how much proper beer I enjoy to make up for all the lager drinking ;)

Pubsignman
11-06-2012, 12:31
Spent the Bank Holiday weekend in York with the other half. One upside of all the bad weather was that I managed to squeeze in a few more pubs than I'd expected.
Thought the York Guzzler was a tasty session beer, but BOTW goes to Roosters Yankee which slipped down a treat in the Blue Bell.

Alesonly
12-06-2012, 22:58
Late entry for W/E 3rd June Redemption Pail Ale nice pint. :D