PDA

View Full Version : Parkgate Hotel - Neston

Farway
27-02-2012, 13:06
Seems to be some confusion here

The Parkgate Hotel (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/27335/)

I can only say it did exist because I used to stay there back in the 1980s, and well remember the short skirts & long legs of the young ladies, oh and the theft from cars left overnight by guests :mad:

So if it has been demolished it should stay for historic reasons, the bar was open to non residents, hence short skirts & long legs of the young ladies observed

It was on other side of the road from current map location

Oggwyn Trench
27-02-2012, 15:26
I drive past there most weeks and there is no trace of it now , the current map location is a garage , across the road some large houses , i left it marked on incase it was down some side road i had not seen , oh well another one bites dust :(

Galore Admin
28-02-2012, 06:11
Hi Farway, Oggwyn,

We have deleted that one. The only review on it was to say it never existed, if someone wants to add it as a closed pub with a review or a picture they can.

AlanH
29-02-2012, 11:03
It was in the 1998 "Out Inn Cheshire" Real Ale guide

PARKGATE HOTEL
Boat House Lane
(off the A54, near the Parade)
Open all day
Bass Worthington Bitter (H)
A large hotel with comfortable lounge,
restaurant and function rooms. Situated close
to Parkgate Promenade. Pub meals served all
day, except Sunday, on which there is a break
between lunch and evening.

I bet Al10000 has a picture of it somewhere in his files;)

UPDATE

It was marked on old ordnance survey map, further inland from the garage on the other side of the road.
There is a big old house amongst the new houses at the bottom of Greenway (off Boathouse Lane) called 'Parkgate House' which matches the position exactly.
Gone! but still lived in.

Strongers
29-02-2012, 13:09
:notworthy: