PDA

View Full Version : Mid week doom and gloom

ETA
08-02-2012, 16:36
http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/General-News/Enterprise-Inns-reveals-price-hikes/?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter%2BDaily&c=kmIEWLx%2BxK8vttgHziAUAelYnN4TbnGO

Prices hikes well above the rate of inflation, and this makes the £4.00 pint a very real possibility by the Summer (when the Olympics will certainly push up prices in London and the South).

Nice to see Enterprise being so supportive of their landlords (if you believe that they have really had a change of heart). Still, it's not all bad news for them - they can always find lots of people with redundancy payments to take on any businesses which fail due to high pubco costs...

Alesonly
08-02-2012, 18:30
Its already £4.20 A Pint for most ales in my part of London Muswell Hill. :eek: If it goes up anymore more it will be a fiver a pint by next year.

Quinno
08-02-2012, 18:57
Tim Martin must be rubbing his hands like Fagin............

Spinko
08-02-2012, 18:57
All pints £2.50 at the Rat beer festival at the Rat & Ratchet in Huddersfield from Friday, with 50p off with a Camra card. :D

Alesonly
08-02-2012, 21:11
Tim Martin must be rubbing his hands like Fagin............

But the greedy Bar owners around here blocked & opposed a Wetherspoons being built in the area I wonder why they don't want the competition. We only have a choice of one Pub a O Nell's & one gastro Pub Thats expensive. The only other one Slug & Lettuce closes down soon on W/E 11th Feb.

Correction It closes on the 11th of Feb to become a Waitrose food hall.

Strongers
08-02-2012, 23:13
But the greedy Bar owners around here blocked & opposed a Wetherspoons being built in the area I wonder why they don't want the competition. We only have a choice of one Pub a O Nell's & one gastro Pub Thats expensive. The only other one Slug & Lettuce closes down soon on W/E 18th Feb.

I used to get the bus down to Highgate Station and tube it some half reasonable pubs, and that was from Friern barnet!

Glory days though as I sold my flat on Friday last week and all ties with North London have been severed with a tidy hand shake. It’s a shame I have to now pay someone else’s mortgage, but no more management fees or getting my wallet raped by the Halifax who are the most unreasonable shitebags I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Happy Daze!

Farway
09-02-2012, 12:58
Nice to see Enterprise being so supportive of their landlords (if you believe that they have really had a change of heart).

I think I spotted a pig passing over, my local's lease was sold, landlady evicted Dec 2011 [& was still a thriving business], oh, guess what? According to bloke putting the hoardings around it today, it will become a Tesco soon

Very supportive, not

PS At least we did get a Wetherspoon's opened in Nov in nearby town

arwkrite
15-02-2012, 09:14
My local, which recently closed, is about to reopen soon. I know the future landlord and wish him luck.The problem is that our crowd have relocated to a nearby pub and have been made very welcome. I can see divided loyalties ahead.
On another note I hear David Cameron. PM. will be addressing doctors, nurses, health workers and policemen about stamping out alcohol abuse. This collection of lobbyists have only one agenda and that is the increase in drink prices. If I was a young person now living in the UK I think it likely that, facing a bleak future, I would get bombed out of my brains every weekend.

oldboots
15-02-2012, 14:38
On another note I hear David Cameron. PM. will be addressing doctors, nurses, health workers and policemen about stamping out alcohol abuse.

Perhaps Mr Cameron could relate his own boozy tales about his time with the famously alcohol abusing Bullingdon Club.

Drink prices will be going up in the budget above inflation due to the Alcohol Duty Escalator which allows politicians to say "we have added no extra alcohol tax in this budget"

Slippery bastards

hondo
16-02-2012, 13:42
Perhaps Mr Cameron could relate his own boozy tales about his time with the famously alcohol abusing Bullingdon Club.

Drink prices will be going up in the budget above inflation due to the Alcohol Duty Escalator which allows politicians to say "we have added no extra alcohol tax in this budget"

Slippery bastards

he still has shares in urbium
http://www.parliamentaryrecord.com/content/profiles/mp/David-Cameron/Witney/661#Non-Parliamentary-Career which owns late night bars and clubs eg tiger tiger

PaulOfHorsham
16-02-2012, 19:27
Correction It closes on the 11th of Feb to become a Waitrose food hall.

Well, the upside is a better selection of beer (and, presumably, somewhere pleasant to drink them once you get home).

Spinko
16-02-2012, 22:19
My local, which recently closed, is about to reopen soon. I know the future landlord and wish him luck.The problem is that our crowd have relocated to a nearby pub and have been made very welcome. I can see divided loyalties ahead.
On another note I hear David Cameron. PM. will be addressing doctors, nurses, health workers and policemen about stamping out alcohol abuse. This collection of lobbyists have only one agenda and that is the increase in drink prices. If I was a young person now living in the UK I think it likely that, facing a bleak future, I would get bombed out of my brains every weekend.

I wonder if you consider 29 young. I walk through our desolate, dispiriting wastegrounds that are considered towncentres and despair. I can hardly describe it - full of idiots gawping at those chicks who choose to reveal pretty much everything.

I am of the next generation of 20 plussers, and would love things to be as they were in our parents generation where you could meet a lass and you'd be loyal and so, surprisingly, would she.

Girls aren't like that these days, and so 20 something blokes are either walking away or "pumping and dumping".

arwkrite
17-02-2012, 09:26
It can be misleading looking at the past with rose colored glasses. Promiscuity was around back then just hidden from sight or not polite to talk about. Every generation has doubts about those following but things carry on. I am sure there are men and women out there with loyalty and commitment to a relation ship. Keep looking and hopefully you will hot gold.........signed Aunty Arwkrite :cheers:

Spinko
17-02-2012, 15:55
It can be misleading looking at the past with rose colored glasses. Promiscuity was around back then just hidden from sight or not polite to talk about. Every generation has doubts about those following but things carry on. I am sure there are men and women out there with loyalty and commitment to a relation ship. Keep looking and hopefully you will hot gold.........signed Aunty Arwkrite :cheers:

These days we have grrrl power. Back then female promiscuity was frowned upon, now it is lauded. I'll go my own way :D

AWALT

Strongers
19-02-2012, 01:13
These days we have grrrl power. Back then female promiscuity was frowned upon, now it is lauded. I'll go my own way :D

AWALT

Not a big fan of TOWIE then?

arwkrite
19-02-2012, 08:33
A real bad case of the blues Spinko, perhaps caused by vitamin deficiency quite common in winter. Make your way on the sunnyside the street and look for ladies elsewhere than the High Street on a Friday night. It might improve you chances of finding a sober one. Good luck and dont give up.